Chapter 7

Love, Family and Money

“Don’t be scared” L.Joe said while looking at Sohyun who was still fixing her already perfect dress.

“What if they don’t like me?” Sohyun asked as she was filled with worries.

“You look perfect and they won’t like you cuz they will love you” L.Joe said making her blush.

“Now” he said as he gently took her hand in his own and then added “Let’s go inside”

-o-

Junhyung sat alone on the sofa in the living room. He sighs as he plays with the glass in his hand and stares at the divorce papers.

Everyone watched as they said their empty vows which meant more to their parents then to themselves.

Gayoon’s eyes were emotionless and it made him feel like he was looking at his own eyes as neither of them felt anything. They were there because they were supposed to be. It wasn’t anything special to them. It was more special to their parents than it was for them.

When they were about to kiss Gayoon whispered the very words Junhyung would promise to keep.

“Don’t fall in love with me”

Only at that time he didn’t know she couldn’t keep it.

Gayoon stared at the one wedding picture she had kept with her and sighed.

“It’s time to move on”

-o-

“I know you!”

“Ah! You are the person from the park!” Sohyun said.

“Lee Hyori, call me unnie now” Hyori said and shook her hand with a smile.

“This is my noona and my parents” L.Joe said and introduced Sohyun to his family.

“Let’s sit down” L.Joe’s mother says and they all sit down in the living room.

“So, Sohyun tell us about yourself” Hyori says.

Sohyun slowly starts to speak about her life.  Where she went to school and what she studied and all those things. L.Joe found himself staring at her and admiring her without realising he was doing so. Hyori smiled as she saw her brother look so star struck.

“Shall we prepare for dinner now mother?”Hyori asked once they had talked for an hour or so and her mother nodded.

“I’ll help too” Sohyun said with a smile and stood upi.

“Oh no, you are the guest we couldn’t possibly ask that from you” their mother said and motioned for her to sit again.

 “Its fine mother, I want to help” Sohyun insisted so they let her help.

“I like her” L.Joe’s father spoke once they were left alone.

L.Joe smiles and nods.

“You made the right choice after meeting her”

L.Joe can only smile even though deep down he knows it’s not right to marry Sohyun when they aren’t in love.

Soon it was time to eat and everyone sat down and ate together while having a light conversation. Sohyun helped clean up and had left a good impression on the Lee family and L.Joe had seen her charm without realising.

Soon it was time for Sohyun to go back and L.Joe was asked to drive her home even though Sohyun declined the offer he was still forced to do so.

They were quiet on the ride to Sohyun’s house. Sohyun had nothing to say to him but he had a lot on his mind, so he finally spoke.

“You still have time to back out” L.Joe said.

Sohyun looked at him for a minute before shaking her head “I’ll be fine”

“Do you really want to marry a guy like me?” L.Joe asked and Sohyun stayed quiet.

“Look, I know you don’t want this marriage and neither do I so it is up to you wheatear we go forward or not” L.Joe said.

“If you don’t want to marry me it’s fine but I’m going forward with this” Sohyun said stubbornly.

“You were warned” L.Joe muttered.

It’s always about the money.

-o-

Gayoon stood by the Han River and looked t the giant diamond ring.

“What’s the point” Gayoon said before taking it off and throwing it into the river with as much force as possible.

She finally picked her phone up as it wouldn’t stop ringing even when she turned it on it rang in her head.

“Hello” Gayoon answered.

“Come back”

“Sign the papers”

“Please”

“You’re drunk”

He started to chuckle and Gayoon could feel herself smiling before she snapped back to reality.

“Sign the papers and I’ll come and get them” Gayoon said coldly before hanging up.

-o-

“You did well today” L.Joe said.

Sohyun rolled her eyes “Obviously! I have to leave a good impression”

L.Joe laughed and Sohyun smiled at him.

“Thanks for the ride” Sohyun said.

“Don’t mention it...I AM a gentleman after all”

“Always blowing your own horn”

“Ppft”

“Always acting like you are the best”

“That’s cuz I AM the best”

Sohyun hit his head playfully and he played along and acted like it hurt.

“Just go home!” Sohyun snapped at him.

“Hum...you don’t want me to leave really”

“Pppft!” Sohyun burst out laughing and L.Joe smiled as he looked at her.

Hey! I hope you like this chapter. Please leave a comment and I'll update soon! ByE!!!!