Chapter 4

Love, Family and Money

When Gayoon woke up Junhyung was already gone like always. Like every other day, there was breakfast ready for her on the dining table but this time she ignored it. She wasn't going to acknowledged his gesture.

He can rot in hell.

She told herself as she left the dining room and went back to her bedroom and grabbed an empty suitcase and grabbed her things and just stuffed it in. She didn't even care if her clothes got wrinkly. Gayoon was packing up her makeup and jewellery when she spotted a necklace.

Gayoon was packing up her makeup and jewellery when she spotted a necklace.

She felt a silent tear roll down her eye.

It was her birthday and she wasn’t expecting much for her husband who she was married to for a week only. She thought he wouldn’t even know.

Gayoon was in her bedroom (as Junhyung slept on the couch) when Junhyung came in. Gayoon looked at him but didn’t know what to say since they were so awkward for the very beginning.

“Happy birthday Gayoon-shii” Junhyung said shocking Gayoon.

Gayoon looked at him with a shocked expression but Junhyung smiled a little.

“How did you know?” Gayoon asked.

“I would lie...but my mom told me and got you this telling me to tell you that it was from me” he explained.

“Oh...”

“I’ll put it on for you” he said walked behind her and gently placed a necklace around her neck.

At the time Gayoon didn’t feel anything for him so it didn’t bother her to know that it was his mother who was behind it all. Gayoon’s grip around the necklace tightens to the point her hand was shaking and her knuckles went white.

She had slowly started to fall for him but he showed no signs of returning the feelings. It had almost been a year since their marriage but still nothing had changed other than her feelings for him. She sighed and left the necklace on the dressing table.

She got out the divorce papers she had already signed and left it next to the necklace.

-o-

“I know it’s just the money you want so I’ll willingly marry you as my parents’ won’t accept me marry my girlfriend anyway so if I marry you then that will be one complaint I won’t have to listen to” L.Joe explained.

Maybe it was for the best. She would pretend to love him for her family. She didn't like seeing her family like this and she had to do something about it. Seeing her brother work so hard made her believe that her marriage to L.Joe would be the only thing that would save her family.

Sohyun's fists tighten.

"I hope you understand my conditions about this marriage” he said.

Sohyun looked up but before she could say anything he left her alone. Sohyun sighed and stood up. Looks like her date was over.

I have to pretend.

Sohyun sighed again as she left the restaurant and slowly made her way back to her house. She was in no rush to get back home because her mom was bound to ask for details so she was going to need to make something up,

Maybe the park again.

She made her way to her favourite park where she sat on her usual bench and brought out her sketchbook again and started to draw whatever came to mind. She was so into in that she didn’t realise that someone was looking over her shoulder.

“Is that supposed to be me?”

Sohyun literally jumped a mile at the voice.

Sohyun hadn’t realised that she had somehow started to draw L.Joe.

“What are you doing here?!” Sohyun half screamed at him.

“I was coming back to tell you that we had to spend some time together or our parents will suspect something, but I saw you leaving so I followed you” he said simply as if there was nothing wrong with what he had just said.

“And you found nothing wrong with just following me?” Sohyun asked him while glaring at him.

L.Joe thought about it for a while and said “nope”

“So...is that supposed to be me?” L.Joe asked again.

Sohyun blushed and looked down at her sketch and nodded. L.Joe smirked and took the sketchbook from her.

“Hey!” Sohyun yelled at him and tried to snatch it back.

He ignored her and looked at his portrait. He gave a satisfied smile and nodded.

“I look good” he said with an arrogant smile.

“Don’t blow your own horn! Now give it back!” Sohyun yelled at him.

Again L.Joe ignored her and started to flip through the sketchbook. He saw small sketches of different places but there were no portraits of others. There were sketches of this park itself but no portraits...his was the only one there.

“You have talent” he said.

She looked at him with a shocked expression on her face at the compliment.

“But I think this one is the best” he said and pointed at his own portrait making Sohyun blush and look down towards the floor.

Seeing her reaction he smirked.

“Here” he said and handed the sketchbook back to her.

“Thanks” she mumbled.

“When you are talking to someone look at them” he said as he faced his hand under her chin and lifted her face up so their eyes met.

“And speak loud and clearly”

Sohyun blushed as they found themselves lost in each other’s gaze. 

Hi everyone! OMG! Did you guys see Teen Top's MV for Rocking?! I absolutely loved it! Althought I wished L.Joe had more parts but I still love the song and the video! My Changjo looked awesome! I had a "kyaa" moment when I saw Changjo *le drools*

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter please leave a comment. Also thanks to eveyone who left a comment for the previous chapter! Bye!