17

Consequences
"Chanyeol I can't let them know I started this."
"Xiumin, what? It's 4:00 in the morning..." Yeol muttered drowsily. 
"I know. But we have a chance to get away from everything with them."
"Them?"
"The couple and the father."
"You think the girl and the blonde boy are a couple? You're such a bad judge of character." Channie shook his head in dismay. 
"They act like it. Anyway don't bring up the fact that we're doctors."
"Why not? They might like us better."
"They'll like you.They won't like me." Minseok scoffed. 
"Why not?"
"Old man starts zombie apocolypse."
"Well you are old."
"Shut up."
"Okay okay just do this one thing for me."
"I won't mention it unless they ask who started it."
"They won't ask."
"I break under pressure. What if they start talking about finding a cure?"
"Don't go 'oh yeah by the way Xiumin might be able to find one cause he started it all'."
"Why would I say that?"
"Cause you're dumb."
"Ha ha very funny. I'm going to go have breakfast with them so you know where I'll be."
"Yeah yeah just be careful you don't insult that Bri-chan whatever or you might get attacked."
Chanyeol shook his head as he left, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he knocked on the door of apartment 12. 
 
"Oh hello who's this?" 
"Maybe it's Xiumin!" A voice yelled from the back of the apartment. 
"No it's Chanyeol. Hey. This is Lay."
"I thought it was just you, Baekhyun and Bri-chan?" Chanyeol questioned as he wandered inside while Lay shut the door.
"So how many people are he-..." Chanyeol froze mid sentence at the sight of around 6 other boys in the lounge. Bri-chan walked out happily to see Chanyeol standing tall and shocked. 
"Chanyeol!"
"Hey."
"Did you come for breakfast? We haven't started cooking yet so you can go get Xiumin if you would like."
"You're too kind."
"We established that the other day." Baekhyun laughed, causing everyone to look at Tao who smiled slightly. 
"Go get Xiumin and we'll introduce everyone."
"Okay." 
 
Kyungsoo trudged into the kitchen, currently not awake. 
"SooSoo, go back to bed." The girl said softly. 
"Ha not the first time you've said that, just different wording."
"Oh my god stop bringing it up where Suho could hear you. Now go back to bed, please."
"You're such a leader." Kyungsoo yawned and dragged himself back into the spare room. 
"Lay-ssi can you come help me make breakfast?"
"Another friend building excersize?" He joked as he pulled himself up from the chair he had been sitting in.
"Excuse me I thought we already were friends."
"We are, oh my god, I was joking." 
"Yeah yeah. Come on. I'm hopeless in my own kitchen."
The two wandered into the kitchen, where Lay began to pull assorted food from the fridge and pantry. Making no attempt to contribute, Bri-chan pulled herself onto the bench and watched as Lay rushed around the kitchen. 
Once food was beginning to cook, the front door opened again, and Bri-chan quickly ran out to see Chanyeol walk in with Xiumin following close behind. 
"Hey Xiumin!" The girl grinned. 
"Oh hello. Nice to see you again."
"Feel free to sit anywhere."
Minseok nodded and quietly sat down on a chair as Chanyeol walked over to Bri-chan. 
"So introductions?" He grinned. 
"I'll go wake the other boys up in a little while."
 
About ten minutes later, the entire group was now sitting in the lounge, except Lay who was making breakfast. 
"Okay guys this is Chanyeol and Xiumin."
"Hello." The two boys bowed. 
 
"I'm Tao."
"Kris."
"Lu Han."
"Kai."
"Chen."
"D.O."
"Baekhyun, we met."
"Joonmyun."
"I'm Sehun."
 
"Yaaay introductions complete. Sort of."
"Sort of?" Chanyeol questioned. 
"Lay." She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen, who was followed by Xiumin. 
"Lay-ssi~" She sung sweetly. 
"Mm? Oh, new people."
"This is Chanyeol and that's Xiumin."
"It's nice to meet you." They said happily. 
"You too. Now pull your weight and take these out to people." Yixing grinned, handing bowls to the boys. Bri-chan took two aswell and handed them to Baekhyun and Sehun. 
 
Once everyone had eaten, Bri-chan was washing the dishes in the sink. 
 
"Need some help?"
"Yeah, thanks Sehunnie."
The two finished the dishes and sat on the kitchen bench whilst the other boys were in the lounge talking with Xiumin and Chanyeol. 
 
"Can I ask you something?"
"Anything, Sehun-ah."
 
"Forgive me for eavesdropping but did something happen between you and Kyungsoo-hyung?"
 
Bri-chan pursed her lips and her brain worked drastically to change the subject. 
 
"So zombie apocolypse huh?"
 
