11

Consequences

The window was just big enough for everyone to fit through, after kicked it open ("Thankyou Tao.'' Bri-chan had grinned.)

Suho climbed through followed by Lay, then Baekhyun, Kai, Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Bri-chan, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Kris. The foyer of the apartment block was abandoned and freezing cold.

''What floor?" Lay asked.

''3. It's number 12.''

The group trudged up the stairs and finally made it to the girl's floor. She fumbled for her key and was shaking as she tried to unlock her door. Sehun took the key from her trembling hands gently, finished the task for her and pushing the door open. The group went inside and sat down on various places in the lounge room. Sehun followed the girl as she walked into the kitcfhen.

''Are you okay?" He asked as she washed her face with tap water.

''What happens now? This isn't a natural disaster. Simply a disaster. It's not like we can sit here and wait for it to pass like a hurricane.'' 

She slid onto the bench and sighed, taking the bag off of her back and stretching her arms until she heard a crack before staring at the floor. Sehun placed his hands on either side of her and pressed his forehead to hers.

''We're going to get through this. I refuse to let anything happen to you. Judging from the way they treat you, no one in that room will either. We'll die for you, okay?" He smirked.

''You met me last night.'' Bri-chan scoffed.

''Best thing ever to happen.'' Sehun grinned.

He pulled away as Suho cleared his throat loudly.

''We're wondering if there are any weapons around.'' He muttered, an awkward under-tone in his voice.

''Um.. Well the manager of this palce has a stash of guns somewhere in the lobby.'' Bri-chan said quickly. She was feeling out of breath and her heart was racing.

''Okay, is it in a safe or something?"

"No, they're under the front desk in a box under the floor. The latch is quite visible.''

''Okay then. Lay, Baekhyun, Kris and myself will go get those. You keep everyone calm, alright?" Joonmyun said sternly. Bri-chan nodded and watched as he left. Sehun sighed, a pink flush on his cheeks.

''Thankyou.''

''For what?" He asked.

''Making me feel tons better.'' Bri-chan slid off the bench, stood on her toees and kissed the tall boy on the cheek before going into the lounge with the others. Sehun was somewhat frozen, blushing brightly before he followed quickly.

 

''Sehun, something happen?" Kai chuckled, seeing his stepbrother's cheeks were red with embarrassment.

''Shut up.''

 

''Bri-chan...?" Luhan asked softly.

''Yeah, Lu?"

"I was just... Um... I'm kind of bored, and tired.''

''Oh.. um.. Here.'' The girl passed him her iPod and her earphones. Luhan flashed a smile, said a happy 'Thankyou' in Chinese and hugged her tightly before curling up on the floor to listen to whatever music he clicked on.

A few minutes passed of quiet before Bri-chan asked ''Is anyone tired?" Sehun nodded, as did Kai and Luhan, then everyone else. 

''Alright, I'll be right back.'' The boys watched as she left and walked down the hallway.

 

''Sehun-ssi?"

"Yeah, Kyungsoo-hyung?"

"You really like her don't you?"

Sehun looked at the floor, blushing furiously.

 

A few minutes passed and Bri-chan came back.

''Come with me guys.'' She said to Luhan and Kai. The trio walked to the spare bedroom and Bri gestured to the spare beds.

''You guys can sleep in that bunk set there and I'll get Chen and SooSoo to sleep in that one. Tao can sleep on the floor there.'' She gestured to a sleeping bag on top of a foam matress. Kai and Luhan thanked her before curling up and trying to sleep. Bri-chan then went and convinced Tao, Jongdae and D.O to get some sleep. They eventually agreed and complied, leaving Sehun and Bri-chan alone.

''Are you going to sleep?" He asked.

"Come with me.'' She yawned. The two went into Bri-chan's own bedroom.

''Are you sure?"

"Just try and get some sleep.''

''I think Suho-hyung will try and kill me.''

''I won't let him. And besides, he's too timid to attack anyone.'' 

Sehun chuckled before sliding into her bed and falling asleep. Bri-chan set up a few more things before doing the same.

 

Twenty minutes later, Suho, Kris, Lay and Baekhyun made their way back into the apartment.

''It's so quiet.'' Baekhyun stated, as he placed two firearms he had carried down onto the coffee table. Kris, Lay and Suho did the same with theirs.

''Bri probably convinced them to sleep.'' Joonmyun muttered.

''What now?" Kris asked.

''We follow their lead. Nothing much will happen and I'm tired. I'll just check everything's locked.'' Suho abdent-mindedly wandered away, checking windows and doors. Lay gestured for Jiaheng and Baekhyun to go down the hallway whilst he helped Suho. Baek and WuFan noticed the door on the far left of the hallway was wide open, and walked in to noticed two sets of bunk beds. Before she'd gone to sleep, Bri-chan had put the boys' bags onto separate beds so they'd know where to sleep when they got back, if they decided to sleep.

''She's very kind.'' Kris thought out-loud quietly. Baekhyun sighed in both happiness and exasperation.

''She used to be somewhat anti-social. She never told me what, but something really bad happened to her. She said she'd only ever told one person, and I think it was Joonmyun-hyung. I don't pry into her business but maybe one day she'll warm up to me.'' He trudged over to the bed without a backpack on it, as his was probably being ripped apart back on an Apgujeong track.

''Wait, you don't notice?" Kris listed himself up to his own bed.

''Notice what?" 

"She doesn't move towards Suho, she moves towards you.''

 

This thoguth ran through BAekhyun's head, leaving an awkward silence. He nodded and Kris smiled before rolling over and yawning, Baek exhaled softly and sat up, his hands shoved into his pocket to find a polaroid he thought he'd left back in his hide-away subway station corner. It was old, back from when Bri-chan first moved ocer. Baekhyun slid it out of his pocket and looked at it, remembering when it had been taken.

 

#FlashBack#

 

"Baekkie, please? One picture.'' The girl pouted.

''Go ask Suho.'' He chuckled, pushing her shoulder playfully.

''I already did and he actually said yes you meanie. Now just smile.''

Baekhyun gave in and , grinning widely as she took the picture. He watched as the photo came out from the end of the camera and eventually the photograph developed. The girl smiled and handed it to him.

''What's this for?" He smirked.

''Being nice to me and helping take care of me. I'm a nuisance, I know and it's not your job to look after me so I thank you for that.'' She smiled sweetly before going back to Suho, who was on the other side of the supermarket. Baekhyun laughed to himself before scrawling 'Bri+Baek 2013' in messy hangul along the bottom, even though she wasn't in the picture.

 

#FlashFoward#

 

"What's that?"

"Oh.. Suho.. It's just a picture.''

"Can I see?" The older male sat down next to Baekhyun with a polite smile on his pale face. He handed the Polaroid over and watched as his companion's smile grew into a grin.

''Snap. I win.'' he pulled out a similar polaroid that was taken during roughly the same hour of Bri-chan and himself, with 'Thankyou Joonmyunnie' along the bottom in Bri-chan's hangul, with a heart on the front, followed by a date in the corner.

''Cute.'' Baekhyun laughed, taking his picture back.

 

"Just wondering, Baek..''

''Yeah?"

"What happens wh-... If she gets hurt.. Or if sh-''

"Say it and I'll freaking hit you. Don't. Go. There.''

Suho nodded.

''Goodnight, get some sleep.'' He retreated to his own bed and soon everyone in the apartment was sound asleep.