14

Consequences
"Come on, humor me." Chanyeol sighed. 
"I am in no mood to humor you. I've started a pandemic and sooner or later it's going to kill me."
"Oh shut up you old fusspot."
"What did you just call me?"
"I called you nothing. Just lets go to my friends work building and see if he's there."
"You have too many friends."
"Minseok, he's my only friend besides you, some other guy and my sister. My sister..." Chanyeol stared at the bathroom floor sadly. 
"She'll be fine. She moved to America remember?"
"I know that. I'm just worried..."
"Fine I'll go to your stupid friend's work."
"Oh Xiumin, people will think you're going soft!" Chanyeol grinned and the two worked up the guts to head out of the bathroom. Twenty deep breaths later, Minseok looked through the peephole. 
"Coast is clear." He whispered before the duo headed downstairs to the street below. 
"If we die, I hate you." Minseok glared at his friend. 
"If we die you can hate me." He nodded as they made their way to an abandoned building in Busan. 
"What kind of friend do you have?" Minseok hissed at the sight of broken windows. 
"No, no it didn't look like that last time I was here."
"I'm not ing going in there."
"Neither am I. What do you say we go back?" Chanyeol chuckled nervously. They turned around but froze. 
"Is that..."
"A zombie? Yep." 
"My dear Park Chanyeol, I would suggest ever so strongly that we run at this moment."
"I also ever so strongly suggest that but wait."
"Wait? Why?"
"Shh shh it hasn't seen us yet. Head up to the main street and turn left."
"Wh-"
"Do it." 
Minseok stepped in large quiet strides until he made it to the Main Street. He turned left before waiting at the corner. Chanyeol arrived soon after. 
"Go go, left left. My other friend, he lives here somewhere."
"What? Chanyeol we're going to die out here."
"No, no he has a weapons collection. If we make it to his apartment, we'll be safe." 
"Your deep voice and terror do not go well together." Xiumin sighed as they made their way to Chanyeol's mysterious friend's apartment. 
 
"It looks like someone smashed in that window." Minseok observed as they entered the foyer through the front sliding doors. 
"He lives up on floor 3, room 18." Chanyeol said in a hushed tone as they headed over to the stairs. 
"I'm too old for this."
"You're too old for everything." Chanyeol groaned in exasperation before they made it through to the third floor. 
"Room 18? That's all the way on the other side." 
"Shut up Xiumin." 
They walked both hastily and quietly down the dark hallway. 
"Why are there no lights on in anywhere but the foyer and stairwell?" Minseok frowned. 
"Maybe there are survivors!" Chanyeol said hopefully as the duo reached the door. His hope was diminished as Minseok scowled at the very thought. "Just a suggestion." He muttered. 
The older male pushed open the door gently. 
"If he's a collector, why is his door unlocked?" Xiumin scoffed. They walked inside and closed the door behind them before turning on the light switch. 
"AH- ew."
"Is that your friend?" 
"Er... Yeah. Damn." Chanyeol's lower lip twitched in sadness before he scanned the room with his dark eyes. 
"He had a collection of arrows here last time."
"Maybe he decided to display air."
The pair wandered down the hallway and into what Yeol remembered was called the 'Danger Room'. 
 
"It's gone. It's all gone." The taller boys mouth hung slack in dismay. 
"A whole weapons collection doesn't just walk away."
"Maybe the zombies got them?"
"I thought zombies were brainless"
"No, they just eat brains."
Minseok glared at Chanyeol who was waiting for a laugh at his terrible joke. 
"Sorry. Um. So. Now what?"
"Maybe stay here the night?"
"Night? It's 04:37 pm." Chanyeol muttered while looking at his watch. 
"We're not going to make it back before dark..."
"I see. Okay it sounds like a plan." Yeol nodded. 
Xiumin wandered around before finding the bedroom. 
"There's a spare bedroom around there." Chanyeol gestured once they both made some ramyun in the kitchen. 
"Okay I'll sleep there."
"The bed is more comfortable in the spare room I think."
"Sure sure. I'll be back soon."
"Wait where are you going?!" Chanyeol whimpered as Minseok made his way towards the front door. 
"I'm just going to sit in the stairwell to think. Get some sleep, Channie."
Chanyeol nodded and made his way to the bedroom, yawning as he did so. 
Xiumin shut the door behind him as he quietly ran to the stairwell through the darkened hallway. The light looked welcoming. 
'Hold on...' He thought to himself as he froze and took a few steps back. 
'Huh. Maybe the person who lives here forgot to turn off their lights before they left.'
 
Sitting in the stairwell, Minseok sighed and buried his face in his hands. 
 
'I don't know how I'm going to get Chanyeol through this. I'm not responsible. I'm not some kind of father or care taker or whatever. I'm not cut out for this.' He noticed his breaths came out shakily, sometimes with small whimpers. 
'I don't know how but I'll find us a way through this. We're medical professionals. We'll find a cure! ... Somehow.'