Chapter 5 - Try To Understand Me

Time Flies

“Jongie... I... I... Uhm... ah forget it...” Yoona shook her head despairly. Seems like I have to take off my blazer uniform to cover it...

“Why you’re still sitting there? Cmon I’ll send you home if you didnt feel good...”

“Aniiyoo... it’s not like that...”

“Geure? Then what? Cmon... you’ll become more sick if you stayed here without resting... cmon...”

“Aish... I can’t!!!”

“Wae????”

“I can’t. I said I can’t, then it means I can’t!!” Yoona said stubbornly.

Jonghyun sctratched his hairs confusedly. “You can’t stand up? Because you’re not feeling well? Arasseo. Let me carry you!”

“ANIIYA!!! JONGIE, ANIIYA!!! IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!!!” Yoona became more anxious.

“Then what???” Jonghyun asked continously. “Arasseo. Write it down if you couldnt say it...” he offered his phone notes for Yoona. “Dont look at me like that. It because you looks so hard to say what happened with you...”

Yoona pouted and accept the phone. She thought about it for awhile... seems like was having some battles in her mind and finally typed something on Jonghyun’s phone. She then gave it back to Jonghyun with blushed face. OMO!! SO EMBARASSING!!!!!!!

Jonghyun took the phone and read it immediately.

 

I’m in my period...

 

“Huh?? Meaning??” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Yoona confusedly. “What period??”

OH MY GOD!!!! WHERE DID HE LIVE BEFORE??? MARS??? OTHER PLANET??? DID HE NEVER HEARD SOMETHING LIKE THAT??? Yoona sighed despairly. “My month period...” she finally said it out directly.

“And what’s that????” Jonghyun became more confused.

“JONGIE!!!!!”

“Wae???” Jonghyun asked innocently. “What’s that month-period,Yoongie?”

Yoona sighed despairly. “You know woman?”

“Ddeh.”

“You know the stage when a girl changed into woman?”

“Huh?”

Yoona scratched her hairs. How to explain it to an innocent boy like him?? “Are you a boy or a man?”

“HUH? One thing I sure is : I’m not a girl.”

“JONGIE!!!!” Yoona yelled at him with annoying looks. ARE YOU INNOCENT OR STUPID????

“Wae??? Why you’re kept rounding and rounding around the circle? Just tell me what happened actually?” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“Because it’s difficult to tell you!!”

“What is it? Write it down again if you can’t speak it out…”

Yoona tutted her tongue. She took out her phone and typed something there then gave it to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun accepted the phone but his eyebrows became more furrowed when he read the web pages that Yoona showed him. It was an article from naver with keyword : woman’s month period.

He focused to read it for a while and finally looked at Yoona again. “So you’re having your month period?”

I already said it before... oh jebal this guy!!  Yoona rolled her eyes. “Ddeh...”

“Right now???” Jonghyun looks surprised.  “That’s why you looks so anxious like that?”

“Ddeh.”

“Because?”

Yoona bite her lip again. “Because my stomach is cramping and I dont know the condition on my skirt. Since I just felt it when we’re having the Math Class and it just so sudden so I was afraid to go to check it...” How if it’s already marked on my skirt and people saw it when I asked a permit to go to Toilet...

“Check it? Check what?” he asked innocently.

“Check if there’s a mark or no on my skirt!”

“What mark???”

“JONGIE!!!!”

“Yoongie, I don’t understand!” Jonghyun said hopelessly. “I ever studied about that. And the teacher only said that uterus will shed its lining and egg in process termed Woman’s period. But I really don’t understand what does it mean!”

“It will turned into blood…” Yoona finally gave up and said it out with embarrased face.

“BLOOD?? Cinccaa?? Daebak…”

“YYA!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY DAEBAK???”

Jonghyun still looks in amazed. Seems like he found it was very amazing that woman suddenly let out blood in their period. “So do you mean you have a blood mark on your skirt right now?”

Why he said it so straightly like that??? Yoona bite her lip. “I’m afraid yes. Because it’s so sudden and I didn’t bring any…”

“Any what?”

“Something. You shouldn’t know it, Jongie.” Yoona waved her hands.

“Then just stand up.” Jonghyun suddenly said.

“EH?? AND???”

“Check it.”

“But there’s no mirror here! How could I check it!!”

“I’ll check it. Just stand up!” Jonghyun said.

“Yya! Andwae!!” Yoona said immediately. OMO! It’s already embarassing to tell him about this and for letting him to see it... OMO!!!! I think I wanna burry myself in ground right now!!

“Then are you planning to turn your head for 180 degrees to check it? If you have a plan like that, I should suggest you to enlist for Guinness Book of Records.”

