Chapter 10

Love, Family and Money

Gayoon wondered around alone. She was staying at her family’s holiday home by the beach. It was a good thing that the beach was a private property...she could cry freely. She didn’t have to worry about other people seeing her as her parents had given her the place as a wedding present.

Another reminder...no matter where I go, there is always something to remind me of him.

She smiled bitterly.

“Maybe, I should go to the city instead”

And so she did. She grabbed her purse and her car keys before driving to the city where she would be far away from the holiday home.

-o-

Changbum and Sohyun were walking around the shopping mall as Minwoo and Jiwon had dragged them but then they had left them.

“Where are they?” Changbum asked in frustration.

“Probably being all lovey dovey somewhere” Sohyun said with a giggle.

Changbum stared at Sohyun as she smiled. Once he realized that he was staring he shook his head and mentally slapped himself.

What are you doing? This is L.Joe’s girl!

No, she isn’t...he left her REMEMBER!

It’s still not a good idea!

“Changbum...Changbum...hey!” Sohyun waved her hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his mental war.

“Oh, sorry” he said.

“It’s ok, we all space out once in a while...” Sohyun trailed off as she saw a familiar figure.

“Oppa! Let’s go in there”

L.Joe laughed and agreed and when he looked up he met Sohyun’s gaze which made him stop. Changbum noticed and tried to drag Sohyun away but it was like she had been stuck to the ground.

“Oppa!” the girl next to him whined.

“Alright, I have an idea” Changbum said before he waved at L.Joe and called him. He then dragged Sohyun and himself towards them while he tightly held Sohyun’s hand. Changbum could practically feel L.Joe burning holeds through him with his glare.

 “How you doing L.Joe?” Changbum asked L.Joe as he squeezed Sohyun’s hand and she forced a smile.

“Fine” L.Joe said coldly.

“Who is this oppa?” the girl asked L.Joe.

“This is my friend Changbum and...” L.Joe trailed off as he didn’t know what to say.

“This! Is Sohyun!” Changbum said “Your boyfriend’s wife”

Sohyun’s eyes widen while the girl next to him laughed.

“Ah! The girl you told me about, about how annoying she was and how she is a burden”

Sohyun almost burst out laughing.

“Me? A burden? I’m sorry, last time I checked your dear useless boyfriend was the burden!” Sohyun had snapped and had returned to her real personality.

“Hurting people’s feelings, abandoning people...all a pain in the ” Sohyun spat and Changbum stared at her amused.

“What’s your problem?” L.Joe’s girlfriend asked Sohyun.

“My problem? No, no, no. I thought he was my problem but apparently he is yours! Whatever your name is” Sohyun said as she waved her hand.

“For your information, L.Joe is a fantastic boyfriend and my name is Suzy, Bae Suzy” she introduced herself.

“He may be a ing fantastic boyfriend but clearly he is a really crap husband!” Sohyun said before stalking off.

Once she was a good distance away she felt herself shaking but someone put a comforting arm around her.

“It’s ok, I know you’re angry” Changbum said.

L.Joe just stood and stared at where Sohyun had walked off.

That girl is something else.

-o-

“Sohyun-ah...let’s talk” was the text she got from Gayoon once she was in a cafe with Changbum and Minwoo and Jiwon had also caught up with them.

Changbum and Sohyun had kept quiet about what had happened earlier.

“I have to go meet a friend...you can go home without me” Sohyun had said but Changbum had insisted on waiting for her so he waited for her at the car park of the shopping mall while she went to meet Gayoon.

Gayoon had smiled at Sohyun but it wasn’t her usual smile. It somehow looked lonely.

“I heard the commotion...is something wrong?” Gayoon asked.

Sohyun shook her head but Gayoon could see right through most people.

“He already has a girlfriend, unnie...but I stupidly married him anyway thinking I could keep myself from liking him and now I’m afraid...what if I do fall in love with him” Sohyun poured her heart out as she cried.

Gayoon smiled sadly and grabbed her hand.

“I know how you feel...Junhyung is the same way. He doesn’t have a girlfriend thought so it must be much harder for you” Gayoon said soothingly.

“Junhyung oppa?” Sohyun questioned.

Hi everyone! I know I say this all the time but sorry for the late update...I was so busy! Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Also, I hadded Suzy to this story! Everyone knows who Suzy is right? But here is a pic of her anyway!

Anyway, please leave a comment and I'll update as soon as I can. See ya!