12 Days of Christmas

Emergency Call

 

 

 

xStitch's Note: Merry Christmas and happy reading! c:

 

----

 

 

Christmas is around the corner. In the SM entertainment practice room, all the SNSD members were seen practicing for their upcoming Christmas special concert. Everyone except Taeyeon.

“Taeng, are you okay? What’s with the long face?”

“I’m okay, Sunny.” Taeyeon looked around before leaning in and speaking in a soft voice. “I haven’t figured out what to get for Jessica and it has been bothering me since Christmas is coming.”

Sunny chuckled and poked Taeyeon’s forehead. “Yah babo! You can think of that later. Right now, we have to practice for our concert and bring joy to our lovely Sones in this winter season!”

 

Meanwhile, Jessica was leaning against the wall, sending deathly glares at the Dandyu group. “Why is Sunny poking my Taengoo’s cheek?” Her eyes narrowed even more when Sunny slapped Taeyeon’s arm in a playful manner.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Jessica slightly nodded at Seohyun before heading to the center of the room. “Break time over, get your asses here and practice! I need my sleep.”

 

-----

 

The practice was tiring. The girls were exhausted from the dancing and Jessica’s icy demeanour. It’s hard to put up with Jessica’s princess attitude sometimes, but Taeyeon managed to look pass it.

They were heading home and their manager oppa split the group into two gangs for the seat arrangement like always. Jessica would always cling onto Taeyeon and hop into the van, but today, she just clinged onto Sooyoung and went in the car in a hurried manner.

“What’s wrong with her?” Taeyeon scoffed and glared at the retreating figure of Sooyoung.

“Your girlfriend is jealous, Taeng.”

“Jealous of what?”

“Of you and I talking.”

Taeyeon blinked in confusion before bursting out of laughter. “Oh my God. That girl is jealous over these things? Geez.” Sunny nudged Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Yah! Make it up to her, I don’t want people to mistaken that I like people who are around my height.”

“Don’t worry, I have my own plan. Oh and how many days left till Christmas?”

“12.”

“That’s all I need.”

 

-----

 

On the next day, Taeyeon asked approval for the group to dismiss early in order to execute her plan. She used her rare aegyo on her manager oppa and he gave in to it. Taeyeon smirked in satisfaction.

“Thanks oppa!”

“Just make sure you work hard in the concert.”

“Nae~”

 

----

 

The girls were surprised when they heard their manager announced that they have an earlier dismissal.

“For really?! We can go home early?!”

“Oh my God, I can eat now. I’m so hungry”

“Maybe I need to study a bit more…”

“I’m dying to see Hani!”

“Aw yeah! I can hit the club tonight!”

All the girls cheered and planned what they were going to do since they have their half day-offs for three consecutive days.

 

Amidst the mini-celebration across the practice room, Taeyeon sneakily grabbed Jessica’s hand and dragged her out of it.

“Yah! Taeng! Where are you taking me?”

“Just follow me. I have a surprise for you.”

She led Jessica to her car before driving off to the place where she was going to execute her plan. Taeyeon bought Jessica to an all-you-can-eat restaurant and went straight to the VIP room.

“Ta-da! You can fill your stomach with all the food, you must be tired from all the dancing. You need to eat.”

Taeyeon caressed her girlfriend’s cheek, frowning at she felt Jessica’s bony facial contour. She was too skinny. She barely had time to eat a full meal because of the busy schedules.

“Taeyeon… you know I can eat much, right? You wouldn’t want my to stick out in my Miss Korea outfit.”

Taeyeon laughed at Jessica’s comment. “Don’t worry, dear.” She took Jessica’s hand and brushed her thumb against it. “I’ll do exercise with you, just eat as much as you want today, okay?” Jessica nodded like an obedient child before enjoying her day-off, eating with her sweet Taengoo and leaving her jealous behind.

 

----

 

As for the next day-off, Taeyeon took Jessica to the amusement park, they haven’t had fun together for a long time and they need some time to relax themselves from the tight schedules. But they couldn’t stay long since Jessica’s infamous dolphin scream on the rollercoaster had alerted the public and they were running away from the crowd, hoping no one could find out who they were.

 

The next day was a quiet Saturday, just around one more week before their Märchen Fantasy starts. Taeyeon decided to bring Jessica to a movie date since the cinema is dark and the public won’t see them easily.

They chose to watch Frozen and Jessica was having a hard time trying to not squeal over Olaf, the snowman in the movie.

“Taengoo,” Jessica hugged Taeyeon’s arm and whispered, “Can we build our own snowman when we get home? I want one.”

“Yah, we don’t need one.” Taeyeon turned to Jessica and pecked her temple. “I have an ice princess already and she is everything I need.” Jessica had this silly grin plastered on her face and she gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the lips.

“I love you, so much.”

 

----

 

In the next few days, Taeyeon gave Jessica daily surprise events. She would leave a heart-shaped chocolate on Jessica’s nightstand with a little goodnight note attached to it. Then in the morning, she’d make Jessica a cup of coffee with milk froth in shape of a deformed heart, given that she wasn’t professional at latte art in the first place. During practice sessions, Taeyeon would record her singing voice and send it to the KakaoTalk chat room that she and Jessica possess, making the latter grin like an idiot for the rest of the day.