“Aish Jongie! How come you make that kind of joke with this situation. It makes me feel more anxious...”

“But I’m not joking...” Jonghyun mumbled innocently. “Then what are you suppose to do?”

“Can you turn around for a moment? I’ll try to check it by myself.”

Jonghyun nodded and faced back Yoona. He was waiting when he heard Yoona was squealing behind him. “Wae? Wae?”

“OTTOKEH!!!!” Yoona kept squealing frustratedly. She’s about to cry when she saw that there’s a mark on his skirt. And since she couldnt see it properly, she didnt know how big the mark is.

“Can I turn around right now?” Jonghyun asked.

“Ddeh...” Yoona answered despairly and faced Jonghyun, made him didnt see her back.

Jonghyun turned around and looked at Yoona. “How?”

“Bad...” Yoona answered with weak voice. Now what am I suppose to do????

Jonghyun sctratched his head confusedly. He looked around and stopped at his uniform blazer that he’s wearing. He took it off immediately, made him only wore the vest and the longsleeves shirt uniform. He offered the blazer to Yoona. “Wear this around your waist.”

“Ddeh?? Andwae!” How can he gave me his blazer for covering my skirt… How if it got a mark too… “I’ll use mine.” Yoona said and wanted to wear off her blazer but Jonghyun stopped her.

“Still wear your blazer. What did you suppose to wear while riding my motor? It’s windy right now…”

“Eh? With your motor?”

“Do you want to walk alone with that condition?” Jonghyun asked back. “Wear this and I’ll walk behind you.”

“But Jongie… if I sat on your motor… how if…”

“Then I’ll clean it.” Jonghyun answered nonchalantly, seems like he didn’t think it as a big problem. “Cmon.”

Yoona finally took Jonghyun’s blazer and wore it around her waist, since she didn’t have any choices than it. They walked together from the class, well actually Jonghyun was a few steps behind Yoona. To guard her from some students who looked at them curiously.

They arrived at the parking area. Yoona waited until Jonghyun stopped thhe motor infront of her. But she just stands still… not sure that she will ride it or no.

“Wae? Get on. Didn’t I already told you? If you afraid it will left a mark, then I’ll clean it later. Cmon. It will rain soon…”

Yoona bites her lip anxiously and finally decided to get on. Jonghyun waited until she sat well and left the school. But when they were on the way, Yoona suddenly told him to stop.

“Wae?” Jonghyun asked.

“I must buy something at the pharmacy first…” Yoona said and pointed at the pharmacy that they were stopped in front of.

“What’s that? Let me buy it.” Jonghyun said. “Just still here, or else…”

Yoona who was going to go down suddenly stopped. “AH you’re right!” she said despairly, seems like just realized the danger if she got down from the motor. I almost forgot about my condition. Fortunately he said it quickly… I’m very sure that I already left a mark on his motor… and even his blazer right now… Yoona thought. But HOW DID I TELL HIM SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO BUY????? A guy will feel embarrassed to buy that thing!!

“What do you want to buy?” Jonghyun asked once again.

“Uhm… Jongie… No… You must not buy it for me… I’ll go buy it by myself…”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Huh? But I don’t have another blazer… And don’t wear off your blazer for your waist. You’ll feel cold since it’s so windy right now…”

“But… A guy never bought it… You’ll feel embarrassed for sure…” Yoona felt uneasy. But ottokaji?? I already ran out of stocks… I forgot to buy it because I didn’t expect my month period came faster than last month…

Jonghyun thought for a moment and seems like he finally understood what the things that Yoona wanted to buy. “You mean… you want to buy the napkins?”

OH DAENGHIDA HE KNEW IT!! And I even already thought how to explain it… Yoona nodded weakly.

“Then, I’ll buy it. Just wait here.” He said nonchalantly and entered the pharmacy without waiting for Yoona’s respond.  He’s back in few minutes while bringing a white plasticbag. “Here.” He offered it to Yoona.

Yoona received it with a shocked face. “How… How did you buy… it????”

“I just asked the Noona inside there and said that I want to buy the napkins… Wae?” he asked innocently.

And that’s the advantage for losing your sense… “Gomawo…” Yoona feels very thankful. You’re the first guy that even taking care of me when I’m at difficult situation like this… “Cincca gomawo, Jongie…”

Jonghyun just nodded innocently and started to ride the motor again, didn’t know that he just made Yoona feel touched because of his act.