"No."
"No what?"
"No that's not the answer I need."
"You don't 'need' an answer though."
"I do. Because I like you."
'Well that doesn't make any sense.' His brain yelled at him sarcastically. 
Bri-chan didn't know what to say. She wanted to yell at him for eavesdropping but kiss him at the same time. 
"I like you too. Doesn't really give you an excuse for eavesdropping though."
She kissed his cheek and went into the lounge, grabbing D.O and dragging him into the kitchen. 
"What's going on?" He asked. 
"Sehun wants to know what happened between us and I don't have the heart to say it."
"How the hell does he know?"
"We're not exactly quiet when we talk."
Kyungsoo pressed his lips together as both him and Sehun watched as she walked away and sat next to Baekhyun in the lounge. 
 
"Honestly I don't think you want to know." Kyungsoo said quietly. 
"Just tell me if you still have feelings for her."
"Of course I do."
 
Sehun watched as the edges of D.O's eyes turned red and his lower lip trembled. 
 
"But Suho wouldn't approve of us. One time I was half joking and I said 'What if I went out with Bri-chan?' And the look on his face was so angry... Or irritated. But when he sees the two of you together it's like he's proud or something. I broke up with her, if you can call it that, because I didn't want her and hyung to get into a fight."
 
"Why would they fight?"
"I've known Suho for years. Since before he adopted her so he sees me as some sort of authority figure for her."
"I still don't understand."
"Don't understand what?"
"What happened between you and her."
"We had a thing. Just a ... Meaningless thing."
 
"MEANINGLESS?! DO KYUNGSOO, MEANINGLESS IS WHAT YOU CALL IT?!" Bri-chan had walked in halfway during their conversation.
"MEANINGLESS TO YOU, NOT ME." He shouted at Bri-chan. 
"On what PLANET was our thing MEANINGLESS?!" She whimpered. 
 
"What's going on?" Baekhyun walked in and said worriedly.
"Nothing." Kyungsoo said sharply. 
"No, not nothing." Sehun sighed. 
"Sorry." Bri-chan looked at her shoes sadly. 
"I know. I'm sorry too." The tears in Kyungsoo's eyes were threatening to flow with every breath. 
"Maybe you two should go talk in another room or something."
"Sounds good." Kyungsoo tried to smile but as he looked up he realized Bri-chan was trembling. 
 
The two went into her bedroom and sat down on the bed. The door swung closed just as Kyungsoo burst into tears. 
"Please don't." She winced. 
"I'm sorry but its not fair."
"I didn't tell you to end it. You brought it on yourself with your fear of Joonmyun's wrath, or whatever."
"Joonmyun never knew."
"You said you told him."
"I said I tried to tell him. Then his face got all... Kill-ey."
"That's not a word."
"What is it with you always correcting me when I'm gramatically incorrect?"
"Habit." She sighed. 
 
"Maybe we should tell him."
"Maybe we should not." She glared at D.O. 
"It's not like it should affect him, I mean its... Over, right?" Kyungsoo left and came back bout 30 seconds later with Suho. 
 
"What's up?"
"Kyungsoo wants to tell you something."
"He said you needed to tell me something." Joonmyun said in confusion. 
"I'm not saying it." She said through gritted teeth. 
 
Out in the lounge, Sehun fell heavily into the chair next to Kai. 
"Jongin-ah, love hurts."
"Oooh it's love now? I'm so proud of you, Sehunnie." 
 
"Sehun, what's wro-" Lay started. 
 
"I SWEAR TO GOD WHY DON'T YOU KEEP MORE SECRETS FROM ME, I'M SURE THAT WOULD HELP."
 
"Was that Suho?" Xiumin froze in shock, as did the rest of the group except for Baekhyun. 
"Yep, that was Suho's yelling voice." He sighed and sunk into the chair he was sitting in. 'I wonder what happened.'
 
"Seems BriSoo got spilt." Sehun sighed. 
"Wait what?" Baekhyun choked on the drink of water he had. 
"Oops." Sehun placed his hand over his mouth as Suho stormed out of the room at the end of the hall and left the apartment. 
 
"Bloody idiot." Bri-chan ran after him quickly. 
 
"Where are th- why- what happened?" Chanyeol stammered. Kyungsoo walked sheepishly out into the lounge. 
"What happened, Kyunggie?" Chen asked. 
 
"Yeah, um, don't ever tell Suho you once went out with Bri-chan."
 
"What the actual , man. That's like, the ONE thing you NEVER tell Suho."
 
"Wait, you knew?" D.O stared at Chen with wide eyes. 
 
"Duh. You weren't exactly subtle."
 
Baekhyun was staring in shock at Kyungsoo. 
 
"Are you okay?" Jongin asked quietly to Sehun, who had gone silent, looking at his shoes. 
 
"Sehun."
 
"Sehun-ah..." 
 
"Sehunnie?"
 
The attempts of Lay, Luhan and Kai did not work. 
 
"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo said quietly before going into the kitchen and sitting on the cold tiled floor. 
 
"Sehun-ah, no matter what happened between them she likes you." Baekhyun stated, trying to help. It was only then that they all realized Sehun was crying. 
 
