Chapter 1

Love, Family and Money

Sohyun woke up to the sound of her older brother arguing with their parents. Sohyun sighed as she got out of her bed and tied her hair before leaving her room to see her grandmother standing in front of her parent’s room.

“Morning halmoni” Sohyun said and her grandmother looked at her with a tired smile.

“The same argument is it?” Sohyun asks and her grandmother can only simply nod.

“Let’s go make some breakfast halmoni” Sohyun says and the two of them go to the kitchen.

“He can’t find a job and he doesn’t want to marry...what are we going to do Sohyun?” her grandmother asked.

“Oppa really likes writing...maybe he should write a book” Sohyun says.

“It’s not that simple...” her grandmother trailed off.

“I know halmoni and that is why I’m going to get married to a rich guy and provide for you all” Sohyun said and gave her grandmother a back hug.

“Yah! Don’t joke about things like that! I want my grand-daughter to marry the one she loves and not the one she has to” her grandmother said.

Sohyun just laughed.

“Oh, you are awake”

“Morning oppa”  Sohyun replies to her brother.

“Jiyong, sit down. Breakfast is ready” their grandmother says.

“Yes halmoni” he says with a smile.

“I’ll go call mom and dad” Sohyun said before leaving the kitchen.

-o-

“Yah! You are such a disgrace to the family!”                      

“I’m sorry!”

“Lee Byunghun, you really want to die don’t you!”

 “Dad!”

“Stop making scandals! It’s not good for the family’s name!”

“Stop scolding him. You aren’t gonna change anything in him”

“I can’t believe he is my son”

L.Joe just laughed.

“You, stop laughing”

“Sorry mother” L.Joe bowed towards his step-mother.

“And you. Stop scolding him. It’s not like he will change...he just has to get married”

“But who would marry this idiot? He is a disgrace to the Lee family!” his dad snapped.

-o-

“Why do you always space out?” Gayoon asks Junhyung who doesn’t hear her so she sighs again.

Gayoon looks at the ring on her finger.

This marriage was always one sided...after all it was an arranged marriage.

Gayoon sighs again.

I could stand up and leave and he wouldn’t even notice.

“Junhyung-shii” Gayoon calls him and waves her hand in front of his face.

“Huh? What?” Junhyung finally answers.

“Time to go home, Junhyung” Gayoon says and stands up.

“Oh...ok” he looked in front of him to see that they hadn’t even ordered anything.

“We can go and eat ramen at home so let’s just leave” Gayoon says coldly before leaving.

-o-

Sohyun smiles at her almost finished drawing and adds some final touches before closing her sketchbook. She then stands up and stretches.

“Sorry to intrude but can I see what you were drawing just now?” a girl asks Sohyun.

“Ah..er...it’s not that good but sure” Sohyun says with a smile and gives her the drawing.

The girl looks at it and examines it carefully before handing her the book back.

“It’s good but more practice would make it even better” the girl says with a kind smile.

“I want to take art lessons...” Sohyun said more to herself.

“You don’t have to take lessons to improve” the girl said with a smile.

“Hyori noona! What are you doing over there?”

“Ah! I have to go now. It was nice meeting you” the girl who Sohyun assumed was named Hyori said before leaving.

Sohyun caught a glimpse of who she assumed was her brother. He had blonde hair and his eyes looked like they had seen some horrible things.

Yay! First chapter is up! Whoop! I can tell lots of people were excited for this and I was really happy so I decided to post this chapter up as soon as I had finished posting the last trailer up. Which reminds me please do check out all three of the trailers. They can be found in the discription of this story :D. Anyway, thank you everyone who has subscribed and left a comment. Please leave a comment again :D

Bye for now and I swear I'll update soon!