012

Maid For You

Luhan waited for Chaerin to wake up. He sat in sofa chair next to where she rested. He watched her sleep, while his colleagues roamed about the house. 

"What do you think happened to Cho Aiden?" Kris asked as he made his way into the living room. 

"I believe that Cho Aiden pissed Bang Yongguk off by taking out his investment. Now he wants to know where that money is and it looks like Cho Aiden wasn't going to tell him." Luhan said, still watching Chaerin sleep. 

"Where do you think he put the money?" Kris furrowed his eyebrows. 

Luhan pulled out his phone and searched for Cho Aiden's death. He looked for articles that might have written about him leaving any wills or notes. He shook his head, the victim couldn't have possibly written any notes from the time of his death. The victim probably knew that Bang Yongguk was going to look for him and hurried to put the money somewhere or rather give it to someone. 

Luhan's eyes directed to Chaerin again. the only living member of his family was Chaerin. "He gave the investment to Chaerin." 

"That means Yongguk is going to search for her." Kris said and looked to Luhan with uncertainty. 

Luhan shook his, "No, we deleted all traces of Cho Chaerin from all records. She's basically doesn't exist." 

"You know Bang Yongguk always finds a way to get the information he needs." Kris cautioned. 

"For now, we have to make sure she's safe." Luhan heard shuffling from the couch. 

Chaerin rose and yawned. She noticed Luhan in the living room along with an unfamiliar male. She rose up and bowed to Luhan and the unfamiliar male. "I'm sorry for waking up this late."

"It's fine." Luhan sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Do you need anything?" Chaerin asked after she noticed the distressed look on his face. 

"No, I'm fine, just go was up or whatever." Luhan waved his hand in a lazy manner. 

Chaerin nodded and turned to the unfamiliar man, "And you, sir? Anything?"

Kris shook his head and thanked her for her consideration. He watched her flee up the stairs, "Are you going to tell her that her father died?" 

Luhan sighed, "I don't know, honestly I don't think she wants to have anything to do with her father."

"What makes you say that?" 

"She wouldn't be on the streets, she wouldn't be having to work at low paying jobs, or staying in bath houses. And she would most definitely not be here if she was a 'Daddy's girl'." Luhan wondered. Something must have happened between her and her father. It must have impacted her enough for her to leave home and never return. 

"If Chaerin has the money, then why is she working for you?" Kris questioned. 

"Her relationship with her father must not have been good. She probably doesn't want anything to do with him. Maybe that's why she doesn't want his money." Luhan interpreted. "But the money is not important. The important thing is too make sure no harm comes Chaerin's way." 

Kris nodded, "I'll tell the others." 

 

Chaerin was greeted by ten other males. Some she recognized vaguely from Exo Tower. She wondered why they were suddenly gathered in Luhan's house. 

She went into her room and began to wash up. The house was completely cleaned. She was relieved that her job will become easier and less work extensive. She rotated her neck and heard the popping of her bones. 

She went into the bathroom and did her regular routine. 

After that she slipped into some blue jeans and a hoodie. She didn't have much of a variety to pick from since, she only took what she could carry when she left her father. She has thought of sneaking into the house and getting some of her belongings. However, she always decided against it. The thought of her father always brought an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach that made her sick. Even if she did go back, she never had a stable place to stay. Those belonging would only drag her down. 

Now that she was staying with Luhan for an uncertain amount of time. She felt that she should probably get some of her stuff. She looked at the clock, 11:30. She was certain her Dad must be at work even if it was a Sunday. He always worked on Sundays. 

She slipped into her worn out red converse and walked out of her room. As she walked down the stairs, she was greeted with twelve pairs of eyes. She avoided them as they made her uncomfortable. She looked at Luhan, "Do you want to eat anything? I was going to head out to get some things." 

"What things?" Luhan asked. 

"Some things" Chaerin answered. She didn't want him to know exactly where she was going.

Luhan was annoyed with her vague answer.

"I left some of my belonging at my friend's house. I just want to get them." Chaerin said, glad that she was able to come up with an excuse. 

"Let me come with you." Luhan said as he started to  head for his keys. 

Chaerin's eyes widened, "No, it's okay. I can go by myself." 

Luhan grabbed his keys and looked at Chaerin, "I'm bored, just let me come with you." 

Chaerin didn't want to upset her boss and complied. 

"Go in the garage and wait for me there." Luhan ordered. 

Chaerin nodded and left the kitchen. 

Luhan turned to his colleagues, "You guys go, and look up locations of Yongguk's whereabouts. Once you get them, notify me." The eleven of them nodded and left their leader's house.

He went to the garage and saw Naeun gaped at the amount of cars he had in there. An amused smile appeared on his face. He unlocked the car to his black Mercedes Benz. "Get in that one."

 

"Where is the place you need to go?" Luhan asked as he pulled out of his driveway. After pulling out, he pressed a few buttons that indicated his house to lock all doors, windows, and gates. 

"I'll tell you the directions." Chaerin played with her finger tips. She nervous being in the car with Luhan. Despite his baby face, he was intimidating. Ever since she started working for him. She rarely spoke any words to him and better yet, rarely even saw the man. She felt awkward when he as around. It surprised her to see him at home when she woke up. 

"What exactly did you leave at your friend's house?" Luhan asked.

"Just some clothes." Chaerin responded.

After leading him to the right house, Chaerin felt nervous about entering. She hadn't been inside the house since her mother died. Seeing the house brought painful memories to her.

Luhan scoped the perimeter of the house before killing his engine. Both him and Chaerin stepped out of the car. They neared the house and Luhan felt for his back pocket to make sure his gun was in place. He always carried it around just incase, along with a switch blade. 

Chaein open the door with her keys. She kept inside and made sure it as silent before she went any further. 

Luhan examined the house, and saw many pictures of Chaerin and two other adults. he came to the conclusion that this was her old home. She lied to him but he wasn't angry. He kept a close eye on Chaerin as she walked into her room. 

Most of the house was tidy, meaning that Bang Yongguk's men haven't tried to raid the house yet. However, Luhan knew that they soon will. It was the best for them to hurry and get Chaerin's things and get out as quickly as possible. 

 


 

I'm back! It's been an eternity since I have updated! I'm sorry! I was just super busy with everything going on this year. I didn't totally abandon asianfanfics which is good. I still like to write. I just haven't had the time to sit down and write. I was reading my past chapter in this story and OMG CRINGE!! It . hopefully my next updates will be less cringe worthy and whole lot better. 

Anyways can we talk about how lit kpop was this year? Definitely made up for last year. 

Thank You for reading!