Brain Fuel

Emergency Call

 

 

Taeyeon yawned and woke up as the summer sun shined across the bedroom, blinding her eyes. She pecked the cheek of the figure next to her before proceeding to do her morning routine. She made a cup of hot coffee and toasted a bagel before sitting down on the couch and placing the cup of coffee on the coffee table. Her eyes shifted to the calendar and it had almost made her dropped her freshly-toasted bagel.

“I-It’s 23rd already?!” She panicked and gobbled down her breakfast. It was August 23rd already and it seemed like someone had forgotten to finish their summer assignments. Taeyeon rushed to her room and looked for her school bag frantically.  She found it and pulled out a stack of books from her bag, placing them on her working table.

 

“Oh boy, how am I going to finish this amount of work in such a short period of time?” She ran her fingers through her hair out of frustration. She then slumped down onto her chair with her head lying on top of her pain-in-the-rear assignments.

“Good morning Taengoo~” A brunette wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s shoulder and pecked her cheek. “Why are you so drained in the morning already?”

Taeyeon turned her chair and told Jessica to sit on her lap before snaking her arms around Jessica’s waist. “Sica ya~ I don’t have the energy to motivate me to do my homework. Can you just help me to do them?” She whined and snuggled her head against Jessica’s neck, hoping that her aegyo could somehow make Jessica help her with her homework.

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes as she saw the amount of work that Taeyeon has yet to be done. “Aish… why didn’t you finish it when you had the time, hmm?” Jessica poked Taeyeon’s forehead to push her away so she could look at her eyes. “You knew you had a month to finish it.” But Taeyeon rebutted that summer break is for having fun but not doing work. “Give me brain fuel please~”

Jessica blinked and inquired Taeyeon what did she meant by brain fuel, but Taeyeon shrugged and made a pouty face. She grinned as something clicked in her head and got off Taeyeon’s lap. She gave the girl a soft kiss on her forehead. “Did that work?” Taeyeon mirrored Jessica’s grin on her face. “Err… a bit.” She then proceeded to peck her nose. “Did that?” “Close.” She then kissed both of Taeyeon's cheeks and Taeyeon nodded with a huge grin on her face. “Thank you for the brain fuels! I’m fully charged, for now.” Jessica giggled and poked Taeyeon’s cheek. “You’re welcome. I could give you more kisses if you’re drained again.”

“Hwaitaeng!” Jessica turned and walked out of the room, leaving Taeyeon laughing at Jessica’s cute combinations of words. After Taeyeon’s laughter subsided, she opened her math book and started doing the questions. After a few questions, Taeyeon rested her chin on her hand and used her other one to tap the pen to her cheek out of boredom. “Maybe I could ask Jessica for help with English later.” She grinned as she found another idea which could motivate her to finish her assignments on time.  

 


 

xStitch's note: Summer is almost over. ;^; Don't forget to finish your summer assignments! o//