7

Consequences

"Luhan, do you hear that?" Yixing held his hand out in front of his friends and the two stopped. A few seconds later, clear as day, they heard footsteps.

''. Hide.''

Luhan was pulled into a nearby alley by a now terrified Yixing. They waited patiently.

 

''Yeah, but it was terrifying. Auditions ."

"I know what you mean, Baek.''

 

''Hello?" Luhan stepped out of hiding to see two men walking down towards them. They stopped in their tracks.

''Are you... Well, human?" Baekhyun asked. Luhan nodded and pulled Yixing out of the alley. Joonmyun smiled and bowed alongside his companion.

''I'm Baekhyun, this is Suho.''

''I'm Luhan, this is Lay.''

''You guys going to the farthest side of Busan too?" Lay asked. Suho nodded.

''Do you wanna maybe walk together?" Baekhyun asked politely.

''Strength in numbers.'' Luhan smiled at Yixing sweetly until he agreed.

 

''So where are you guys from? You don't look Korean.'' Baekhyun asked a few minutes into the previously silent walk.

''We're from China. We came over for a holday thanks to this freaking genius.'' Luhan hit Yixing roughly, which earnt a scambled apology.

''What about you guys?" Xing asked.

''We grew up here.'' Suho smiled.

''He's rich. Grew up in Gangnam.'' Baekhyun chuckled.

''Shut up.'' Joonmyun rolled his eyes.

''I'm from Bucheon in the Gyeonggi Province.''

''We just came from Gangnam.'' Luhan said happily.

''Were there any other uninfecteds?" Suho asked hopefully but he already knew the answer.

''Sorry, we didn't see any.''

Joonmyun nodded and thanked Luhan for the truth as the four kept walking.

 

Ten minutes later, in the centre of Seoul-side Busan, there was a loud crash from a few metres in front of the group.

''What. Was. That?" Baekhyun asked, frozen in his tracks. Suho's eyes widened and Luhan and Lay looked around but saw nothing that could have given off a noise that loud. They were about to continue walking when Luhan tugged on Yixing's shirt.

''Gege...''

''What?"

"Down there.''

Luhan pointed to a dark alley just in time for a trash can lid to roll out onto the street the boys were walking down.

''We. Are going to turn around. Slowly and quietly. And take a different route.'' Said Yixing stiffly. Suho and Baekhyun muttered a small agreement and began to turn, Luhan and Yixing following their actions, as they could hear rustling coming from the alleyway. Their steps were soft, swift and wide. They almost made it to a right turn when Luhan almost trupped on a bottle. It spun around and made contact with shards of broken glass on the ground, causing a clatter of noise.

''I am so so so so so very sorry.'' The blonde boy winced shakily.

''Don't be sorry.'' Baekhyun responded.

''Guys, the... The sound...'' Yixing whimpered. ''It's stopped.''

Suho reluctantly turned back to look at the alley, and choked on his own breath as he did so.

''What is it?" Luhan asked.

''I think, we should, kind of run.'' Suho said, taking deep breaths that slowly became shorter and sharper.

''Why?" Baekhyun felt his hands tremble, he knew being pale-terrified wasn't an expression Joonmyun's face showed very often.

''Just... Run.'' Suho turned back and sprinted down the turn they were going to take, hastily followed by the three other boys. There was more crashing from behind them as various infecteds noticed them and began to follow.

''Hyung, I'm scared!" Baekhyun cried out.

''Just run!" Yelled Yixing, pushing both Luhan and Baekhyun in front of himself and Suho. They turned down another street and found an office building's lower floor had had all of the windows smashed.

''Go into there.'' Yixing said quickly. The boys complied and ran into the building, finding the stairs and sprinting up them as fast as their legs would allow. They reached the fourth floor and bolted through the door. Desks and computers were untouched and no one was in sight. They sprinted over to the middle of the room and took refuge under a set of desks. They sat there catching their breath before they listened for the dreaded footsteps that could possibly bring them death. Ten minutes passed and nothing could be heard.

''I vote we chill here for a while.'' Baekhyun laughed uneasily. The others agreed and Suho passed out bottles of water.

''You were prepared weren't you?" Luhan laughed.

''We were in like, the only uninfected part of Apgujeong. It'd be infected now but let's say we had time to pack.'' Joonmyun smiled.

 

''Hey, who are you?" A wide-eyed boy crawled out from under a desk near the group.

''Oh my god, Suho?" A taller boy followed.

''Jongdae? SooSoo?"