Chapter 2

Love, Family and Money

Sohyun got out of bed for another morning greeting of shouting and her grandmother’s tired smile. She just shrugged it off as her day began normally.

Sohyun was putting on her shoes when her brother angrily stormed out. She sighed as she finished putting on her shoes. She then followed her brother out.

“Oppa! Wait!” Sohyun yelled.

Jiyong turned around and greeted her with a crooked smile.

“Where are you going so early?” Jiyong asked.

“The park”

“Early morning sketching is it”

“Yup...where are you going oppa?” Sohyun asked while tilting her head.

“I wanna say to go out for a drink...but I guess you would stop me so I’m gonna say for a walk” he replied.

“Let’s go to the park together oppa”

-o-

“You were right. No one wants to marry him”

“Who would marry a brat like him?!”

“May I remind you that, this is your son you are talking about?”

“I don’t know why you care about him so much. He isn’t even your son”

L.Joe’s stepmother smiled.

“When you raise a baby and watch him grow up it doesn’t matter whether he is yours or not”

“Mom! Dad!”

“Ah! Hyori!”

“I heard Byunghun needed a wife” Hyori said with a smile.

-o-

Sohyun had her complete concentration on her new sketch as her brother watched her.

“You know....some of these might get sold for a lot” Jiyong said.

Sohyun laughed and said “As if people would pay for my crap art work”

“No seriously!”

“Stop teasing me! You can go call Dara unnie now! Go!” Sohyun shooed him away.

Jiyong blushed “Why would I call Dara?”

“Same reason you blushed when I mentioned her name...?”

“Whatever! I’ll see ya laters!” Jiyong said and left her alone.

-o-

“Eh! You are asking for my daughter’s hand in marriage to your brother?!”

“Yes, you have been a long time employee in our little company and we trust you, Mr. Kwon” Hyori said with a smile.

“Er...I’m going to have to talk to my wife and daughter about this” he said and bowed a little.

“Of course! Please consider this request seriously, Mr Kwon”

-o-

“What?!” Sohyun’s mom yelled as her husband told her the news.

“She asked all of the sudden” her husband explained.

“What are we going to do?” Sohyun’s grandmother had collapsed on the floor.

“T-they are seriously asking us?” Sohyun’s mom asked again.

“Yes, yes. Hyori looked totally serious and I even talked to CEO Lee”

“Mom! Dad! I’m home!”

“We have to tell her about this” Sohyun’s mom said.

“I’ll go get her” Sohyun’s grandmother stood up and went to get Sohyun who was taking her shoes off.

“Your parents have something to discuss with you” her grandmother explained as she led her to her parents’ bedroom.

They sat Sohyun down and slowly explained what had happened. They expected her to freak out but she reacted the complete opposite.

Sohyun smiled and nodded.

“Can I meet him?”

How was that chapter? Sohyun and L.Joe are going to have their first meeting soon! Anyway I also wanted to say I'm sorry for the short chapter especially when I had actually planned their first meeting in this chapter but I have to wake up at THREE in the morning for a 12 hour bus journey to Scotland! That's right I hae lived in the UK for SIX years and this is my first time in Scotland...I know, I know, I need to get of the house often. But anyway, I'll be gone for about three days and then I will come back to add another update to this story so please wait! BYE!