009

Maid For You

It has been a week since, Chaerin had started working at her savior's mansion and it was almost entirely clean. A few rooms needed some more work, but other than that it could all be cleaned by the end of today. 

Chaerin had woken up extra early this morning. It was Saturday, and she wanted to get more supplies and food. 

After washing up, she went down the stairs and found Luhan crashed out on the couch.  He must have not made it to his bed, she thought. She walked closer to the couch and found empty beer bottles near him. She sighed contently. 

His hair was disheveled and a few buttons of his shirt were undone.  

She picked up the empty beer bottles and disposed them. Then she went back to Luhan and lightly shook him, "Ahjussi." 

There was still no response. He must have drank heavily last night. This would have been the first time, since Luhan usually goes to his room after work. This time she shook him harder. 

"Ahjussi." She called a little louder this time. 

Then Luhan began to shuffle on the couch. He let out a tired groan, "Ahjussi?" 

Chaerin backed away with a flustered face. She wasn't sure what to call him, she didn't even know his name. 

He slowly lifted himself off the couch . He felt a raging headache come. He pressed his palm onto his forehead, "I'm not much older than you." 

Chaerin did not respond. Instead she went into the kitchen. She remembered that she put all of Luhan's medicines in the cabinet next to the sink. She opened it up and found the pain relief medicine.  She also went to another cabinet and reached for a glass cup. She filled it with water, grabbed the capsule of pills and brought it to Luhan. 

Luhan was now sitting on the couch. His hands were gripping the edge of the cushions, as if it would reduce the pain he was feeling in his head. His eyes were shut but he heard the clinking of glass being set on the coffee table in front of him. He opened his eyes to the sight of a glass filled almost to the top and a capsule of pills. His eyes then wandered over to his digital clock hanging on the wall. 7:30. 

"Why are you up so early?" He asked after downing two pills and the glass of water. 

"I planned on going to the supermarket to get more food and supplies. Then after that, I will continue to clean the house." She said as she picked up the glass and the capsule of pills. 

Luhan nodded, "Do you need money?"

Chaerin paused. 

"You know, to get the supplies." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. He opened it and pulled out some bills. He handed it to Chaerin. 

She took the bill politely, "Thank You,... sir?" She was still unsure how she should address him. She never had the time to discuss it with him since he came home late every night while she was sleeping. 

Luhan almost chuckled at her reply. 

"Um, what should I address as?" She  questioned politely. 

"Just call me Luhan," He said with a smile. 

"Okay." She bowed lightly to him before turning around, but then stopped in her tracks when something else came to her mind, "Would you like something to eat before I go. I was planning on making you something after I got back."

Luhan shook his head, "It's fine, I'll wait until you get back." 

She nodded in understanding and bowed to him again before leaving. 

That was the first conversation she had with Luhan since she started working at his house. She hadn't expected him to be kind and polite. Taking in the fact that he was very persistent in getting her to work here.  He kind of surprised her. 

But what remained a mystery to her was why he always came home so late. She knew that he worked at Exo Tower, but she never knew the specific field of work he does. However, no one knew what goes on inside of Exo Tower. 

 

Luhan decided to head back to room to sleep some more but was disrupted by his doorbell. He groaned and slowly walked to his advanced screen and saw Chen waiting to let him in. 

Luhan rolled his eyes and pushed a button to let him in. 

Chen marched through the door and looked around his house. He nodded in approval, "This house looks a lot better than what it did before." 

Luhan ignored what he said and glared at him, "Why are you here so early?" 

"I deleted all files of Cho Chaerin from the system just in time." Chen said and walk further into the house. "Wow this maid of yours is doing a great job keeping things clean. We should celebrate tonight!" 

Luhan frowned at Chen, "Celebrate? Celebrate what?" 

Chen plopped down on one of the luxurious couches in Luhan's living room, "You know, the bankrupting of TS, Bang Yongguk raging like hell, and you finding the perfect maid." 

Luhan was debating to himself. To be honest, celebrating did not sound like a bad idea. It would clear his mind of all the that was happening in his life. "Where would we celebrate?" 

"We could have a good party at your house, or we could go clubbing." Chen recommended as he the flat screen HD TV.

"I'll think about," He headed up the stairs, "I'm going to take a shower." 

Chen flipped through the TV channels. Nothing was on at this time of the day. He made himself comfortable on the couch. After flipping through some more channels, he settled for the regular news broadcast. 