 

* * *

 

Yoona, who just back from the toilet, after she had done with her problems, approached Jonghyun while giving him a can of cola in the living room. Fortunately there’s no mark on Jonghyun’s motor, although his blazer… well… must go to laundry. “Wae?” she asked when she noticed Jonghyun was looking at her and looks a bit worried.

“Are you okay?”

“Ddeh. Wae?”

“Did you have some wounds on your bottom part of body??”

“Anii. Wae??” Yoona asked confusedly.

“Then why you let out so many bloods like that???” Jonghyun looks very worried. Since he noticed the mark on his blazer when Yoona got down from his motor. Well, Yoona had no choice, because that time, there’s a plenty of middle school students who were passing them and to hide the mark, she had to faceback Jonghyun that time, made Jonghyun saw it.

“BWOH??” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “But… I think you already understand about woman’s month period??”

“Ddeh… But… why there’s so much bloods? I think you must go to hospital right now. You lost so much bloods…”

Yoona couldn’t help but laughed with Jonghyun’s innocent words. “Mian… but you’re so funny Jongie…” she said while still laughing, when Jonghyun still looks worried. “Listen to me, Jongie.” She said after she calmed herself. “It’s normal for woman to release so much bloods in their period…”

“That much?”

“Yes. That much, Jongie.” Yoona said firmly and smiled. As a guy, you’re so pure… “Sorry for dragging you into embarrassing-trouble like this, Jongie…”

“Nevermind.” Jonghyun shook his head. “I get a new thing to learn, too…” he said nonchalantly. “I never knew something like this before. And, what should you do to recharge your blood?”

Yoona giggled again with his words. “Eat enough. Rest enough. Just like that. I told you, it’s normal for us, woman. So, there’s nothing to worry about…”

“Then, you should eat right now.” Jonghyun seems only listened to Yoona’s first sentences.

“Ddeh. I think I’ll cook…”

“NO!” Jonghyun prevented Yoona from stand up. “I’ll call a delivery. You should have enough rest.”

“Jongie, but I’m fine…”

“You said your stomach is cramping…?”

“Yes. But it’s normal…”

“For me it’s not normal…” Jonghyun grimaced. “I’ll call a delivery. Let just sit and rest until the foods came.” He said firmly. Suddenly his phone is ringing. He looked at the screen. “Omma! Wae?”

While Jonghyun was talking with his Mom, Yoona stared at him quietly. Anyway… you didn’t change at all, Jonghyun… You’re still the boy that taking care of me a lot… Although you might didn’t realize it… But I’m happy… I’m very happy…

 

* * *

 

Lee’s Main House.

Jonghyun parked his motor and entered his house. He noticed that all of the cars already in garage, it means his parents and his grandfather already at home.

“Oh my grandson finally back…” his grandfather was the first to greet him.

Jonghyun approached his grandfather and sat beside him. “Haraboji, where’s omma and appa?”

“We’re here.” The sound of his parents were heard from their room. They approached Jonghyun and sat on the couch too. “How’s your school today, Jongie?” his dad asked.

“So far so good.” Jonghyun replied.

“Seems like you passed two mornings successfully…” Jonghyun’s mom said while smiling widely. “The maids said that you woke up at the right time.”

“Well… thanks to Yoongie…” Jonghyun said. “Omma! Can I ask you?” he suddenly asked.

“Sure. Wae?”

“If you had your month period. Did you really lost soooo much bloods????”

“Ddeh?” His mom looks a bit surprised with Jonghyun’s question. “Why you suddenly asked like that, son?”

“Today, Yoongie said that she was having her month period. And  she didn’t expect it… that’s why I helped him to cover the mark… But omma, I was so surprised when I noticed that she released soooo much bloods. And I said that she needs to go to hospital to receive blood-donors but she said it’s normal. But I think it’s impossible to say that she’s fine. After she lost that much… but she insisted that she didn’t need to go to hospital… Is it strange, omma? Right???” he asked for an agreement. “Huh?? Why you’re laughing, appa??? Haraboji??? Omma???” he looks confused when his family were laughing hardly.

“Jongie… aigoo… my son is so innocent…” his mom said in the middle of laughing. She Jonghyun’s hairs so lovely. “Listen to me, Jongie. Yoona was right. It’s normal for woman if they lost so much bloods during the month period. No need to worry. It will became lesser and lesser until five days or a week…”

“Huh?” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. Still in disbelief face. “Are you sure omma? She will fine? No need to go to hospital?”

“Ddeh. Yoona will fine. Trust omma.” His mom smiled widely. “Now, you should take a shower first and we’ll have dinner together at our favorite restaurant since your grandfather wanted to eat there.”

“Arasseo. If you said so… then…” he finally nodded and went up to his room. After he entered his room, his Mom, along with his father and his grandfather laughed quietly again.

