10

Consequences

"Kris, what do you mean we can't leave the hotel room?"

''ZiTao, calm down. Go back to sleep.''

"No.''

''You stubborn child.'' Jiaheng mumbled to himself as he rolled his eyes.

''Well this 'stubborn child' wants to know what's going on!"

Kris took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

''There's something bad happening and I think we should stay inside. And be quiet.''

''What kind of bad, Yifan?" Tao knitted his eyenrows as he stood up from his bed and walked next to his friend.

''Bad bad.'' WuFan shook his head and checked the entry points of the room were locked. The two sat on Tao's bed, the room lit by the overhead light fixture.

''Is there anything to eat in the fridge?" Tao asked after 10 minutes of silence.

''Huh... 5:30 in the morning and you're thinking about food. I'll look.'' Kris groaned as he forced himself up and over to the mini-fridge in the corner. The door swung open to reveal a few cartons of milk, some alcohol and the list of prices.

''Well there's nothing here but I brought some ramyun just in case. Check my backpack.''

ZiTao nodded and ped the black bag on the bed, grinning when two packets of spicy ramyun were on the top. He grabbed them out and threw them to Kris' outstretched hands, who placed the packets on the small kitchen bench next to the cheap-looking jug that was beginning to heat up.

 

-20 minutes later-

 

''That could've been worse, yeah?"  Jiaheng offered a kind smile.

''That looks so forced.'' Tao scoffed.

''Oh hush.'' The taller boy's expression fell back into his usual straight face.

 

''Do you think my parents know about what's happening here?" Tao asked quietly. There was a slight silence before Wufan's response.

 

''If they do, they know I'll be taking care of you. I promised.''

 

ZiTao yawned, rubbed his eyes and layed down on the bed.

''Thankyou.''

The younger boy eventually fell asleep, simply because he knew Kris would care for and watch over him whilst he rested.

A few hours passed until there was a faint knock on the door. It was ignored at first.

'It's just the wind.' Jiaheng thought.

 

Then he remembered they were on the second floor of an enclosed hotel. He jumped up and tapped Tao gently before walking to the door. The knocking occurred for a third time before the elder male looked through the peephole. He was shocked to see a blonde girl, stressed and standing with her hand ready to knock for a fourth time. Tao, stubborn and innocent as he was, quickly unlocked and opened the door.

''Hello?" He said politely.

''You're actually people? Sweet! I'm Bri-chan. I saw your light on from outside and just wanted to check.''

''Wait, what do you mean 'people'?'' YiFan asked.

''You don't know? Everywhere, well pretty much everywhere is infected with this virus thing so me and a few others are trying to get to my apartment block cause it had a sturdy basement, an-''

''Can we come with you?'' 

''Tao.'' Kris muttered in a concerned tone.

''I'll just get Joonmyun, but of course. Just wait here for a minute.'' Bri-chan smiled and left. As she walked away, ZiTao grabbed his backpack and handed Kris' to him.

''We don't know this girl, Huang ZiTao.''

''I didn't know you.''

''Ye-.... Bu-....'' Jiaheng sighed and the two waited until the girl came back with a dark-haired male.

''Hello, I'm Suho.'' The guy said flatly.

''Kris, and this is Tao.''

''Understand this gentlemen, if you wish to come with us, I have no reason to say no, but you need to be prepared to run. And fight.'' Suho smiled slightly before going down the stairs silently.

''Follow me. He's not really in the mood to be as warm and inviting as he usually is.''

Tao and Kris nodded before walking behind Bri-chan quietly. They reached the hotel's kitchen to see a large-ish group of guys raiding the fridges.

''Jongdae, this is Tao and Kris.''

''Oooh new additions? Call me Chen.''

Jongdae recieved a short bow from the two newcomers before Suho announced they were ready to make their way to Bri-chan's apartment.

 

The group got to the street, deciding to risk not following the internal tracks.

''I'm sorry, I'm just so over being attacked in a one way area.'' Luhan sighed. Baekhyun nodded to show his agreement.

Kris and Tao walked hastily and quietly on either side of Bri-chan, only spoking when she did.

 

''That's Kai, and Baekhyun, Luhan, Lay, Kyungsoo and Sehun. Kyungsoo likes to be called D.O though.''

''You say Suho is usually warm and inviting?" Kris mumbled.

''Of course. It's just we've all been sort of... stressed I guess.''

''But you're lovely.'' Tao said.

''Aww thankyou. I'm just better at dealing with this then they are.''

''How?''

''Too many zombie apocolypse films.'' The girl smirked before the group froze to a halt.

 

''What is it?" Lay, at the back of the group, asked. Sehun very slowly moved to be back with Bri-chan in the middle.

''Reroute.' Hissed Suho under his breath. The group understood and turned around, making their way down a dark alley on their left. At the end of the alley was around 9 milk crates and an exceedingly high brick wall.

''Kai, you first.'' Lay said softly. Jongin nodded and heaved himself up onto the top of the wall using the crates that were now stacked in a stairwell kind of fashion. Luhan followed, thanking Kai when he helped him up. Jongin jumped down to the other side and Luhan helped Lay make his way up. This process continued silently. Lay helped Suho, who helped Baekhyun, who helped Kris, who helped Tao, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Sehun and finally Bri-chan.

The street the group had ventured into looked rather run-down and littered with glass and dirt.

''Just down here, there's a window leading to the foyer.'' Bri-chan said softly as the group followed her lead down the ragged road.