Chapter 13

Love, Family and Money

“Can I have permission to take her to her parents’ house to visit?”

“Of course you can! Who told you, you had to ask?” L.Joe’s dad snapped at him.

“Oh...well thanks” he said before standing up and going upstairs.

Sohyun came in the living room with her mother-in-law and some tea. Her mother-in-law sat down and Sohyun poured her in-laws tea with a smile on her face. Sohyun liked her in-laws. They weren’t like L.Joe and her sister-in-law was like as sister she had always wanted.

“Sohyun-ah, it’s time to go visit your parents. It has been a week since you came back from your honeymoon and I’m sure you miss them” L.Joe’s dad said with a kind smile on his face.

“That’s a good idea! I made some kimchi, you can take them that as well” L.Joe’s mom said as she stood up and left for the kitchen again.

Sohyun smiled and bowed at her father-in-law and thanked him.

“Ah! You should go prepare...and thank my idiot of son, it was his idea”

“Eh?”

“Well, since he did come up with the idea I shouldn’t call him an idiot”

Sohyun was still processing the idea in her head.

It was that idiot’s idea?!

When Sohyun got upstairs to her room she saw L.Joe going through his part of the closet digging out clothes. Sohyun eyed the mess of clothes on the floor.

“What are you doing?” Sohyun asked.

“Dad just told me that we have to go visit your family and I have to dress well” he explained.

Are you pretending it wasn’t your idea...?

“So...we are going...now?” Sohyun asked instead of what was on her mind.

“Yeah, yeah...go get ready” L.Joe said without looking at her while Sohyun found herself smiling.

-o-

Junhyung bit his lip. He nervously opened the door for his father.

“Hello dad” Junhyung said as both of them sat down.

“Where is Gayoon? We haven’t seen the two of you in a long time” his dad said getting straight to the point.

“Oh...she has gone aboard for a while...her friend is getting married” Junhyung lied.

“Why didn’t you go with her?”

“She went to help prepare...I’ll just be going for the wedding”

Junhyung’s dad nodded as if accepting Junhyung’s lies and Junhyung mentally sighed in relief.

-o-

Sohyun and L.Joe were welcomed by her family happily. It was the weekend so everyone was home.

“This is from mother-in-law, it’s freshly made” Sohyun said as she handed the kimchi to her mother who smiled.

“Thank her for me will you”

“Yes mom”

“Yo sis! How is married life?” Jiyong asked her.

“If oppa got his life together and just asked Dara unnie to marry him, you wouldn’t have to ask me” Sohyun replied and everyone laughed.

L.Joe watched Sohyun smile sincerely. It had been a while...maybe she had smiled like that towards Changbum. Something in L.Joe started to boil as his hands turned into fists before he pushed away the feeling to the back of his head.

You have Suzy

He reminded himself as he mentally slapped himself.

“You two will be staying over for dinner right?” Sohyun’s grandmother asked.

“Of course! I wouldn’t miss grandmother’s cooking for the world!” Sohyun said with a smile and L.Joe found himself smiling too.

“The maknae is always the spoiled one” her grandmother said making her pout and L.Joe found himself thinking that she was cute and that thought too was pushed towards the back of his head.

-o-

Gayoon stared at the beach and sighed. The book she was reading was tossed somewhere in the sand. The towel she had laid had blown somewhere else hours ago, now she was stood staring at the beach.

She looked at her phone and wondered why he hadn’t called yet and then she wondered if he would even call. But what took up most of her thoughts was why it was even bothering her. She was the one who had brought up the divorce.

“Is the beach really that interesting?” he asked her.

“It’s calming to read here” she replied without looking up from her book.

He sat down next to her and stared at the page she was on for a moment before snatching the book from her and running.

“YAH!”

She ran after him until she got close enough to jump on his back. It surprised him and it made him drop the book on the sand.

“Yah! Don’t drop that!” Gayoon said.

“Shouldn’t you be worrying about yourself” he said as he pretended to drop her.

“Ok! Don’t drop me” Gayoon said and he laughed.

Maybe it was time to go back to Seoul but Gayoon has always been stubborn.

“He can rot in hell” she muttered and picked up her book before settling down on the sand again.

-o-

“I had a lot of fun visiting, thank you for having us over” L.Joe said and bowed a little.

“Aigoo, he is always so polite” Sohyun’s grandmother said with a smile.

Sure he is

Sohyun thought to herself.

“Come visit soon!” her brother said as they bid their farewells and the couple left.

 The two got into L.Joe’s car and L.Joe sighed.

“Let’s go home” he said and Sohyun only nodded.

They drove back silently until Sohyun spoke.

“Thank you”

“For what?” L.Joe questioned.

“For agreeing to take me h-...there” Sohyun said and for placing the idea on father-in-law’s head she said to herself.

He noted that she had almost said “home” but he didn’t say anything against it.

“It’s ok...it was dad’s idea anyway, you should thank him instead” L.Joe said.

“I will” Sohyun said as she leaned towards him and kissed his cheek.

Before he could say anything she ran out of the car. He hadn’t even realized that they were already home. He just stayed in the car in shock while Sohyun basically ran inside and went straight to her room while trying to calm herself praying the blush on her face would be gone by the time L.Joe got up stairs.

Oh~ she kissed him. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter. Please leave a comment and subscribe if you haven't already and feel free to upvote this story! I'll update soon so bye for now.