 
Out in the hallway, Joonmyun punched the wall as hard as he could before leaning against it and sliding down onto the carpet. 
"Joonmyunnie..."
"Don't."
"Suho..."
"I'm not kidding."
 
"Appa, please."
 
Bri-chan sat down in front of him and held his hands tightly. He did not reciprocate this action. 
 
"I just... Didn't think you'd keep secrets from me.."
"Honestly you never really asked."
Joonmyun thought about this for a while. 
"Then I guess I shouldn't be getting angry. It's just..." He sighed. "Stay with Sehun, okay?" 
"What? It's not like Kyungsoo and I are still happening."
"Sehun likes you a lot okay."
"What the hell, I know."
"Do you really?"
"We stalked eachother for about two months. I think I really know."
"You did what for two months?"
"Why do you think I spent all my time at a bar with DaeDae and D.O?" She laughed before dragging him back to the apartment. 
 
"All sorted?" Baekhyun asked as the father-daughter duo walked back in. They nodded. 
"Where's Sehunnie?" Bri-chan pouted. 
"He's in your room." Chen said softly. 
Bri-chan ran over and opened the door. 
"Sehun-ah..."
"Wait." He wiped his face with the sleeves of his jacket before looking at her. She shut the door and sat next to him. 
"I'm sorry."
"People need to stop telling me that."
"Oh... Um... I'm not sorry?" She smiled awkwardly. 
"Yeah I never know how to reply to that either.." He said sadly. 
"Sehun. Look at me."
"Yes?" 
Bri-chan said nothing, biting her lower lip while she looked at him. 
"What?"
"Nothing. I just like looking at you." She laughed. 
 
By this time, Kai had silently opened the door and half of the group was now eavesdropping. 
 
"I really like you Sehunnie." She smiled. 
"I really like you too."
She sighed. 
"What's wrong?"
"You know what's not cool? I finally meet you properly and some asshat starts the zombie apocolypse."
 
Xiumin, who was also eavesdropping, swallowed hard. 
 
"How dare they." 
 
'KISS HER YOU .' Jongin yelled at his step-brother in his head. 
'Oh my god really, take a hint Sehun' Chen rolled his eyes. 
'This is adorable oh my god.' Chanyeol was grinning. 
'Wow is he always this stupid? KISS HER!!!' Luhan thought as he glared. 
 
Suddenly Bri-chan grabbed the front of Sehun's shirt and pulled him to her until their lips locked roughly. 
 
"YES!" Jongin yelled in excitement, before being hit by all the other eavesdroppers prior to their running away. 
 
"Stupid Kai." Sehun said breathlessly. 
"Goddammit Kim Jongin." Bri-chan hung her head as her face flushed bright red. 
 
"When it ends I'm going to be with you forever."
"When what ends?"
"This zombie crisis. Because nothing can stop me from being with you."
"I kind of want to thank the dude who started it now."
Sehun shook his head as he laughed before kissing her quickly and leaving the room to punch Kai, Bri-chan following. 
 
"Oh hey look a couple."
"Where?"
"There!"
 
"Oh shut up." Bri-chan grinned at Kai and Baekhyun. 
 
"So um, not to ruin the mood or whatever, but we're running out of food. Again." Lay stated. 
 
"We could go to the supermarket..." Luhan suggested. 
"Yeah no, you threw all the food apart remember?" Bri laughed. 
 
"Isn't there a bakery and a dairy about twenty minutes away?" D.O asked. 
"Yeah. Sounds about right."
"Do we wanna risk that?" D.O winced. 
"Do you wanna eat?" The girl laughed. 
 
"How about Bri, Lay, Kris, Tao, Chen, you go to there, the rest of us will scope out the basement, see what we can do." Suho said firmly. 
"Can we help somehow?" Xiumin asked. 
 
"Chanyeol, come with us!" Bri grinned. He nodded and followed the group into the dining room where all the weapons had been placed. 
'Oh so that's where the collection went.' 
"So... Grab a gun. Heh." Kris smirked. 
 
The group armed themselves before heading down the stairwell. 
 
"So do you know where we're heading?" Chen asked before they stepped out into the street. Bri nodded, taking the lead as Tao over-shadowed her again. 
 
The sun was beginning to rise, it was around 5:32 in the morning. 
Kris, Chen and Lay stood at the back, Chanyeol, Tao and Bri in the front. 
 
"I'm scared." Chanyeol admitted as they got past the first street. 
"I got your back." Bri-chan punched his shoulder playfully before they sneaked alongside the buildings. They decided this was smarter than walking through the streets without cover. 
 
"Kris, Lay, Chen, go down there and follow my directions okay? Channie, Tao, that way."
"What about you?" Lay asked, worry masked by confusion. 
"Don't worry. Just do it."
 
The group went their somewhat separate ways and Bri-chan fixed her grip on the crossbow, climbing up the fire escape of a 5 storey building. 
'You better know what you're doing.' Lay thought with an inaudible sigh as he followed her instructions.