Chapter 16 : Love Me, Love Me Not

Time Flies

“Okay, tell me what happened between you and him, hm? It’s third days that you and him didn’t talk with each other…”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “It’s the fifth days, unnie. Don’t forget to count my two-days-absent from school…”

“Well. Fifth days, then. Tell me what happened. And don’t say that there’s nothing or you’re okay. Because I can see how depressed you were for these days because you couldn’t talk with him…” Yuri said while smiling meaningfully when Yoona pouted over her words. “Tell me, Yoong.”

“He’s angry with me, unnie…”

“Oh???”

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “What’s with your reaction, unnie??”

Yuri shook her head, still looks amazed. “I just couldn’t believe that Jonghyun can angry with you… Wow…”

“Of course he can angry with me, unnie. What makes you think that he cannot?”

Yuri shrugged her shoulder. “Molla… I just used to think that he loves you too much until he couldn’t even get angry with you…”

“Oh jebal…” Yoona rolled her eyes. “First, he CAN angry with me. And second, he didn’t love me, unnie.” He already said it on the plane back days ago, right? And once again I feel annoyed whenever I think about this… Without knowing the reason why I feel like this… “He’s angry with me because I told him to follow his parents will to go to the arranged dinner-blind-date-or-whatever-you-called-it…”

Yuri raised her eyebrows. “What? Arranged dinner?? Do you mean he’s going to meet a girl that he never meet before? And that girl is someone that his parents knew?”

“Yes…” Yoona replied without enthuasism.

“And you told him to attend that dinner??”

“Yes…”

“Ppabo girl!”

“Unnie, listen! I—“

“Yoong! Done already?” Yoona’s Mom voice suddenly cutted their conversation.

“Not yet, Mom. Soon.” Yoona answered back from her room and back to Yuri who looks curious. “Yes, that’s why I said that I need your help, unnie…”

 

* * *

 

“Omo, my son is so handsome!!” Lee Ha Ni exclaimed in amazed as she saw her son was walking down from his room while wearing a black suit. “Come here. Omo… so handsome…” she pinched Jonghyun’s cheek while grinning widely.

“Omma…” Jonghyun grimaced. “Just don’t forget that I don’t have any planning to attend this dinner fully. I already have a promise with Yoongie…”

“Jinjja? You’re sure that you’ll still want to leave early after you saw the girl?” Jonghyun’s Dad, Lee Nam Gyu, butted in.

“Of course.” Jonghyun snorted. “Yoongie is more important. Beside—“

“Oh, look! Who’s that handsome boy!” Lee Harry—Jonghyun’s grandfather—who just came out from his room, cutted Jonghyun’s words, while approaching his grandson who was putting a sullen expression. “Ready to meet a very beautiful girl?”

“Haraboji... I have another important appointment with the most beautiful girl. That’s why I sacrifice myself by putting these clothes on only for her.”

“Who’s her?”

“Yoongie, of course!” Jonghyun said while pouting. Ugh, why my family insisted to make me meet with another girl when they already knew that I only want Yoongie??? “Haraboji, Appa, Omma, let’s go ppalli! So I can leave earlier and dinner with Yoongie!” he said with sulky tone and walked towards outside the house. While his family followed after him and smiling secretly.

 

 

 

Few Moments Later…

Jonghyun sat on his chair impatiently while putting a bored expression. They just arrived for about ten minutes and he already feels annoyed because their guests aren’t coming yet. Didn’t they know that I have another important thing to do after this??? I don’t want to waste my time just by waiting for them to come… urgh…

“Be patient, son. They will arrive soon…” Lee Nam Gyu said to his son when he saw that Jonghyun was doing an impatient gesture.

Now I wonder how important this girl is… I’m not boasting about my parents or what, but… hey, I know that not so many people can make my parents wait… I mean, they are one of important people in Korea… “I have to wait thirty minutes more, right Appa? As our promise... If they didn’t show up, then I have the right to leave first.”

