The Next Five Years

Things That Go Bump In The Night

~*YEAR 2008*~

*Stretch* Jun Hae turned over in her bed.  "If the sun isn't up why should I be?"  She complained.  Rolling over Jun Hae had only planned on closing her eyes for 10 more minutes.  "Yah Song Jun Hae!  Are you still sleeping? You're going to miss the bus again!"  Jun Hae's mother yelled from below.  Jun Hae groggily opened her eyes again, but this time she saw the sun which meant she was running late again.  "Aish!"  She said jumping out of bed with cat like reflexes.  Jun Hae ran down the stairs after grabbing the first thing she saw in her closet, grabbed a piece of toast from the table where her mother was staring at her frantic state, and left the house.

She managed to catch the bus right as it was getting ready to take off.  Of course just like any other school day her best friend Wonshik was there to about it.  "Shut up" Jun Hae said as she saw the big smirk on Wonshik's face.  "What?  I didn't say anything."  Jun Hae glared at her friend who was pretending to look through his music on his phone.  "Tsk..pabo-ah" Jun Hae whispered loud enough for only her friend's ears.  "Yah, just because you're older doesn't mean I have to take this verbal abuse."  He pouted and pretended to be mad.  Wonshik was about to change bus buddies when Jun Hae grabbed his hand and pulled him back into the bus seat.  "Mianhae Mianhae drama king."  The two were used to holding hands being so close to each other, so the rest of the trip Jun Hae held his hand and leaned on his shoulder while listening to a song he picked out.

When the bus pulled up to the school Wonshik and Jun Hae filed out like everyone else.  There was a strange feeling about the bus ride today that made Jun hae feel uneasy but she brushed it off as just being one of those days.  That is until Wonshik wouldn't let her part ways.  "Yah lets not go to class today."  He whispered to Jun Hae.  "MWO??!!"  Jun Hae's mind was now panicking a little bit.  "Wae?  What if we get caught?"  Jun Hae said.  "Yah right...we are at an American school, we could have a field day and no one would catch us."  Wonshik replied and with that he grabbed Jun Hae's wrists and they snuck off the campus.  "Ok naughty boy where are we going?"  Jun Hae asked.  "Anywhere you want."  Wonshik replied happily.  Jun Hae smiled.  They spent the whole day playing and having fun.  The day finally ended and it was time to go home.  Wonshik walked Jun Hae home, and before he left he gave her a huge bear hug.  Jun Hae welcomed the hug but was a little worried about the strange behavior of her friend.  "Yah Wonshik"  Jun Hae said still hugging her friend.  "Are you ok?"  Wonshik pulled back from the hug.  "Why wouldn't I be?" Wonshik asked.  "Molla...just...you seemed different today."  Jun Hae said quietly.  Wonshik smiled and pulled her into another reassuring hug.  Little did she know that hug would be the last hug she received from him and the last time she would see him for the next 5 years.

~*YEAR 2013*~

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* Jun Hae rolled over in her bed.  "Mr. Alarm clock you will meet my balcony one day."  she said as she clicked it off.  Just another day, another lame day.  Jun Hae thought to herself.  Pulling on her hoodie and jeans, she got ready for her first day as a college student.

~*FLASHBACK*~

"Song Jun Hae!" Time to get up it's finals week!!"  Her mother called out.  Jun Hae popped out of bed and got dressed.  "I wonder if Wonshik studied at all this weekend.  Knowing him he probably opened the book and passed out." She smirked to herself while finishing up her makeup.  "I'm leaving mom!"  Jun Hae called out as the bus pulled up.  Upon walking into the bus she scanned each seat looking for that familiar smile.  When she didn't see it she pouted, "Pabo-ah probably overslept."  The bus pulled up to the school and she walked to class to get some extra studying done.  The class slowly started to fill up with students, but none were the one that Jun Hae was looking for.  When the bell finally rang the finals began and through the whole week Wonshik didn't come.  Becoming worried Jun Hae decided to pay a visit to Wonshik's home.  Jun Hae rang the door bell and Wonshik's mother answered, "Oh Jun Hae what can I help you with?  She asked cheerfully.  "I was wondering why Wonshik hasn't been at school.  Is he sick?"  His mothers face dropped after hearing her question.  "He didn't tell you did he?" She sighed.  Jun Hae looked at her confused.  "Wonshik left for Korea last week.  He got accepted into a music company.  He won't be back for a while."

~*END OF FLASHBACK*~

Nothing had been the same since the end of that day.  Jun Hae had become cold and didn't want to talk to anyone.  She was mad at her best friend for leaving without a goodbye or even word of what was going on.  After graduation she moved out and applied to many schools around the U.S.  She got accepted to a bunch but settled down with a little school in Texas.  Upon entering the campus she saw a kid with bleach blonde hair and ran to him.  "WONSHIK-AH!" she yelled.  The student turned around ad she immediately let go.  "Oh sorry, you looked like an old friend."  The boy nodded and left.  It's going to be a long day today Jun Hae thought.  She pulled out her schedule and headed to class.  Since it was only the first day it went by quickly and she had nothing better to do the rest of the day so she decided to go home.  When she got back to her apartment Jun Hae stopped by the mailbox.  There was one letter in it sent from Jellyfish Entertainment.  "Who is this?"  She said to herself.  Jun Hae walked into her room and opened up the letter.  It read,

Jellyfish Entertainment would like to extend a personal invitation to miss Song Jun Hae to work at our company as an assistant.  As we continue to grow so does our staff.  We have noticed your high grades and interest in music.  Inside you'll find one one-way ticket to Korea.  If interested in this one in a lifetime opportunity we will meet up with you next week at Incheon Airport.  There you will have a ride to pick you up and take you to the company.  We will provide housing and accommodations for you and introduce you to the group you will be working with as well.  Hope to see you soon. 

SIGNED,

JELLYFISH ENTERTAINMENT

After reading the letter Jun Hae sat down on her bed.  "Korea?!"  She sighed to herself.  One hundred thoughts ran through her head.  If I go now, I leave school, but then again this is a once in a lifetime chance just like the letter says.  Plus Wonshik is somewhere out there and I would really like to hear why he didn't even want to say bye to his best friend.  "I accept!"  Jun Hae nodded to herself in the mirror across from the bed.  And with that Jun Hae left to drop her classes and pack her bags once again.

 


 

so what did you think of the first chapter.  It's a little slow, but now Jun Hae gets to go to Korea to work for Jellyfish!  :O I wonder what will happen when she meets this "new" group of hers.  SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, FRIEND ME!  I don't bite ;)