Chapter 5

Love, Family and Money

“Jerk” Sohyun muttered to herself as she made her way home.

“Jerk! Jerk! Jerk!”

“Funnily enough, you are going to marry this jerk”

Sohyun froze.

“Will you stop following me!”

L.Joe smirked and said “Nah, it’s too fun to annoy you”

“Ugh! Whatever!” Sohyun said as she walked away from him.

L.Joe laughed out loud before yelling at her “See you at the wedding shorty!”

That hit a nerve in Sohyun who then turned around and yelled “You’re not that tall yourself either jerk!”

-o-

She drove to places.

She didn’t know where she was going.

As long as it’s far away from him, I don’t care.

Gayoon told herself.

She didn’t need this anymore. He could figure this out on his own. He was better off without her anyway. Gayoon’s grip around the steering wheel tightens. Her phone rang and she looked at her phone which was on the passenger seat.

She saw Junhyung’s name and ignored it.

-o-

When Junhyung got home early for once there was no sign of Gayoon. He saw that the breakfast was still on the table. He thought maybe she might have gone out with friends but when he went to her room to get a change of clothes all her things were gone.

-o-

Sohyun got home and was once greeted by her mom.

“How did it go? Was he ok?” her mom was throwing her all these questions making her head spin.

“Give her some space mom” Jiyong said as he came out with two mugs of hot chocolate and passed her one.

“Thanks oppa” Sohyun said with a smile.

“How was he?” Jiyong asked as he raised an eye brow.

“Oppa!” she whine.

Their mom laughed as she looked at them and then said “But seriously. Did you like him?”

Sohyun thought about it for a while. Originally she was going to lie but she thought the truth might work better.

“Yeah”

“Really?” both Jiyong and their mom questioned her.

Sohyun smiled and nodded. He was ok, she didn’t feel like she would have to tolerate him. Maybe they could get along.

-o-

“I hope you left a good impression”

“Yeah, yeah” L.Joe said and carried on going upstairs to his room.

“You also better stop seeing that girl you call your girlfriend” Hyori added which made him stop.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“Oh dear brother, I know everything” Hyori said with a laugh.

“Whatever!” L.Joe replied and went to his room.

When he reached his room the very first thing he did was jump on his bed and lay down facing the ceiling. He thought back to his day and found himself smiling at the thought of Sohyun. He then shook his head.

“What are you thinking now Lee Byunghun?” he questioned himself.

“Thinking too much” he muttered to himself as he turned to his side.

He thought about the way she smiled a little.

“Way too much”

“Lee Byunghun come down stairs right now!”

L.Joe sighed as he sat up straight and then went down stairs. When he got down stairs his dad, step mother and sister where there waiting for him.

Oh great what have I done now?

“Sit down” his dad said sternly.

His tone was so serious that L.Joe selt a shiver down his spine and knew not to joke as he sat down.

“I just received a call from the Kwon family...they said their daughter has agreed to the marriage”

I knew it was for the money.

“Well done, you did leave a good impression” Hyori said.

“Well there are some things I just can’t mess up” he said.

“Whatever you did, you did it well” his dad said.

“Now they want to meet you” his step mother said getting straight to the point.

“W-what?” L.Joe choke on air.

“And we would like to meet her” his step mother added.

“W-what?!” L.Joe choked on air again.

“We would like to meet out future daughter in law and they would like to meet their future son in law”

-o-

Sohyun was running around the house cleaning and making sure everything was in place.

“Sohyun-ah! Are there fresh flowers in the vase?!” her mom yelled.

“I don’t know!” Sohyun yelled back.

“Why is everyone was stressed out?” Jiyong asked.

“Your brother in law is coming!”

“What?!”

“Now go put on some clean clothes!”

“Fine, fine, fine” Jiyong said and left for his room as he grumbled to himself.

“I don’t understand why we are even doing this” Sohyun said to herself as she went to the kitchen and put some finishing touches to the food and made sure everything in the living room was clean and in the correct places.

As she sat down she heard the door bell ring and she could feel her family’s panic while she just laughed.

“I’ll get it” 

Hi guys! Soooo...did you like this chapter? If you did do leave a comment. Looks like Sohyun and L.Joe are getting married! Yay! BUT what about L.Joe's girlfriend? Or does he even have a girlfriend? No, I'm not implying anything...or am I? No, I'm not really. Anyway please leave a comment and I'll update soon. Also I made a blog post about the list of social medias you can stalk follow me on and if you post links to your profile or pages in the comments of that blog post I will stalk follow you back so you can check that out HERE! Anyway, don't forget to leave a comment and I shall update soon. Ciao!