“Yes.” Jonghyun’s Dad nodded while smiling. Seems like he’s very sure that the girl will come before Jonghyun left.

Another five minutes has passed and the situation is still the same. Jonghyun saw that his parents and his grandfather are busily talking with each other, seems like didn’t mind at all if their guest is late. He sighed and decided to go to the toilet but he suddenly paused his act when suddenly a waiter approached their table while guiding two people behind him.

“Ah choeseonghamnida. We’re so late. There’s a heavy traffic on our way here…”

“Gwaenchana. No need to apologize. It’s always worth to wait…” Jonghyun’s family welcomed those two guests warmly. “Please take a seat.”

All of them were sitting except Jonghyun who’s still frozen in his position while looking straightly to the girl in front of him in disbelief. And it makes Lee Ha Ni giggled over his son’s act. She pokes her son’s head playfully. “Where’s your greeting, Jongie?”

Jonghyun blinked his eyes innocently, still looks disbelief. “Annyeonghaseyo… Yoon Hee imo…? Yoon Hee imo, right???”

 

 

Flashback.

Five Days Ago… Lee’s Main House…

“Did he already wake up, imo?”

“Yes. He’s already conscious enough to take a bath, dear.” Ha Ni answered. “By the way, Yoona. I have something to talk about with you before Jongie went down.”

“What’s that, imo?” Yoona asked in anticipated voice.

“Relax, dear.” Ha Ni smiled. “You know, I, my husband and my Dad actually want to invite you and your Mom to have a dinner together this sunday. I’ve met your mom several times and she agreed with that plan.”

“Jinjja? Did Imo know my omma?” Yoona asked in surprised. But omma never say anything…

“Yes. We met several times during your holiday trip to Japan with Jongie few weeks ago… So, Yoona, do you agree to have a dinner together with us, dear?”

 

“Well… I don’t see anything that makes me decline the invitation, imo. If omma already agreed then I’m in.” Yoona said, makes Ha Ni smiled happily. “But imo… why we had to talk about this before Jongie went down?” she asked curiously.

“Ahh. About that… Actually I want to make a surprise on Jongie. That’s why I need you to cooperate with us, Yoona. Let him think that I’m going to introduce a girl to him, not you.”

“And then?” Yoona tilted her head, still didn’t get it.

“I’m very sure that he will against the idea. But I need your help, Yoona. He will listen at you, for sure. I need your help to make him agree to come to the dinner. And make sure he thought that he’s going to be introduced to a daughter of his Dad’s friend.” Ha Ni explained. “We’re not lying, at least, right? You’re a daughter of my friend.”

Yoona thought for a while. “Sure, imo. I think I can help you. But can I ask one thing, imo?”

“Sure dear. What is it?”

“Why we have to hide this from Jongie? I mean… isn’t it easy for us if we let him know that the truth?”

Lee Ha Ni stared at Yoona with a smile on her face and winked. “About that, you’ll know the answer later, dear.”

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Yoon Hee and the others, include Yoona, who was coming along with her mother, chuckled upon Jonghyun’s blunt act. “Of course. Do you think who they are, huh?” Jonghyun’s Dad was the one who answered while the others were still laughing.

“Okay, I don’t get it.” Jonghyun sat on his chair, give up, because the others are still laughing over him. “Omma, Appa and Haraboji told me to meet the daughter of Appa’s friend. But why Yoongie is here??”

“It’s true, son. Mrs. Im is Dad, Haraboji and Mom’s colleague.” Lee Nam Gyu answered while smiling widely.

“Since when?? Did Appa and Yoon Hee imo ever met??” Jonghyun asked curiously, even ignored the appetizer which already served on his plate.

“Yes.” Jonghyun’s Mom and Dad and Yoon Hee nodded in unison. “At first time, we met by coincidence in some TV station buildings. And then, we had several dinner after that. It was during the time when you and Yoona had a vacation in Japan…” Lee Ha Ni explained.

“How come Omma didn’t tell me about that?”