 

Chaerin made it into the supermarket. She hadn't made a list of all the things she needed, so her mind was jumbled in what to get first. She got a cart and started to go down the aisle. She grabbed essential vegetables and meat produce. She then went by the snack aisles. She picked a few ramen packages. Then she got some snacks for Luhan in case he got hungry. 

As she was about to go into one of check out lines, she saw a tall dark haired boy that looked an awfully a lot like Jungkook. She adverted her eyes to avoid him as much as possible. Knowing him, he would question her about her whereabouts. It was best to end all contact with him all together. 

After paying for all of the groceries she looked at the cart. It was way too much to carry herself. She would have to call a taxi. 

Before walking out of the store, she turned around to make sure Jungkook had not caught her. He was no where in sight. She let out a sigh of relief before pushing the cart the door. 

She pushed cart near the road. Once she spotted a taxi, her hand shot out to the road. 

She bowed to the Taxi driver and piled all of her groceries into the trunk of the car. She got into the back seat. 

"Where to go, miss?" The taxi driver asked. 

"Uh, I'll tell you the directions." She said. She didn't know the exact address of Luhan's house, but knew the way. 

Before the driver took off, the back seat door opened. 

"Chaerin!" 

Jungkook had stepped into the taxi. 

Chaerin's eyes widened. She had made sure she was out of Jungkook's sight. 

"Oh where to, sir?" The taxi driver said, a little befuddled by Jungkook's sudden appearance. 

Jungkook pulled out his phone and handing it to the driver. 

The taxi looked at it and passed it back to him, "I'll take this young lady to her destination first then-" 

"Ah no! You can take him first, I'm in no hurry." Chaerin insisted. 

The taxi driver nodded and started to get onto the road. 

Chaerin avoided eye contact with Jungkook and looked out the window. 

"Chaerin, you don't work at the chicken shop anymore. Why did you quit?" Jungkook asked. 

Chaerin knew that she was bond to run into him one day. Instead of telling him the truth, she decided to lie, "I got a better job." 

"Doing what?" 

"Oh... uh, janitorial service at  this company my uncle works for." She said making sure to avoid all eye contact with him. 

"Where do you live? I don't see you at that place anymore." Jungkook was careful with his words. He knew that Chaerin didn't like it when people found out she lived in a bath house. 

"I live with my uncle and his family now." Chaerin said nonchalantly, trying to sound as casual as possible. 

"In Seoul?" 

Chaerin nodded her head. Not once did she look at Jungkook. He noticed it, however. He knew she was hiding something, but decided not to urge on the subject any longer. Instead he inched his hand closer to hers. 

Soon he grabbed it and held it tightly in his hands. 

This action caused Chaerin to look at Jungkook. Instead of instantly turning her head away. She studied his face, which was covered in cuts and bruises. 

"Jungkook," She whispered. Her voice was full of concern and worry. 

"Noona, don't worry about it. Just got into some fights at school." Jungkook smiled at her.

She sighed, "You shouldn't get into fights."

Jungkook tightened his grip on her hand, "I know." He looked out the window and noticed that he was nearing his destination. "Noona, did you get a phone yet?" 

Chaerin shook her head, "Not yet." 

Jungkook pouted but then his face lit up. "Ahjussi, do you have pen and paper?" 

The taxi driver shuffled things around until he found what Jungkook requested for. He handed it back to him. 

Jungkook hurriedly wrote his number down on the paper. He handed the pen back to the driver and grabbed Chaerin's hand once again. He slipped the piece of paper in her hands, "This is my phone number. Once you get a phone, promise me that I'll be the first person you call, okay?" He made an OK with his fingers to emphasize his cuteness. 

Chaerin couldn't help but smile and mimicked his gesture, "Okay." 

The taxi driver came to a stop, "We're here." 

Jungkook paid the driver. Before, he stepped out of the car, he held Chaerin's hand and pulled her closer to him. His arms enveloped her, "Hope to see you soon, Chaerin." After releasing her, he placed a sweet kiss on her cheeck. Then he stepped out of the car. 

He waved to Chaerin, before the car took off.  He watched as the car got further away from his sight. 

The door behind him opened. 

"Jungkook?" A voice called from the door.

 Jungkook turned around and smiled, "Hyung! I got what you wanted."  

 



aye! So story stays the same... lol