8

Consequences

"Minseok, are you listening?" Chanyeol waved his hands in front of his pale-faced roommate.

''W-what?"

"We have to get out of here."

"No.''

''What? What do you mean 'no'?" Chanyeol asked in confusion.

''Lock the door and the windows and close the curtains. I'll turn off the lights.''

''Wh-''

''Just do it.'' Minseok left and began flicking light switches. Chanyeol was shaking but did as he was told, locking windows and closing curtains. He deadbolted the front door and sat down on the couch one he'd finish. Minseok came back out and flicked off the lounge light before sitting next to his roommate.

''I'm scared, Seokkie.'' Chanyeol said worriedly.

''It'll be over soon.''

But Minseok knew deep down he was lieing.

''Hey, do you think Minzy is okay?"

"Really. You're thinking about your favourite girl band right now?" Minseok narrowed his eyes.

''They're people too.'' Chanyeol smiled.

''I know.''

''I'm hungry.''

''It's 3:00 in the morning. Why are you hungry?"

''Because it's 3 in the morning. Go make me food.'' Chanyeol chuckled jokingly.

''Go make it yourself. I made dinner last night.''

''And I made lunch and breakfast yesterday because you were too lazy. It's your turn.''

''Ugh. Stupid system.'' Minseok muttered as he trudhed his way in the dark towards the kitchen. He prepared two bowls of cereal and handed one to his roommate before sitting beside him and eating quietly.

''Hey, I have a question.'' Chanyeol said.

''But I'm eating.''

''But it's important.''

''No, Yeollie, I'm eating.'' Minseok said through his mouthful.

''But it's reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy important.'' Chanyeol whined.

''I don't care. I'm eating, I'm cold and it's 10 past 3 in the morning.''

''Please please please please plleeaaaaaaasssssseee?" Chanyeol begged.

''FINE! What do you want to ask?"

"Do you know the muffin man?" Chanyeol grinned.

''I'm going to murder you in your sleep, Park Chanyeol.'' Growled Minseok as he glared at his friend, who was laughing with his face scrunched upw ith is wide smile.

''You should have seen your face.'' He giggled.

'' 'You should have seen your face' ner ner ner. " Minseok mocked sarcastically before shovign a large spoonful of cereal into his mouth and chewing with a rather annoyed expression on his face.

''You luuurrrrvvvvvveeee meeeee.'' Chanyeol leant his head on Seok's shoulder and batted his eyelashes adorabley.

''No, I don't. Get off.'' Minseok scowled.

''Kim Minseok you love me. Admit it.''

''No, I don't.''

''Fine.'' Chanyeol said, getting annoyed, before he stood up and poured his bowl of cereal into Minseok's, causing it to overflow onto the latters lap. Dr Kim filled with rage as he glared up at Professor Park.

''You better freaking run.''

''Okay but only cause i have to pee.'' Chanyeol laughed wildly before running to the bathroom and locking the door behind him. Minseok grinded his teeth and placed the bowls on the bench and went to go change his clothes before cleaning the spilt cereal off of the floor and couch.

''You little .'' He groaned.

''Don't talk about yourself like that.'' Chanyeol grinned like a hyper child as he walked out.

''I thought you had t-''

''Stop.''

''What? Don't you talk to me li-''

''Shut up. I said stop.'' Chanyeol's eyes flicked towards the front door and MInseok froze, his head turning to see what had Chanyeol spooked.

''Wh-?"

''SHH!" yeollie stepped over quietly and looked through the peephole before quickly taking large yet quiet steps backwards. He retreated down the hallway, gesturing for Minseok to follow, who obliged swiftly. They slunk into the bathroom, the only place with a lockable door, and sat in the corner.

''What's out there?" Minseok whispered shakily.

''Like, three people walking around who look severely pissed and gross and just ew.''

''What?"

''I think they were debt collectors.''

Minseok's eyes narrowed as he glared at his roommate again.

''No, I mean I think they were debt collectors but now they're, well, infected.

''What?"

''We have zombies at out front door, man.''

''Yay.'' Minseok said flatly.

''Maybe they'll go away?"

"Let's just wait here until they do.''

Chanyeol nodded in agreement and sat down on the bathroom mat, playing with bits of stray fluff he found, whilst mInsoek looked for things he could use as a weapon if the time came.

''There's nothing violent in this goddamn bathroom.'' He muttered angrily.

''Isn't that a good thign?" Chanyeol looked up at his roommate.

''Not right now, it's not.''

''Try the scissors.''

''What scissors?"

"Right, you don't put them away, I do. The cabinet behind the mirror, top shelf.''

Minseok carefully opened the mirror and reached up to the top level and thanked Chanyeol when his fingers gripped around the handles of the scissors.

''And what are you going to do with those exactly?" Chanyeol scoffed.

''Beat the out of anyone who's infected and tries to attack us.''

''D'awwwwwwww you're so cute when you're mad.'' Chanyeol mocked softly, earning a smack on the head from Minseok.