“We’re telling you right now, dear.” Lee Ha Ni giggled. Seems like she was so happy because successfully putting a prank on her son.

“Mwoya…” Jonghyun pouted. “So, the one that Omma said is Appa, Haraboji and Omma’s colleague is Yoon Hee imo?”

“Yes.”

“And the girl that omma, appa and haraboji wanted me to meet is… Yoongie??”

“Yes. Don’t you always say that the only one girl that you want is Yoongie?” Lee Nam Gyu put a innocent expression towards his son, enjoying to tease Jonghyun.

“Yya Appa, I said like that because who else want to have Yoongie as a gir—AGHH!!” Jonghyun couldn’t finish his words because Yoona heartlessly stepped her foot on Jonghyun’s foot.

“Mwoya??” he looked at Yoona, protested. While Yoona just glared at him. “Okay. I got it now. So, Omma, Appa, Haraboji and even Yoon Hee imo are putting a prank on me?” he started to speak again, ignoring Yoona’s glare.

“No, we’re not. Didn’t we tell you all the truth?”

“Oh yeah. All the truth. Except telling that the girl whom I had to meet is Yoongie…” Jonghyun pouted while putting a sulky face. He then turned at Yoona who just remained silent since beginning. “Follow me, Yoongie. I need to talk with you.”

“Eh? Odi?” Yoona looked at Jonghyun with confused face.

“Omma, Appa, Haraboji and imo can enjoy the dinner first. I have to talk with Yoona first. Don’t mind us. Just have a great dinner.” Jonghyun ignored Yoona and talked to the elders.

“Are you sure that you don’t want to have the main course first?” Ha Ni asked. Understand that his son that Yoona need their privacy.

“No, omma.”

“No, imo.”

They both answered in unison made their parents giggled over their acts once again. “Sure then. I think you don’t have any appetite before you talked to each other. We and Mrs. Im will enjoy the dinner first.”

“Yes, Omma. Excuse us.” Jonghyun said and pulled Yoona’s arm to left the table. He guided her went out from the restaurant and heading near to the garden behind.

That’s a beautiful garden actually. Yoona didn’t know that this restaurant has a beautiful garden like that. She was amazed by the view and didn’t realize that Jonghyun finally stopped on the bench and released her arm.

“So, what is this, Im Yoongie? You already know that my mom wanted you to meet me and yet you acted like you didn’t know anything??” Jonghyun squinted at Yoona while folding his arms.

“Uhm… Jongie, you know… this is your mom’s special request. Saying that I shouldn’t tell you the truth…” Yoona explained carefully, realizing that Jonghyun is in bad mood.

“Okay, I don’t get this. Don’t you know that I was so angry when you told me to attend this dinner? If only you said that it’s going to be our dinner, I won’t be angry like that, Im Yoongie!”

“But I can’t, Jongie. Imo told me not to say anything…”

“Why??? What’s the reason??”

“I don’t know Jonghyun… Imo didn’t tell me the reason…” Yoona shook her head while putting a clueless expression. Hoping that Jonghyun can believe her. And please don’t be angry like that… I really feel bad and sad…

Jonghyun sighed frustratedly. “If only I knew that you all were laughing behind me… Now, I must look so idiot…” he muttered.

“No, I’m not!!” Yoona strongly denied. “I’m not laughing at you, Jongie! Truthfully, I feel so confused too. I don’t understand what’s the reason behind these all. I think my mom know, but she didn’t want to tell me anything too…” She sighed and soothe her voice. “Jongie, I really didn’t have any intention to make you look so stupid or what. I just did what your Mom asked my help for. And since I already said yes, so there’s no turning back for me. I know you must be angry, but please Jongie… I’m very sorry… I didn’t mean like this…” she said sincerely. But Jonghyun didn’t say anything and just stared at Yoona profoundly. It makes Yoona felt more guilty. “Jongie… please don’t get mad at me…”

“I just don’t get it, Yoong! Why you and my family had to hide this from me! My family invites you and your mom to have a dinner together! And they told me that I should meet with a girlActually what did my mom expect to happ—“ Jonghyun hung his words as his phone is ringing. He took it out from his pocket and read the text.

 

Mom : Don’t get mad at Yoongie, aracchi?
We did these all just for you, son.
Remember what we’ve been talking about ‘someone’ since long ago?
*not only me who loves Yoongie so much, even your Dad and your Grandpa. *wink*

 

Jonghyun frowned as he read the message from his mom. “What is this??? What is omma talking about???” he spoke to himself while staring cluelessly at his phonescreen. “What’s the thing that I’ve been talking with omma since long ago…?” he muttered and tried hard to recall his memory when suddenly he remembered something.

 

 

Flashback.3 years ago. Japan. Lee’s House.

“Hooh, this is the first time you brought girls came to this house…” Lee Ha Ni said after Jonghyun’s friends bid a farewell. “Which one is your girlfriend, hm? Both of them are very pretty…”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and sat beside his mom. “Omma, they’re not my girlfriends. One of them is A-kun’s girlfriend and one of them is Kei’s childhood friend which was continuously became his classmate friend until now. So, those two girls absolutely didn’t relate to me even for a little.”

“Why? You didn’t have any interest on them because they are your friend’s girls?”

“Omma, even they are not, I still didn’t have any interest.” Jonghyun said in bored tone. “Didn’t I already tell you, omma? Girls is seriously too complicated to handle…”

Ha Ni feel amused of his son’s words. “Then are you planning to live a single life forever?” .

“Omma, of course no!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes once again and putting a nag expression on his face. “It doesn’t mean that I want to be a single guy forever. It’s just hard to find ‘one of a kind’ girl that suits my criteria, omma. Beside, I’m not in a hurry to search for that kind of girl. And, noted this, omma, if I finally found a perfect girl that suits me, then I won’t ask her to become my girlfriend right away.”

“What will you do, then?” Ha Ni asked, still smiling.

“Of course you have to meet her first, omma. I know my responsible. I won’t fall in love with a random girl. It must be someone that omma, appa and grandpa had to like her first then I finally can consider her as my girlfriend.”

Ha Ni feel amused and amazed at his son at the same time. “Sounds like you’re going to introduce your ‘soon-to-be-bride’ to us…” she chuckled. “But I’m so proud of you, son. You know your responsible so well although we always let you to choose every way that you want as long as you feel the happiness in that way.” She Jonghyun’s hairs with proud smile on her face. “Then, I’ll be waiting. It doesn’t matter when will you introduce a girl to us, I’ll be waiting patiently.”

“Glad to hear that, omma.”

“But I’m just curious about one thing, Jongie.”

“What’s that?”

“Although I’m very sure that you will fall in love with a right girl, but how if… IF, how if your Dad, your Grandpa and me disagree with your choice? I’m just curious…”

“It’s easy, omma.” Jonghyun answered without hesitation. “There are still plenty of girls that I can fall in love with and can make my family love her too.” He said while smiling. “And as I said, I wont ask her to become my girlfriend before omma, appa and haraboji agree with that.”

Flashback end.

 

 

“Omma is seriously daebak…” Jonghyun snorted as he finally realized what’s going on. He stared at Yoona for a moment without saying anything. In other words, omma said that they really agree if Yoongie become my girlfriend. But the point is… I still didn’t know if I should fall in love with her or now. Okay, one thing is cleared already, about my family’s approval. But the other thing… I mean, do I have any reason why I should fall in love with her? He thought in confused.

“Jongie… what’s wrong?” Yoona looks puzzled too as she found Jonghyun just stared at her without saying anything, seems like he’s busy in his deep thought.

“Huh? Anii…” Jonghyun shook his head right away.

“Then… are you still angry? Mian… I really don’t know the actual reason why Imo hide this from you…” Yoona bites her lips, still feeling guilty towards him.