“Aigoo… look at your grandson, appa…” Jonghyun’s dad said while smiling so wide. “He’s so lovely innocent, right?”

“Ddeh, he is.” Jonghyun’s grandfather said while laughing. “He’s so cute and acted like a gentleman to Yoona at the same time. But Ha Ni, Nam Gyu, do you noticed something different about him…?”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun’s mom said while smiling. “It’s the first time he looks so worried about someone beside us, right appa?”

“And that someone… is a girl. Ddeh. I can see my son is entering a new part of life right now…” said Jonghyun’s Dad. “Seems like Yoona changed him little by little…”

 


 

The Next Day.

Oh? Where is she? That’s the first thought of Jonghyun when he entered the class in the morning and he noticed that the chair beside him is still empty. Usually Yoona always came to school earlier than him. He put his bag and walked out, ignored so many girls that always followed him every day since he just arrived at school. He was looking around when he saw Donghae and Yuri from afar. He approached them immediately. “Hyung!”

“Oh! Jonghyun-ah!” Donghae waved to Jonghyun.

“Where’s Yoongie?” Jonghyun asked straightly when he arrived in front of that couple.

Yuri smiled. “Yoongie couldn’t go to school today. Bad luck, she’s having a morning worst stomach’s cramp…”

“Stomach’s cramp?? Did she already go to hospital?”

Yuri and Donghae giggled. “Usually when woman was having her period, a stomach cramp is normal. No need to go to hospital.” Yuri explained. Jonghyun was about to say something when the schoolbell was ringing. He then just bid a farewell with Yuri and Donghae before he went to his class. It sounds so scary when woman was having her period… there’s so much things to worry...

 

 

 

“Jongie, do you want to go to Judo’s club? Let’s go together…” one of his friend on the same class asked him when the schooltime finally ended.

“Ah. Mian. But I have something urgent to do right now…” Jonghyun said and packed his things in a hurry. “Can you tell the president club that I’ll absent today?”

“Arasseo. I’ll tell the president club. He will understand.” His friend patted Jonghyun’s shoulder and left.

Jonghyun carried his bag and went straight to the parking area. In a minute, he already left the school and headed to someone’s home.

 

* * *

 

“Are you feeling better, Yoongie?” Yoona’s mom asked when Yoona came out from her room.

“Ddeh, omma. I guess it will cramp again at night. As usual…” Yoona replied while turning on the TV but suddenly she heard a familiar sound from outside. Seol ma… She turned off the TV and walked outside in a hurry, made her mom looks confused. See? I was right! She thought when she saw Jonghyun already stood in front of the fence, about to press the bell. She approached him and open the fence. “What are you doing here, Jongie?”

“Sunbae said that you’re having worst stomach’s cramp. And I decided to visit you. And you need this.” He offered his notebooks while entering the house. “There’s a homework and we must completed it for tomorrow, since you and I were in one group.”

“Cincca? Arasseo let’s do the homework! Gomapta Jongie!!” she said happily and received the books. “Take a sit first.”

“Is it still hurt?” Jonghyun asked as she and Yoona sat on the couch. “You’re having a stomach’s cramp not because you lost too much bloods yesterday, right?”

Yoona giggled. “Of course no. It’s an usual sickness when I was in my period.”

“Yoongie, who is it?” her Mom asked as she walked out from inside. “Oh? A boy?” she looks surprised since it’s the first time she saw a boy came to their home as Yoona’s guest.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Lee Jong Hyun imnida.” Jonghyun stood up and bowed to a beautiful woman, who is Yoona’s mom, politely.

“Omma, he’s my classmate.” Yoona introduced Jonghyun to her mom. “And a boy that I met ten years ago…”

“BWOH???? CINCCA????” Yoona’s mom looks very surprised. “The boy that you met at the park???” she asked in disbelief.

“Ddeh.”

“Maldo andawae… Daebak… Cincca daebak…” her mom still looks very surprised. “How did you met, then???”

“He’s a transferred student from Japan almost three weeks ago…” Yoona explained.

Yoona’s mom looked at Jonghyun when suddenly she realized something. “I’m sorry, Jonghyun ssi. Are you a son of Lee Nam Gyu and Lee Ha Ni? The CEO of Lee Corporation?”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun answered politely.

“OMO! So I was right! That’s why at first time, I was wondering where did I see you before because you looks so familier… It must be from the news…” she clapped. “Are you really a boy that met with Yoongie ten years ago??”

“Ddeh, omma. He is.” Yoona answered and looked at her mom.

