Chapter 6

Love, Family and Money

Junhyung dropped his phone as Gayoon didn’t pick up.

“Where is she?” he asked in frustration.

It was already so late and he was worried. They didn’t talk much but he wasn’t heartless. He still cared about her. He went to their bed room but the fact that all her things were gone didn’t help his heavy heart which was filled with worries.

He then saw an envelope on the dresser. He also spotted the necklace his mother had asked him to give to her.

When he opened the envelope his heart dropped.

-o-

Sohyun opened the door to see an uncomfortable L.Joe tugging at his tie. Sohyun smiled a little before swatting his hand away from his tie and fixing it up for him.


Sohyun tried not to laugh at L.Joe and he glared at her.


"Don't laugh" 


"Too late" Sohyun said as she laughed.
"Is he here?" Sohyun's mom asked and smiled when she spotted L.Joe.
"I'm Lee Byunghyun. Thank you for inviting me, Mrs Kwon" L.Joe introduced himself to Sohyun's mom with a gentle smile.
Sohyun was so shocked to see this side of L.Joe but she found herself smiling as they walked into the living room.
Sohyun watched with a smile on her face as L.Joe introduced himself to her family.
L.Joe was left to sit down with Sohyun's dad and brother while she, her mom and grandmother went to get dinner ready.

Sohyun can’t help but feel a little uneasy leaving him alone with her dad and brother but her mom gave her a nod as they went to the kitchen.

“He seems like such a nice young man” her grandmother said as she got the side dishes ready.

“Muhh” Sohyun replied simply.

“He seems respectful as well” her mom added.

“Yeah” Sohyun said.

“Do you really like him?” her mom asked suddenly making Sohyun stop what she was doing.

“Of course I do mom!” Sohyun said.

“We just want to make sure that you are marrying him because you like him and not because you feel like it is your duty” her grandmother said.

Sohyun smiled and said “I’m not doing it because I think it’s my duty”

I’m doing it for our financial benefit.

-o-

By the end of dinner Sohyun’s family was all over L.Joe. Jiyong and L.Joe were practically becoming best friends. Their interest in music was similar and they both had interests in writing. Sohyun was smiling as she watched her brother and L.Joe interact.

“Well, it’s getting late. I should get going” L.Joe said as he stood up and everyone stood up.

“Thank you for having me today. I had a really good time” L.Joe said bowed respectfully.

“Well, I’m sure Sohyun can walk you out” Jiyong said and pushed Sohyun towards L.Joe.

“Oppa!” Sohyun whined.

“No whining in front of your soon to be husband” Jiyong teased Sohyun who blushed while the others laughed.

L.Joe could only laugh nervously as he watched the siblings argue.

“Let’s just go!” Sohyun said and pulled L.Joe by the hand and walked out.

“Sooo, you can like, let go of my hand now” L.Joe said awkwardly and Sohyun blushed as she let it go.

“I’ll come pick up tomorrow so be ready by 6” L.Joe said.

“For what?”

“You are meeting my family tomorrow”

“What?!”

“I’m not too excited about it either honey”

Sohyun blushed at the nickname and L.Joe smirked at her reaction.

“I’ll see you tomorrow babe” he said as he started tugging at his tie again.

Sohyun blushed again.

“Stop calling me weird things” she said and swatted his hand away again and undid the tie for him.

“Go home safely idiot” Sohyun said before turning away and walking towards her house.

“I’ll babe!” he yelled back at her before getting into his car.

Sohyun turned around and yelled “Stupid jerk!” just in time for him to hear and he found himself driving away with a smile plastered on his face.

Hi! And sorry for the short chapter but I'm getting ready to go back to college for my final year so YAY! No, not really, I'm miserable! TT_TT But that won't stop me from updating. The chapters may be short but I will keep on updating! I promise! Anyway, leave a comment and I swear I'll update soon! Bye-um!