Jonghyun scratched his hairs, thinking. “But then… I think I won’t be angry for too long.”

“Wae?”

“Well… I might became more angry and bored if omma invited someone else. In fact, you’re the one who was invited by my family, although I’m a bit annoyed because you and omma tricked me, but somehow it feels good. I mean… I just don’t want to meet any other girls except you.”

“Glad to hear you’re not angry anymore. Now, can we go back? They must be waiting for us.” Yoona change the topic in a hurry since she feels Jonghyun’s words succeed make her blushed.

“Sure, but first let me ask a question.” Jonghyun hold Yoona’s shoulder as he prevented her to walk. “How often you’re wearing this dress?” his eyes were pointing at the dress that Yoona is wearing right now. A white sleeveless short semi formal dress.

“Huh? This is the first time. Why?”

“Seriously? Prom?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “I’ve told you that I never attend any prom, Jongie…”

“Assa! Good!” Jonghyun made a horray sign with his fist. “It means I’m the first guy who was being on your side in a situation like this.” He said happily.

“What’s the point?” Yoona asked, look puzzled.

“It’s because you’re so beautiful tonight—I mean, you’re always beautiful but tonight is mooooore beautiful, that’s why I was asking if any guys ever standing beside you like this before… Fortunately, I’m the first one. And just to make sure that no other guy will be the second, third, and next. It must be only me, aracchi?” he said bluntly, didn’t aware at all of Yoona’s blushed face. “Let’s go back, then. I’m so hungry already.”

I am surely might kill this guy very soon because of his bluntness… Yoona thought desperately but she couldn’t help the happy feeling once again when Jonghyun held her hands and started to walk. Oh even my own feeling makes me confused…

 

* * *

Next Day. Band’s Studio Practice.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi?”

 

Jonghyun, who was strumming his guitar—alone in the studio, since the others aren’t there yet, turned around and found that Yonghwa’s girlfriend—I forgot her namewas there, standing in front of the studio. He put down his guitar and approached her with a curious expression. “Are you talking to me?”

“Yes. It’s about Yoongie.” Seohyun added in a hurry before Jonghyun let out a cold respond—or something like that, since people said that he treated the girls so cold except Yoongie.

“What happened with her?” Jonghyun’s voice tone changed as he heard Yoona’s name was mentioned.

 

“Actually, Seungjo sunbae saying that he wanted to talk a very important thing with Yoongie right now. And Yoongie didn’t have other choice except to say yes since Seungjo sunbae asked her directly before we started practicing. Although I don’t know what is he going to talk about with Yoongie, but I do have some feelings that he’s going to ask Yoongie to be his girlfrie—“

“WHAT??”

“Y-Ye, girlfriend.” Seohyun stuttered as she was surprised of Jonghyun’s voice. “Seungjo sunbae likes Yoongie since our first year. Although there are many guys already asked Yoongie for the same thing, but somehow I kinda worried if it’s Seungjo sunbae.”

“Wae?”

“He… uh, how should I say it… he’s a very possessive person and sometimes, he can be… to the girls… so touchy—“

“Where is she??” Jonghyun’s voice turned very cold as his expression gradually changed into full of worry.

“Backyard. Right after they left, I rushed off to find you, since I think I couldn’t do anything if it’s only me alone to go after th—“ Without waiting for Seohyun to complete her words, Jonghyun already rushed off to the backyard.

If that guy did something to Yoongie, I’ll make sure he will have a biggest regret for his whole life!

 

 

 

 

“I’m very sorry sunbae. But I really can’t.” Yoona apologized when the guy in front of him just asked her to be his girlfriend.

“Why??? I already waited for a year and you still rejected me??”

“Forgive me, sunbae. I’m very thankful for your feeling but I’m sorry, I really can’t.” Yoona bowed once again.

“Why??? Is it because you already has that guy as your boyfriend right now?”

“Boyfriend? Nugu?

“The new student from Japan. The one who only know how to stand behind his father’s name.” Seungjo said with sarcastic tone.

