Chapter 14

Umma, Saranghaeyo...

Jessica lead Tiffany out of her room and to the living room.

 

"Let's watch a movie." she says before taking a seat on the sofa and when she felt that no one was sitting beisde her, she looked up at Tiffany who was standing by the hallway. "Come here, Tiffany." said Jessica as she pats the spot beside her with her hand.

 

Tiffany shyly walked over and sat down beside Jessica.

 

"So what do you want to watch?" asked Jessica.

 

"It doesn't really matter.. you can decide, Mrs. Kwon." said Tiffany.

 

"Let's watch Frozen." Jessica suggested as she logs into her netflix account and plays Frozen.

 

As the movie started, no one said anything.

 

They just watched the movie in silence.

 

Tiffany was amazed to watch her very first animated movie. Although, Tiffany's father was a coach at school, they're family wasn't very wealthy so Tiffany decided not to be greedy and spend too much money. That's one of the reason why Tiffany has never watched frozen because she doesn't really watch movies. She spends most of her time playing basketball with her friends and father. Tiffany decided to spend her money on college and luckily she got a scholarship,

 

Jessica on the other hand could afford anything she wanted. She usually spent all her time watching movies with her children on her days off especially the newer ones because being rich and knowing other rich businessmen, her family were given the rights to buy movies before they even come out to theaters.

 

Jessica noticed how Tiffany was so focused on the movie.

 

"Have you seen this movie before?" Jessica asked.

 

Tiffany shook her head. 

 

"I don't usually watch movies.." said Tiffany, honestly.

 

"Why not? Don't tennagers your age usually watch t.v. or go on dates to the theaters?" asked Jessica.

 

Tiffany looks down at her lap.

 

"I don't really watch t.v. or movies in general and I never dated before." she says.

 

"Why not? Your father doesn't allow you?"

 

"It's not that he doesn't let me. It's because I'm not interested in that yet. All my life, I've wanted to play basketball and be the best at it. That's why I practice everyday with my dad and... I try not to spend money because I need it for my education.." said Tiffany embarrassed.

 

Jessica didn't know what to say.

 

"And sometimes I feel bad for my dad because he's spending all of his money on me.."

 

"What's his occupation?" asked Jessica.

 

"He's a school's basketball coach." said Tiffany.

 

"I see." said Jessica. 

 

"Well, you're allowed to come here and watch any movie you want from now on." said Jessica, smiling at Tiffany.

 

"That's okay." Tiffany declined. She didn't want to be a bother.

 

"I insist. It's also getting pretty lonely around here. The kids are never home and my husband is always on a business trip so please do come over more often." said Jessica. This was partly true but she had other reasons why she insisted that Tiffany should come over more often and that was because she wanted to spend more time with her daughter and get to know her. Also, she felt that as Tiffany's mother and not being there for here and seeing her grow up, Jessica wanted to start doing something for Tiffany. She wanted to act like Tiffany's mother even if she had to do it quietly without the latter knowing.

 

"Let me think about it, Mrs. Kwon." said Tiffany.

 

"Just say yes." said Jessica.

 

"But I---" 

 

"No buts, just say yes."

 

*sighs* "Okay." said Tiffany then Jessica smiled feeling proud of herself.

 

They went back to watching the movie and soon, the movie was over and Yoong and Krystal came back home.

 

"Mommy!!" Krystal jumped onto her mother who smiled and hugged her daughter.

 

"How was it at Sulli's, Soojung?" asked Jessica.

 

"Fun!" said Krystal, grinning.

 

Tiffany was quietly watching and feeling envious at the mother-daughter act.

 

"I'm taking a shower. Be back in 20 minutes." said Yoong as he walked to his room upstairs.

 

"Mommy, who's she?" asked Krystal pointing at Tiffany.

 

"This is Tiffany. She's Yoong's friend." said Jessica.

 

Krystal walked over to Tiffany. 

 

"Hello, Tiffany unnie. I'm Krystal." said Krystal, smiling.

 

Tiffany smiled back and squats down to Krystal's level.

 

"Hi Krystal." she says before Krystal squeals and hugs her.

 

"Mommy! She's so pretty and nice!" Krystal says and it makes Tiffany shy.

 

Jessica smiled seeing her two daughters together.

 

"Unnie, are you dating oppa?" asked Krystal.

 

Tiffany shakes her head.

 

"That's too bad. I always wanted a sister." said Krystal, pouting.

 

Tiffany chuckled and patted Krystal's head.

 

"Nah. You wouldn't want to be related to me." said Tiffany, remembering what everyone had said about her being a bad kid.

 

"Why not? You're nice!" said Krystal, pouting.

 

"Because I will just ruin your family's reputation." said Tiffany.

 

Krystal was confused.

 

"Reputation?"

 

"What bad reputation?" asked Jessica. She felt that as a mother, she should know.

 

"It;s nothing, Mrs. Kwon." 

 

"Come on. Tell me. I want to hear." said Jessica.

 

"Okay.. well... growing up, I received a nickname called the cold troublemaker because I always got in trouble everyday and got sent to the principle's office. All of my teachers hate me including some of my classmates. People try to start fights with me but I would never hurt anyone and always get beat up but still, it's always me who ends up getting suspended. People always tease me for having no mother. They always say that it's my fathers fault and my fault that my mother left. They said that my father must have been too stupid and maybe selfish that it drove her away. Teachers tell me that it's my fault for being born that she left.. and I believe them.. " Tiffany confessed with a heartbreaking voice.

 

Jessica felt anger towards all of those people who gave her daughter a hard time and swore to make them suffer if she ever met any of them.

 

"But it's not your fault." said Jessica.

 

"How would you know?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Maybe she had a reason to leave." reasoned Jessica.

 

"But even if she had a reason.. why leave when she had a child? I must have been a bad child.. maybe also selfish child, too.." said Tiffany.

 

"Stop thinking like that about yourself." said Jessica, feeling upset.

 

"..............."

 

"Unnie, you're not a bad person.." said Krystal, frowning.

 

Tiffany smiled bitterly.

 

"I am, Krystal." 

 

That was when Yoong came down after taking a shower.

 

"What are you guys talking about?" he asked as Tiffany stood up.

 

"Nothing important. Can you please take me back to the dorms now? I'm getting tired." said Tiffany.

 

"Okay." said Yoong, smiling as he wrapped his arms around Tiffany's shoulders.

 

"Yoong, your father and I are going to attend a business party next Friday night. Please bring Tiffany." said Jessica as she walks over to the younger girl and hugs her gently.

 

"Okay mom." said Yoong before he and Tiffany left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back in Seoul

 

Taeyeon pinned Sunny to the wall and kissed her. Sunny tried to break free but Taeyeon was stronger than she was. 

 

"Let me go!" she shouts.

 

"No." he says.

 

"Why? Can't you see that I'm hurting?" she cries.

 

"I'm sorry.... I love you.." he says with tears rolling down the side of his cheeks.

 

She gives up struggling and just let him embrace her.

 

"I'm sorry, Sunny... I'm sorry.." he repeated.

 

"You're selfish, Kim Taeyeon.." Sunny mumbled against his neck.

 

"Please forgive me, Sunny."

 

"Why should I?"

 

"Because I love you.."

 

"You love me but you love Jessica more, don't you?"

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"I hate you, Kim Taeyeon."