Epilog

Cosa Nostra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A young woman is walking into the cemetery while holding a bouquet of flower in her hand. Even if she is at the most mournful place, her face didn’t show any of it. She’s calmly walk between the tombs of her ancestor, since that place is her family cemetery, until she stops at the certain tomb before place the flower and sits beside it.

“Hey Dad, it’s been awhile, isn’t it?” she says while leaning her back to the tomb stone. A small smile forms on her lips when she unconsciously remembers how a daddy’s girl she was and how he always spoiled her.

“It’s been 13years after the last time I was here, and 15years after you left us” a sigh slips out from her while staring at the blue sky. She can feel the calmness of the place when she closes her eyes, no wonder her family choose this place as their last resting place.

“You know, I was mad at you. I don’t understand why you did that. I was furious because you destroyed all the perfect things that we had. I didn’t understand why you should ruin all the things, especially, you ruined our family.  ” she remembers how her 5-year-old self acted like a crazy girl whenever they visited her to her father’s grave. Because her sudden change behavior, Taeyeon brought her to US along with his family. Not that she never came back to Korea, but every time she did, she just visited her mother.

“But I think I understand it now. I understand after I took your position in the family. I understand that you didn’t destroy our family, but you protected us, with your own life” a lone tear cascades from her still closed eyes.

The scene of the tragic event is playing in her mind. She still remember the time when her father smiles to her before his last breath, when his father’s men came and fire their bullet to rescued them, when her mother picked up the gun and started to fire like a mad person, when her mother’s cold eyes  stared at the man who was showe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter