Bottled-up Feelings

Emergency Call

 

 

In August 2007, everything in the evening of Seoul seemed so normal, cars were speeding down the road,  people were rushing home to enjoy their dinner and family time, but only a few knew that night was their last night to be someone living in a normal life.

On a bridge near the Han River, a brunette girl was seen leaning on the railing. After her tiring practice for tomorrow’s big event, she decided to walk along that river to calm her nerves down. She looked at the water and smiled softly, having a sudden feeling that she would miss this kind of freedom pretty soon. With her hands cupped around , she screamed in determination. “I can do it! I can do it!” She felt so much better after screaming out loud, but no one knew it was a part of an act. With the clapboard snapping, it marked the end of her scene. “Thank you for your hard work!” she bowed at the camera crew.

“Thank you for your hard work, too, Taeyeon-sshi!” everyone cheered for her before she left the scene, and that marks the end of the Kim Taeyeon who was willing to express her feelings out.

 

After debuting as SNSD, she was selected as a leader because she is the oldest amongst the group, but that position just made her felt more stressful than ever. Although she was close with Tiffany Hwang, she has never once found the strength to voice her problems out to Tiffany. She just didn’t want to ruin her bubbly friend’s day.

 

As she grew to a legal age, she began to drink alcohol every time she couldn’t handle her stress, and that was when she grew closer to her other close friend, Jessica Jung.

“Taeyeon-ah, stop drinking that much,” the blonde girl frowned as she saw the amount of soju bottles on the floor.

“I’m okay,” the older girl sat on the floor of her bedroom, her chin resting on her knees. Jessica sighed and sat beside Taeyeon, her arm draped over the brunette girl’s shoulder. “You know you shouldn’t keep your problems to yourself, right?”

Taeyeon flinched a bit when Jessica said that, she was probably the only one who looked past Taeyeon’s “I’m okay” lie.

“I’m sorry… but that’s how I am.”

Jessica sighed once again before standing up and walking away from Taeyeon. Just when Taeyeon thought that Jessica was mad at her, the latter came back with a pen and a piece of paper and slipped them into Taeyeon’s hands.

“What’s that for?”

“Well, I figured that since you don’t want to voice your doubts out, it’s better for you if you write them down. It helps, trust me,” Jessica explained as she picked an empty bottle up, “maybe you should put the paper in the bottles as well.”

“So my feelings will be bottled up in that way?”

“Exactly.” They both laughed at their own little pun.

Taeyeon looked at the paper in her hands, maybe it could really help her.

Jessica sensed that Taeyeon needed some private time and quickly excused herself by letting out a fake yawn.

“Oh well, I guess it’s my bed time. Goodnight Taengoo. Don’t sleep too late,” she placed a soft peck on Taeyeon’s cheek before leaving to her own room.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was blushing because of the peck. She looked at the paper and started writing her first “bottled-up feeling” on it.

 

I think I like Jessica…

 

This slowly became a habit for Taeyeon, she has a little shelf to keep all her bottles on it.

 

Being a leader is difficult.

I felt so scared today at the Angel Price Music Festival… Thank goodness Sunny helped me out.

Stalkers have been roaming around our dorm recently. I really hope they won’t do anything to my members.

Hyoyeon and Jessica has been fighting lately. Should I talk to them?

The company is being ridiculous! How can we survive with only a few hours of sleep?!

Tomorrow will be TaeTiSeo’s first debut… I hope that we will do well.

My feelings for Jessica has grown strong lately. I think I’m falling deeper for her. Will she accept me?

 

“Tae Tae, we got a problem!” Tiffany screamed as she rushed out of Sooyoung and Jessica’s shared room.

“What is it, Mushroom?”

“T-There’s a cockroach in SooSic’s room!!!”

“What?! How did that happen?”

“I saw Sooyoung unnie and Sica unnie eating snacks in their room yesterday,” Seohyun peeped out from her book and told her unnies. Taeyeon mentally face-palmed and walked to the storage room to take a broom out. “I will take care of that… Stay with Maknae in the meanwhile.”

Taeyeon marched to SooSic’s room while Tiffany nodded obediently like a little kid before rushing to Seohyun’s side and clinging onto her. She then turned to Seohyun with a sly grin, “I think our plan might just work this time,” Seohyun mirrored Tiffany’s grin and whispered softly, “I really hope they won’t hide their feelings anymore.”  They both stifled their laughter as they heard a click coming from SooSic’s room.
 

Taeyeon locked the door just in case the cockroach escapes to the living room causing more chaos. She looked around for the brown little creature but she found nothing, all she could find was Jessica’s messy bed, with a few bottles on it. Taeyeon was shocked at first, she thought they were her bottles at first, but after taking a closer look at the paper which was inside the bottles, she realised that the handwriting wasn’t hers. It was –

“Jessica?” Taeyeon placed the broom down and took the bottle in her hand, inside the note wrote:

I love you, Taengoo.

She froze at her spot, her heart was beating like crazy. “J-Jessica loves me?!”

Taeyeon decided to look at the two other bottles and realised that Jessica had written some sort of love letter to her.

 

Taengoo-ya~

This may sound silly but I think I have a little crush on you. I don’t know how it happened, maybe it’s just a phrase, maybe it’s real, maybe it will be something that we’ll laugh about when we spend our time in the future with our kids… wait that is not right! >///< I meant if we have our own family… I mean, aish. Anyways, I love your presence and I wish I could hug you whenever you feel stressed out. Please don’t ever change. Keep on being the dorky you and be happy! I love you. <3

 

Dear Taengoo,

This is crazy, but I think I’m falling for you. I know it started out as a crush but damn, my heart beat so fast when I saw your sleeping figure in Running Man. You were so cute. >///> DAMN YOU KIM TAEYEON WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME FEEL THIS WAY!? I really hope you feel the same for me… Oh and on the side note, it’s 11:11 now so… I wish we could be together…

 

Taeyeon laughed heartily as she read those letters that were meant for her. She quickly placed the letters back in the bottles and placed them back to their original position. At that moment, she felt so happy. It was almost like seeing a green light after being stuck in a traffic jam for ages. She grabbed the broom and went out of the room, only to see Seohyun and Tiffany looking at her with a playful smile.

“So I assume you cleared up the /mess/ now, right?” Tiffany emphasising on the word “mess” by making an air-quotation with her fingers. Taeyeon was confused at what Tiffany was referring to, but then everything hit her. “You two…” Seohyun and Tiffany chuckled softly and nodded, “unnie, we all knew something was going on between you two, but everything was confirmed after ahjumma found your bottles when she was cleaning our house. You shouldn’t drink that much, unnie!” The Maknae frowned and looked at Taeyeon disappointedly. Tiffany quickly dragged Seohyun away before she gives another lecture about Taeyeon’s drinking habits. “Good luck, Tae Tae!”

After knowing what Jessica feels about her, Taeyeon decided to do something about it. She was determined to make the Ice Princess hers.

 

Jessica arrived back to SNSD’s dorm after her schedule was done, she was shocked when she opened the door. The lights were off, the only light source came from the candles that formed a heart-shaped on the floor. She was wondering who was behind all this when the lights were switched on once again. Jessica was shocked when she saw Taeyeon in front of her, holding the two bottles that contained her love letters in them, she could feel her face was burning red. “N-No way…”

“Yes way,” Taeyeon grinned at the blushing girl that stood in front of her, it was such a rare sight to see Jessica being this cute. She put out the fire before walking towards Jessica.

“Sica-ya, you have always been a great pillar to me. I’m so lucky to meet someone like you. I know I can always trust you and rely on you. You have been my best friend, but I guess we can’t be that anymore.”

Jessica felt her heart sink when she heard that. Just as she thought her love was one-sided, Taeyeon continued with her love confession.

“I’m hoping we can go further than that. I want you to be my other half. I want to be the one to protect you, to cherish you and to love you. I would give anything to have you wake up in my arms and to kiss you good morning. It’s quite crazy but your smile is more beautiful than any stars I have seen. It’s like… if my love for you was a desert, you would only see sand. You have no idea what you have done to me. When I close my eyes, I used to see only darkness in the past. But now I see you, and it’s not just your looks that made me fall in love with you, your personality was what I fell into.”

Taeyeon held Jessica’s hands and gazed into her teary eyes, “I love you, Jessica Jung. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Jessica responded to Taeyeon’s question with a kiss on her lips. Both felt their hearts pounding against their chests like crazy. The older girl pulled Jessica into a tight, loving hug. “I love you, Taengoo. I love you so much.” “I know,” the leader grinned cheekily, “your love letters were so cute.”

“Yah! I wrote those long time ago! I didn’t even kno-,“ her lips were sealed by Taeyeon’s ones before she could even finished her sentence.

“My girlfriend~ time has been wasted between us because we kept on hiding our secrets from each other. But now that the cat is out of the box, let’s treasure our time together as a couple.” Jessica smiled shyly and buried her head into Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

And so, feelings and worries were no longer bottled up, in fact, they were shared between these two lovers. 

 


 

xStitch's note:

Hi readers, I'm slowly going back on track with my updates! (Blame my laziness. xD)

Oh, and I want to try out different genres of TaengSic so if you have any ideas, feel free to comment down below or pm me!

Although TaengSic might not be a couple in real life, let us sail this ship in this fictional land! o//

See you soon! Thanks to those who still put our story in their subsciption list! We are super grateful!!! OwO