“What do you mean?” Yoona squinted. She suddenly felt the anger when she heard the guy in front of her is badmouthing Jonghyun. “Please don’t say something which is not true about him, sunbae!”

“Ah… so it’s him. What a waste, Im Yoona. How come you’ve fallen into a guy like that?”

“Sunbae,” Yoona tried hard to hold her anger and still putting an usual expression. “I think I already cleared the situation. I have to go now. Excuse me.” She was about to leave but suddenly Seungjo grabbed her hands, prevented her to walk.

“Where are you going? We’re not over yet, Im Yoona.”

“Sunbae, please get off my hands!” Yoona warned him, but seems like Seungjo ignored her. He still held Yoona’s hand tightly and even pulled her to come closer to him. “Sunbae!” she tried hard to release from his hands but she couldn’t win over the guy’s strength. Anyone… please… help me…

“Are you rejecting me because of that kid? Tsh, I owned you first, Yoona.” Seungjo leaned forward to Yoona, made her tried hardly to avoid him as far as she can do.

“Sunbae! Let go of me!!”

“I will. But after I give you a mark so that kid will know which one owned you first!” he leaned forward again but in a flash, Yoona feels that she suddenly pulled out by another hands and in a second she already know who’s that. Jonghyun is already there, his expression looks so scary and his urning eyes were locked on Seungjo.

“Can’t you hear her before? Let go your dirty hands off from her!!” Jonghyun’s voice is so cold as he spoke to Seungjo who was still in pain because Jonghyun gave him one on his stomach.

“J—Jongie…” Yoona stuttered with her shaky voice. She’s still in shocked and also in disbelief because Jonghyun’s sudden appearance. But when she saw Jonghyun’s expression, she already forgot about herself, especially when Jonghyun didn’t respond her at all and look so angry towards Seungjo. Yoona tried to touch his hands slightly, “Jongie…” and fortunately she succeed. Jonghyun finally turned his attention on her.

“Yoongie! Gwaenchana? What have this bastard done at you, huh?”

“Yya! So here comes the inheritor who only know how to use the power of his father’s name. Tsk.” Seungjo yelled at him as he finally can stand up properly again.

“Just shut up your stupid mouth.” Jonghyun’s voice turned very cold. Cold enough to make the people shiver. “And for what you’ve done to her, it’s not over yet!”

“Hah…” Seungjo laughed. “Then step forward, you little kid! Let’s have one on one. Dare enough?” Seungjo challenged him. “Or you’ll go home while crying and tell your father about this? Let me tell you that I am the one who owned Yoona first! A kid like you is just disturbing me!” he mocked.

Jonghyun, without any hesitation, approached Seungjo. “Did I tell you to shut up your stupid mouth...” he gave another one on Seungjo’s stomach, “… Sunbae.”

“Darn you!” Seungjo was about to attack him but Jonghyun easily avoided him. He just aimed for another on Jonghyun when suddenly someone—or for exactly another voice except Yoona—yelled at them.

“Lee Jonghyun, Park Seungjo! Both of you, stop it right now!!”

Jonghyun turned at the source of voice and suddenly frozen. Screwed me… I’m so dead this time…

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Annyeong. 
I’m very sorry for my delayed promise T_T
Actually I was sick last two weeks and couldn’t do any update.
And then when I finally recovery, I have to face a very hectic week of work and it makes me couldn’t write the chapter again.
And finally I managed to do an update right now.
I know in this chapt you will only find little of Jong’s bluntness.
Please forgive me bcs I made it on purpose. Even a blunt and innocent person like him sometimes need a time to get serious, just like this. But believe me, his character won’t have any change. He’s still a blunt and innocent Jongie. I promise you can found it in next chapt.
I’m very very thankful to all of you who’r still waiting and mind to read this story.
For all of your feedbacks, pls don’t hesitate to tell me.
Hopefully you still want to read this story.
Thank you very very much. See ya next chapt