“Arasseo. Arasseo.” Yoona’s mom looks undertand with the meaning of Yoona’s eyes. “Just talk you two, kids. I’ll continue to cook for lunch.” She grinned. “Jonghyun ssi, let’s have lunch together here.”

“Ddeh, Imo. Kamsahamnida.” Jonghyun nodded politely, made Yoona’s mom smiled happily before she’s back to the kitchen.

“Can you wait for a moment, Jongie? I have to take my notebook first then we can start to do the homework.” Yoona asked, and she entered her room after Jonghyun nodded.

 


 

Later…

“Jongie, I don’t understand this question…” Yoona pointed at one of question from the text book. They must answered fifty numbers of math’s questions and they decided to split it so it will be done faster.

Jonghyun stopped his writing and looked at the question that Yoona was asking. He took a paper and started to explain the step to Yoona. Soojung, who just back from school, even being ignored because they were totally focused into the homework. Yoona’s mom even brought the lunch to the living room for them because she didn’t want to disturb these two kids.

“Wae? Is it hurt again?” Jonghyun stopped the explanation when he saw Yoona was grimacing.

“Just a little. Don’t mind it, Jongie.” Yoona shook her head. “Let’s continue. There’s still many questions left…”

“You can rest. I’ll do this…”

“Andwae! Isn’t it our homework? We must do it together…”

“But seems like you’re about to faint anytime when you feel hurts…”

Yoona glared at him. “Yya! What do you mean by ‘faint anytime’???”

“You looks so pale…”

“Then does it mean I’ll faint whenever I looks so pale?” You even looks so pale than me because of your fairest white skin.

“No.” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Then why you’re saying like that????”

“No… I just said it…” Jonghyun scratched his hairs. “But why you kept talking with me with high pitched?”

“Because you said I can faint anytime!!”

“But you’re not. So why you kept that angry looks?”

“Because your words is annoying me!!”

“But I didn’t say something wrong…” Jonghyun looks confused.

“You did!!”

“What’s that?”

“You said that I can faint anytime!!”

“Huh? Is it the thing that made you angry??” Jonghyun looks disbelief.  What happened with her?? She suddenly angry out of blue… and even it’s not a reasonable thing to get angry…

“Ddeh!! It is!!”

“I don’t understand!!”

“You said it why you didn’t understand!!” Yoona kept talking with high pitched.

“Are you going crazy or something??” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“BWOH?? What are you saying?????” Yoona’s voice raised more.

“Because you suddenly angry without any reasons…”

“Who said there’s no reason??? Your words is the reason!!”

“Why you kept yelling???” Jonghyun became more confused. She’s not going crazy, right? Should I call the doctor right now for her? “And I just said that you can faint anytime and you suddenly angry with me… Isnt it strange?”

“You called me strange???????”

“No. I said your act is strange. Not you. What’s wrong with your sudden act?” he asked while looking around.

“What are you looking for???” Yoona asked.

“I’m afraid someone was injecting you with a virus or something like that , which made you turned like this…” Jonghyun mumbled.

“LEE JONG HYUN!!!”

“Imo, what’s wrong with her?” Jonghyun suddenly asked when Yoona’s mom go to check them because of the loud voice from Yoona. “She suddenly angry and yelled at me…”

“BWOH?? Omma! He’s the first who said something stupid!”

“See, Imo! She’s yelling again…”

“YYA! LEE JONG HYUN!!!”

Yoona’s mom held her laughter when she saw the childish fight between these two kids. “Jonghyun ssi, can you help me for a moment? Just for a moment. Rather than fighting like a child with Yoongie here?”

“Ddeh, Imo.” Jonghyun stood up immediately. “Because I’m afraid I’ll go crazy like her…” he mumbled but Yoona can heard it.

“YYA LEE JONG HYUN! BWORAGOH???”

“Imo what happened to her?” Jonghyun asked innocently to Yoona’s mom. “She’s not Yoongie. She’s an alien…” he said when he followed Yoona’s mom entered the kitchen.

Yoona’s mom chuckled. “You didn’t know why she turned like that?” she asked.

Jonghyun shook his head hopelessly. “There’s no reason, Imo. She just suddenly yelled continuously…”

“There is a reason, of course, Jonghyun ssi.”

 

 


 

annyeong guys ^^

well. sorry for my bad english. my bad story too T___T forgive me guys

please kindly to tell me if you have critics or suggests or feedbacks ^^ if u dont mind :))

WELCOME AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBERS, READERS, COMMENTS, UPVOTERS, AND ALL OF YOUU WHO SUPPORTED THIS STORY ^^

see u next chapt very soon guys ^^

once again i'm very sorry for this flat chapt