 

As their concert date comes closer, Taeyeon could only give her girlfriends warming hugs and loving kisses as a part of her plan. But it soon resumed to her normal daily gift-giving route once the concert had ended.

 

Taeyeon would stay up late to write a heartfelt card or a handmade bracelet decorated with gems and the word “TaengSic” on it and make sure they would be the first thing Jessica sees in the morning.

 

“Taeng, I love you.” Jessica scooted over the couch and melted in Taeyeon’s embrace. It was one of those days where they have a legit day-off after their Märchen Fantasy concert and the TaengSic couple is currently spending their lazy day in the dorm while the other members are out for shopping.

“I can only say the same thing to you. I love you so much, Sooyeon.” Taeyeon nuzzled into Jessica’s hair before reaching out to get a blanket from the shopping bag she had under the couch and wrapping the new fluffy blue blanket around them. “When did you get this, love?” The content Jessica snuggled into the fluffiness of the blanket and hugged Taeyeon tighter. Taeyeon smiled and placed a soft peck to Jessica’s forehead. “Just a few days ago, I saw it while I was heading home and I thought it would be the perfect present in this season. Jessica tilted her head in confusion.

“So it’s a present for me?”

“Yup. Merry Christmas, dear!”

On the other hand, Jessica was stressing over what present she should give to Taeyeon. As if Taeyeon can read her mind, she spoke out which startled Jessica quite a bit.

“Yeobo~ for this Christmas, can you not give me anything beforehand?”

“Huh? Why?”

“You will know tomorrow.” Taeyeon grinned and pecked Jessica’s cheek. After a while of chatting, they both fell asleep on the couch with the blanket protecting them from the coldness.

 

------

 

“Merry Christmas!” The girls cheered in joy. Yuri and Hyoyeon were taking loads of picture, and selecting which ones should go to their Instagram accounts. Sooyoung was stuffing herself with tradition Christmas delicacies while Sunny and Tiffany were dancing around the dorm like party animals. Yoona and Seohyun were having a fun time singing random Christmas carols and playing with the guitar. As for Taeyeon, she excused herself and took Jessica into their bedroom.

“Yah, why are we here? We still have some games to play together.”

“I know but give me just a few minutes, okay?”

Jessica nodded as she waited for Taeyeon to show what was up her sleeves. The elder girl went to her drawer and took out a blue box before bring Jessica to sit on the edge of the bed.

  

“Jessica, for these past few days, I have given you 11 presents. Today, I’m going to give you your last present of this Christmas. In exchange, I’m hoping you can give me this one present I have been longing for.”

Jessica grinned at Taeyeon’s sweetness. She was also curious about the last present Taeyeon was talking about. “What is it you want? Is it expensive?”

Taeyeon chuckled and took Jessica’s hands in hers. “Yes, it’s quite expensive. Well, more like priceless.” Jessica arched her eyebrow and squeezed Taeyeon’s hands to tell her to go on. 

 “Jessica, I want you to be mine. These 12 gifts represent the things I promise if you were to marry me. You will eat well and have fun under my care.  The movie date was for us to see things in the same view; the chocolates were to make you feel happy. Coffee may have a bitter situation but it takes the right person to make it sweet. The card and the song were to show you the different ways I can use to express my love to you. The handmade bracelet was to show you that I can make you smile with my very own hands.” Taeyeon smiled and used her thumb to caress the bracelet on Jessica’s wrist.

“The blanket was to make you feel warm and the hugs were to make you feel how safe you are in my embrace. The kisses were to show you how much I adore you. And finally the ring…” Taeyeon let one of Jessica’s hands go and took a small ring out from her pocket. “is to seal the memories you and I have shared together. I love you so much. Marry me?”

Jessica smiled and blinked back her tears of joy. “Yes. Hell to the yes. I want to marry you.”

Taeyeon chuckled and wiped Jessica’s tears off with her thumbs. “So did you like my presents, and my version of 12 days of Christmas?”

“Yes, I loved them dearly. It was the best 12 days of Christmas I have ever had.”

“There’s more to come, love.” They both grinned and Jessica pulled Taeyeon in, sealing their 2013 white promise with a sweet kiss.

 

 

 

 

Side story:

“It’s time for gift-exchanging! Where’s Tae-Tae and Sica?” Tiffany asked the crowd.

“I think they went into the bedroom.” The maknae looked around to see if there was any trace of the couple.

“I’ll go and find them.” Sooyoung grabbed a bowl of crisps before heading off to look for TaengSic. She saw one of the bedroom doors had a slight opening so she assumed the lovers were there.

“Hey guys, we’re going exchange gif-. Oh crap, wrong timing.” Sooyoung had her eyes widen when she saw Taeyeon and Jessica were in the middle of kissing. “Oh dear God, get a room!” With that, she stuffed with a handful of crisps before heading to join the crowd once again.

The TaengSic couple looked at each other, “Aren’t we in a room already?” They both laughed heartily at Sooyoung’s expression. “Oh well, shall we join the girls and announce the good news to them, my beautiful fiancée?”

Jessica grinned and took Taeyeon’s hand, dragging her out of the room before flashing her ring to her sisters.