Contract

Emergency Call

Here's the sequel. \o/ The idea for this chapter was xStitch's. c; Enjoy!


 

 

Jessica sat in bed, notebook in her lap, the end of her pen tapping against her chin.  A small smile was curving her lips, and she was so preoccupied with the words on the paper that she didn’t notice her bedroom door creak open.

“Knock, knock.”

Jessica’s eyes flew up, her smile growing wider to welcome Kim Taeyeon, whose arm was outstretched to offer the girl a mug of coffee.

“Morning, Tae-Tae,” Jessica greeted as she sipped at the brew.

“Morning, sleepyhead.”  Taeyeon proceeded to ruffle the younger girl’s hair before taking a seat beside her.  “Whatcha got there?”

“Hmm…”  Jessica redirected her attention to the notepad and set down her mug, taking up the pen once more.

“‘Royal Decree, Summer Laws of the year 2013.  These laws have been set forth by Her Royal Highness to preserve order in the Dukong Kingdom’,” Taeyeon read aloud, an eyebrow arched.  “Let me see this.”  She snatched up the list from Jessica’s lap, continuing to read it.

 

There are no exceptions to these laws.

I.      All Hail TaengSic.

II.      Jessica Jung Sooyeon is always right.

III.      Kim Taeyeon alone can overrule Rule II.

IIIV.      Kim Taeyeon is the property of Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

V.      Kim Taeyeon may be touched by no one except Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

VI.      The official seal of the Dukong Kingdom is the Dukong Pea, adorned with the additional colours of white and light blue.

VII.      AirCon must be available and running at all times.

VIII.      Cucumbers and pickles are embargoed.

IX.      All subjects are required to grow mangoes.

X.  Kim Taeyeon must promise to love and to cherish Jessica Jung Sooyeon for as long as the aforementioned is living.

 

Taeyeon chewed her lip and looked down at Jessica before taking her hand.  “I, Kim Taeyeon, shall obey the Summer Laws set by Jessica Jung Sooyeon.  And love this princess until the day I die.”

Taeyeon’s cheek was patted.  “I return that promise.”

Taeyeon blushed and cast her eyes back to the decree.  “What brought this about?” the older girl asked, reading over it again, trying to bite back a smile.  “I thought I was the cheesy one.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, snatching the list away and dropping it back into her lap.  “It still needs revising.”

“You’re avoiding my question.”

“I wanted to try to be cheesy,” the girl whispered with pink lighting her cheeks. 

 “Mhm.  Now where’s my kiss?”  Taeyeon puckered her lips suddenly, causing Jessica to throw her head back and laugh.

“What are you implying?  You know this is all a joke.”

The pucker turned into a purse.  “Kisses were used in ancient times to seal contracts.”

Jessica hesitated, blushing harder.  They both knew it wasn’t a joke.  Slowly she leaned in, brushing her lips with Taeyeon’s, her face on fire.  Quickly she pulled away.

“You’re so cute.”

“I’m not cute.”

“Now that’s settled,” Taeyeon continued as if she hadn’t heard the girl.  “But I agree, your laws need revision.”  The pad was slid over to Taeyeon’s lap and she took the pen in her hand, adding an eleventh rule.  “Only Kim Taeyeon has the right to call Jessica cute.”

Jessica took the pen and added at the end of the line, “only if Jessica Jung Sooyeon may be sarcastic.”

“Sounds good.”

Their eyes met.  They two of them smiled, sealing their contract with another kiss.