Unexpected Blessings

Emergency Call

 

 

Okay, so before you begin to read this story. Let's spend a few seconds to pray for the victims in South Korea. Deepest condolence to those who lost their beloved. ;;

*pushes the sad news aside*

Secondly, happy birthday to our beloved Jessica! Let's wish her to have a happy time on her birthday.

Finally, xStitch will be back to write more stories since her exams are nearly over! :D

 

Thank you for those who stayed as our subscribers, the authors are really thankful for your support! <3

This chapter's plot and title was provided by xXBlackWidowXx.

xStitch's note: This story has around 1.8k words so let your eyes rest for a bit in the middle, okay? :3

 

Happy reading!

 

--------------------

 

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God,” A brunette chanted as she paced around and checked every corner of her apartment, making sure it was presentable for the two guests who were going to be here later. Suddenly, she noticed a burning smell from her kitchen. “Oh crap! My cookies!!” The girl was so absorbed with the decorations that she had forgotten about the snacks that she made. The brunette took her gloves before opening the oven, her hand waved at the smoke coming out of it. “One, two three…” She counted the number of cookies that she didn’t burn and placed them on a plate then threw the burnt ones away. She added some colourful sprinkles onto her cookies as she silently thanked God that some of them survived.

 

Glancing at the clock, she knew it was time to dress up and await for the guests’ arrival. She switched off her oven and cleaned up all the mess she had made before shifting to her bedroom. “Hmm… Should I wear blue? But Sica said that Jiyeon likes white.” She fussed around with the types and the colours of her clothing that she didn’t know the guests were already at her door. A doorbell rang and the girl immediately cursed silently, “One second! I’m almost done!”

 

In the end, she picked a white blouse and a pair of denim jeans as her outfit of the day as she rushed towards the door. She took a deep breath before twisting the door knob and opening it. “Hey, beautiful~” She grinned at the sight when she saw the woman that she love dearly, her grin got even wider when she saw a little girl was sitting in the arms of her lover. “Taeng, can we come in? Your hair seems a bit messy.” Jessica giggled softly as she looked at Taeyeon’s figure. Nevertheless, Taeyeon’s simple outfit never failed to make her heart flutter. Jessica was so glad that she had found someone who love her and her flaws.

 

Taeyeon made way for Jessica and Jiyeon as she fixed her hair. Jessica pecked the older girl’s cheek and whispered softly to her, “You look beautiful, honey.” She then walked around examining the apartment while Taeyeon followed her guests with a bashful grin plastered on her face. Jessica was surprised at the effort that the owner of this house had made and patted Jiyeon’s to get her attention. “Jiyeon ah~ look at the decorations!” She pointed at the giant teddy bear positioned at the couch, Jiyeon wiggled her way out of her mother’s grip, wanting to go to the giant bear. Jessica put Jiyeon down and let her play with teddy bear. Meanwhile, Taeyeon s her arms around Jessica’s tiny waist and placed her chin on her shoulder. “You know you didn’t have to do this much, Taeng. You’re gonna spoil this princess.” A soft smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips, “She’s not the only princess that I’m going to spoil, you will be that one too”, Taeyeon pressed her lips against Jessica’s cheek, “Plus, I have to make sure your daughter will accept this cool and awesome Appa”, she chuckled. “Oh, I have no doubt that she will.”

 

At the mention of the name “Appa”, Jiyeon turned to the couple’s direction with her eyes sparkling, “Umma, where ish Appa? And… why ish Taengoo hugging Umma? Me wants Umma hug too!” She frowned and ran to Jessica, hugging her leg tightly. Taeyeon laughed heartily at the sight and let go of Jessica so the latter could pick Jiyeon up. She then ruffled Jiyeon’s hair and offered a smile to her. “Does Jiyeonnie want cookies?” “C-Cookies?! Yesh pwease!!” Jiyeon had a wide grin on her face and begged her Umma to carry her there. “Umma! Umma! Jiyeonnie want Taengoo’s cookies, pwease carry me there!!” Jessica and Taeyeon both melted at the child’s cuteness and made their way to the kitchen. Jessica placed Jiyeon on the kitchen counter while Taeyeon shifted her way to get the plate of cookies. While Taeyeon was doing that, Jessica caught a glance of some burnt cookies in the rubbish bin and silently giggled.

 

“Umma~ Wae are chu laughing?” Jessica quickly placed her fingers on the little girl’s lips, “It’s a secret. Shh.” “What are you girls talking about?” Taeyeon asked, with a plate of cookies in her hand. Jiyeon copied her Umma’s action and told Taeyeon to come to her, only to put her tiny hand on the older woman’s lips, “Ish a sekret. Shhhhhh.”

 

Taeyeon laughed and nodded before handing a piece of cookie to Jiyeon, which the latter happily accepted it and nibbled at it right away. She glanced at Jessica to see if it was the appropriate time to ask Jiyeon “that question”. Jessica gave Taeyeon a simple nodded and urged her to go on.

