Chapter27

Cosa Nostra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The night was a long night for the Im, especially for Jessica. It was one of the most terrifying nights in her life. She cannot sleep although her body already screaming for rest and her red blood shot eyes already gives out from falling any of tears, leaving a pair of puffy eyes of hers.

 

But when the doctor said she already could come inside the ward, she broke in tears once again upon seeing his unconscious body lay on the bed. Thought there’s no serious injuries, he still covered with bruises and his head is wrapped with bandage.

 

“He’ll recover soon. Don’t worry; he’s just sleeping because of the drug. Let him rest and he’ll wake up soon” the doctor reassures the crying woman before left the ward. Yul and Sunny stay with her, silently leaving her when they think she needs time with her sleeping husband.

 

She takes his hand in hers before kiss the back of his palm, tears still cannot stop pouring from her brown eyes. The fear of losing him is still lingering in her mind and heart, the pain in her chest when she heard about the crash still fresh in her memory, and the tension she felt when she was waiting the operation hasn’t leaving her.

 

She still cannot say anything, only her sobs and the steady sound of his breath that makes her believe that he’s still there with her. Head hang down and place her forehead on the back of his hand. She didn’t know how long she did that until a hand brushes her hair from behind, making her look up in shock.

 

“Yoong!!” she throws herself to the man who’s sadly smile to her. “Thank God you’re awake. Thank God. Thank you” she buries her face on his neck and make him wet because of her tears.

 

“Sshhhh I’m here, Sica. Don’t cry anymore. I’m here” he caress her back to calm her down before gently push her to cups her face with his palms. “I’m still here with you, Sica. And I’m sorry I made you worry” he sincerely says to her which earns a slight nod from her.

 

“Just please, really really please, Yoong, don’t you ever do it again” she press their forehead together and close her eyes. “You have no idea how I felt. I don’t think I could handle it if it would happen again” she nuzzles her nose to his, feeling his warm breath on her lips. “You surely be the death of me, Yoong”.

 

“I’m sorry, Sica. I really am” he hugs her by her waist while returned by her hugging his neck. Having him in her arms is the most needed thing for her right now, to make sure that he didn’t left her. The hug doesn’t last really long since they broke it because of the shocking loud voice from the outside.

 

“Daddy!!” a yell is heard after the little girl opened the door of the ward and followed by Yul who’s tailing behind her wearing a worried but relieve expression on his face. A smile is creeping up on his face when seeing his daughter running toward the bed he is on before jump to hug him which he returns it gladly.

 

“Daddy, are you okay?? Are you hurt? Are-“

 

“I’m okay, princess. Nothing to be worried” he stops the ranting of his daughter while smiling to her before put her down.

 

“Now, how’s about you checking out the garden in the back? I heard that one is beautiful and a big one too, I bet you’ll love that. Just take Mommy with you, okay? I need to talk to your Uncle Yul. Alright?” he says to the girl before turning to his wife to give her a meaningful stare and squeeze her hand gently which she understand.

 

The both of girls left the silence room with the boys behind, and when they left, the atmosphere is changing drastically. There’s no smile, there’s no more warm feeling in the ward, only the serious and deathly glare in Yoong’s eyes. He stares to the window where the garden situated while the older one has a serious face, waiting for the word from the boss. Yul knew it will be really serious when Yoong sent the other two out just to has a conversation with him. He knew th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter