Chapter 14

Love, Family and Money

“Is something wrong?”

“It’s nothing”

“Then why did Sohyun just run away?”

“She is...er...just tired?”

L.Joe’s mom eyed him but nodded.

“I hope you acted politely today”

“Hey! I’m always polite!”

L.Joe’s mom rolled her eyes and said “Good night” before leaving for her bedroom.

L.Joe sighed and then touched his cheek.

“She is one strange girl”

He then went upstairs to his and Sohyun’s bedroom where Sohyun had just jumped in bed and hid underneath the blanket as she did not want to see L.Joe.

Why did I do that?!

She was yelling at herself mentally pulling her hair.

She tried her best to pretend that she was sleeping as she heard L.Joe move around their room, probably changing. The idea of L.Joe changing while she was in the room made her blush as her eyes widen and she could feel the blush creep on her cheeks again.

After a few minutes, she felt L.Joe slide under the blanket. She felt herself stiffen as he felt him next to her. She then heard him sigh.

“I’m going crazy because of you” he whispered.

Before she could reply she felt his lips on her temple. She forced her eyes to stay shut and didn’t move but she could feel the blush on her cheeks and thanked for the lights being off.

-o-

“Gayoon!”

Gayoon ran as fast as she could.

“You wanted this so why are you running away?” Junhyung asked her.

Gayoon blinked back her tears and stopped in her tracks.

Gayoon sat up violently, she was covered in sweat.

“What was that about?” she asked herself.

She got out of bed and went to the kitchen. She got herself a glass of water to calm her fast beating heart. She didn’t know why it was beating so fast. It was like she really did run. But why was she running away from Junhyung when she had already left?

She shook her head and went back to her room and for the reaming of the night she laid in bed wide awake.

-o-

Sohyun had not gotten much sleep last night. She was too shocked by L.Joe’s action who by the way was fast asleep and practically dead.

Sohyun sighed. It was only 7 in the morning and she was suffering lack of sleep. She decided she would get up and go downstairs and prepare some breakfast.

In the kitchen she made some toast and eggs before preparing herself some tea and walking outside to the garden. She sighed again as she sipped on her tea and looked at the clouds.

“What is happening to me?”

She was lost in her thoughts before someone called her name.

“Sohyun-ah?”

Sohyun turned around to see her father in law.

“Morning father-in-law” she greeted him with a smile.

“Morning...what are you doing up so early?” he asked her as he tilted his head.

“I couldn’t sleep too well last night”

She couldn’t stop herself, it just came out.

“Did my idiot of a son do something?” he asked her and instantly she wanted to tell him every mean thing he had said and done to her especially about their honeymoon, but she shook her head.

“It’s nothing like that...I think it was just the fact that I saw my family after some time” she lied and her father-in-law seem to accept her answer.

“I should be leaving for work now, have a nice day” he said before leaving as Sohyun bowed at him.

-o-

When L.Joe woke up Sohyun was gone. He felt something in his heart but he pushed that feeling away as he got up and got dressed.

He went down stairs to see his mother sipping on her tea.

“Morning omma!” he greeted her cheerfully.

“Breakfast is on the table” was her reply and L.Joe smiled as he kissed his mother on the cheek while she just rolled her eyes but a smile was evident on her face.

“Where is Sohyun?” L.Joe asked his mother from the kitchen.

“In the garden watering the plants” she replied to him from the living room.

He grabbed a toast on the table and chewed on it.

“The toast is nice” he told her from the kitchen.

“You should thank Sohyun for that!”

He almost choked.

“What’s wrong?” his mother approached him as he coughed.

“Nothing...just didn’t chew enough” he said as he smacked himself several times on his chest and his mother rolled her eyes and smacked him on the back.

“Omma!” he whine.

“What? It helps” she said.

L.Joe smiled, she may not be his real mother, but there were times he forgot about that.

“Anyway, I’m gonna go see my wife now” L.Joe said.

“Treat her well Lee Byunghun”

But he did not hear her.

“Yo! Mrs. Lee Byunghun!”

Sohyun rolled her eyes as she watered the plants with the hoes pipe.

“Why? Not gonna greet your own husband, ow, I’m hurt” he said with a hurtful look on his face.

“Whatever” she replied.

She had too much in her mind to be joking around with L.Joe but she flinched when she felt cold water hit her.

She turned around to glare at Lee Byunghun with a bucket of water in his hand. Her eye brow twitched as she glared at him, who had a smirk plastered on his face.

That smirk did it.

She attacked him with the hose pipe in her hand and they started to have a full on water fight, which L.Joe’s step mother was enjoying watching from the living room window.

“Maybe, it’s time for their wedding gift”

-o-

After half an hour or so, both L.Joe and Sohyun were soaking wet. L.Joe was running around with an empty bucket while Sohyun aimed at him with the hose pipe.

Suddenly L.Joe tackled her to the ground and they both landed on the floor with him on top. They stared at each other with wide eyes but slowly L.Joe started to come closer to her.

The sound of someone clearing their throat and the magic was gone. They both rushed to stand back up, the hose pipe and the bucket long forgotten.

“Dude!”

“Hey guys” L.Joe greeted.

“Hope we weren’t interrupting anything” one of the boys said.

Sohyun and L.Joe blushed and vigorously shook their heads.

“Anyway, introductions are needed I believe, I’m Lee Chunji!” the blond guy said as he took Sohyun’s hand and kissed it making Sohyun blush.

“And I’m Niel” the guy with really thick lips said she he dragged Chunji away from Sohyun as he could see L.Joe burning holes through the back of his head.

“I’m Ricky! And you are my noona!” a really cute guy said.

“Hey, I’m Minsoo, but call me C.A.P” he said, he sounded really tired and Sohyun wondered if he was bored.

“And I’m Changjo, nice to meet you noona!”

“Noona?”

“Yes, I’m younger then you” he said and Sohyun couldn’t believe him.

“B-but...you are like a thousand times taller than L.Joe”

“Thanks babe!”

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update but I was busy voting for EXO for the EMAs...but they didn't win which is sad but that aside. I hope you liked this chapter, and I'll update as soon as I can so leave some comments and subscribe if you hacen't already! Bye!