 

“Jiyeonnie~” Taeyeon started off by calling the little girl’s name, “so… I wanted to ask you will you accept me as your Appa?” Both adult looked at Jiyeon nervously as they waited for her to answer. On the other hand, Jiyeon grinned widely, she was always fond of her cool Taengoo, sometimes, she would even tell her secrets to Taeyeon instead of Jessica, like the time when she wet her bed.

 

“Rwally?! Taengoo ish my Appa? This ish awesome!” Jiyeon bounced up and down the counter and held her arms out to Taeyeon, hoping she could carry her. Taeyeon scooped Jiyeon up from the counter and earned a pair of lips full with cookie crumbs on her cheek.

 

Looking at the sight, Jessica couldn’t help it but to silently thank God for giving her such a perfect woman. She had a terrible marriage before. After she had her baby, she found out that her husband had been cheating on her during the time of her pregnancy since the couple cannot engage in any ual activities or else there might be a risk of miscarriage. She immediately issued a divorce with her husband and prohibited him to meet his child. So technically, Jiyeon had no idea how her real father looked like. Jessica named her baby “Jiyeon” so her little baby could grow up into a wise, pretty lady. She doesn’t want her little princess to grow up to have the same horrible experience like what her Umma had been through.

 

Jessica was devastated and was emotionally wrecked. She couldn’t believe that her dearest husband would do such a thing. She had no one to turn to but Taeyeon, her best friend since high school. Unknown to Jessica, Taeyeon had always had a crush on her since the day they first met, but Taeyeon was too scared to confess her love to Jessica, fearing that their friendship might end so she kept her feelings hidden.

 

Taeyeon’s heart was broken when she found out that Jessica had a boyfriend, it broke again when she announced that she was getting married. Taeyeon’s feelings towards Jessica had died down when she found out that her best friend was pregnant, nevertheless she continued to wish Jessica for her happiness.

 

She was shocked when Jessica came with her toddler in her arms on one stormy night. Her face and clothes were drenched, except for Jiyeon, who slept peacefully in her mother’s embrace. Taeyeon provided a shelter for them, not only that she took care of their meals, she would also deter Jessica’s persistent ex-husband away. Taeyeon had many talks with the ex-husband, trying to convince him that nothing can undo his mistakes. She was relieved that he had finally given up and moved to a faraway place so as to not disturb them.

 

As days passed by, Jessica developed a feeling towards Taeyeon, she wasn’t sure whether it started out as a form of gratitude or was it love, all she knew was – she really wanted Taeyeon by her side. The other thing that concerned her the most was Jiyeon, she was not sure whether her new relationship with anyone would accept a divorced woman with a child on top of that. Her feelings were confirmed when she found a little old diary under Taeyeon’s bed while doing housework when Taeyeon went for work. Tears of joy rolled down her face as she knew that her feelings were true and her love might be returned. Jessica confronted Taeyeon about it, but the latter denied it. Although she said her feelings for Jessica died down, she hates to admit that the younger girl’s beauty had a definite effect on her.

 

After a few confrontations by Jessica, Taeyeon started to open her feelings to Jessica and they soon began to date. Every day, after sending Jiyeon to school, Taeyeon and Jessica would have a little morning date on their own. Sometimes, they would even ask their neighbour, Yoona, to take care of Jiyeon so that they could go on a date for a day. But they soon abandoned the idea after Jiyeon wrapped Yoona’s house with toilet paper.

 

The new family’s happy time passed by quick, and it was time for them to go to bed after their fun, tiring day. “Umma! Appa! Me want to sweep in between Umma and Appa!” The couple followed their little princess’s order and put Jiyeon in between them, both singing lullaby to her until she fell asleep. Jessica watched Taeyeon’s every movement as the latter kept on the little girl’s hair. “Taeng,” Jessica called out quietly to get Taeyeon’s attention, “I love us. I love having a family with you. I know that my past is dark but I am really thankful that you provide light to my path so I can walk out of the darkness. I… I love you.”

 

Taeyeon said nothing but shifted closer to Jessica and placed the softest, most tender peck on her lips. “I love you so much, baby.” She nuzzled Jessica’s nose. “I must thank you for giving me such a lovely daughter. I will treat her as my own and I swear that I’ll beat up the guys, or girls, who made her cry.” Their fingers intertwined with each other before they were placed on Jiyeon’s body, and the three of them slowly travelled to their sweet dreamland together.

 

No one expected these two’s fate who end up this way. No one would have thought a broken soul who had a broken family would meet someone who could be her pillar, someone who she could rely. We might take things for granted in life, but these two counted their stars. They treasured everything that they shared. Yes, their road might be hard for them because of the social custom. Nevertheless, they are willing to walk down this rocky path with their hands linked together, along with Jiyeon’s one.

 

In conclusion, everything was a bunch of unexpected blessings to them.