2

Consequences

Somewhere over on the other side of Busan.

''Kyungsoo, what are you watching?''

A semi-short boy with dark hair and naturally wide eyes spun around in his office chair to see his co-worker, Kim Jongdae, leaning over him.

''The news. Something happened in Seoul earlier today. Look.'' Kyungsoo handed Jongdae an earphone and the two watched as a reporter explained about the virus outbreak in Seoul.

''Dude, should we leave?''

''Why?" Kyungsoo asked in confusion.

''That's in Seoul. That's not far from here.''

''Jongdae, calm down. We're on the opposite side. If an outbreak happens in Seoul-side Busan, then we run like hell." Kyungsoo offered a happy smile before handing his co-worker a cup of luke-warm coffee.

"What's this?''

''We've got the rest of the night shift.'' Kyungsoo puffed up his cheeks before Jongdae nodded and sat down at his neighbouring chair.

''Boss man's coming.'' Someone walking through the main door announced loudly. There was silence as people went and tried to look like they were doing actual work. Jongdae opened up an IM chat with Kyungsoo as they both opened up the spreadsheets they were supposed to be altering. eyes flicked over to the entrance as the manager, Jun JaGin, walked in looking as stuck-up as usual. Kyungsoo heard a ping through his earphones so he flicked to his IM chat.

Chendae says; lol did he get fatter xD

Jongdae recieved a similar ping.

GengsooD___O says; you can't tell past all the makeup omf seriously you can't even tell he has a wife

Chendae says; you mean he's not gay

GengsooD___O says; dare you to go ask

Chendae says; how bout no

 

Kyungsoo stifled a laugh, quickly switching over to the spreadsheet as JaGin walked over.

''Mr Do, Mr Kim, working hard as ever I see.''

''We're nothing if not diligent.'' Jongdae said through gritted teeth, trying not to laugh.

''Yes sir, hard work.'' Kyungsoo nodded and pressed his lips together before typing something random into a new cell of the spreadsheet. JaGin nodded and walked away. As he did so, Kyungsoo recieved another IM.

 

Chendae says; waddle waddle waddle I found a vid of JaGin

Chendae has sent a video

 

Kyungsoo clicked the link, and a video of a very overweight duck waddling through a door played.

 

Kyungsoo burst out laughing, so much his chair fell over. Tears fell from his eyes yet he remained laughed. JaGin had already entered the lift and gone to the next level of the office building, and Jongdae was doubled over in his chair, losing his breath over chuckling. The two laughed like small, idiotic children before clearing their throats and returning to their places.

 

~Ping~

 

GengsooD___O says; lol

Chendae says; waddle waddle waddle ;)

 

Another uproar came from Kyungsoo before he coughed and had to take a sip of his coffee to stop choking.

''You okay?'' Jongdae grinned, sliding over in his chair. Kyungsoo nodded, a smile on his face.

''Yeah, Chen.''

''So, Squishy, what do you say we ditch the graveyard shift and go to a bar?'' Chen smirked. Kyungsoo puffed up his cheeks in annoyance.

''As long as you don't call me 'Squishy' while we're there.''

''Deal.'' Jongdae grinned.