You Are The Only One

Hydrangeas Bloom

Seohyun

It’s been four years since we parted ways for the sake of our dreams. Now I had successfully finished my studies and was going back to Korea to answer for a fashion-designing offer in a clothing company. I was really excited as the dream I’ve been working hard for was finally going to come true.

“This is the captain speaking. I would like to inform you that we will be landing shortly---“ the captain said through the intercom.

“Home. I’m going home.” I mumbled and, without realizing, a smile crept up my face as I turned towards the window to see the view of my hometown from above the clouds.

For four years I’ve been trying to console my homesickness. For four long years I’ve been holding myself from bursting into tears because of the absence of the one that could make me feel comfort. Everytime I was on the verge of tearing up, I would look at the promise ring around my finger, and my sadness would go away instantly. It was the promise that kept me believing.

As the aircraft landed safely, I went straight to the baggage claiming zone. Just as I was about to pick my luggage, my phone rang. I took out my phone and the name appearing in the screen lit my face up even brighter than the shiny small screen.

Yeoboseyo?

“It’s me, Hyun~”

Oppa!!” I couldn’t help myself as I hysterically jumping around in happiness that I received glares from people around. I was just so happy to hear his voice.

“Hahaha, let’s greet up properly when we meet. Anyway, I called you because I forgot which gate will you be coming out from…”

“Aish, oppa. You don’t change at all!” I jokingly said to him. “You’re always forgetful. I told you to note it down before,”

Mian, Hyun eomma. It’s my first time going to really see you in a long time and the first thing I got is Hyunnie scolding me,”

“It’s okay, Yong choding. I just really miss nagging at you,”

“Me too, Hyun~”

“I’ll text it to you so you won’t forget it, alright? See you later!”

Arasseo, Hyun. See you!!”

After I hung up, I still couldn’t get over the blissful feeling of finally being so close to him, even before I met him. I walked in the middle of the crowd bearing no care whatsoever to the looks people gave me like I was some kind of a mental patient. The ear to ear smile on my face just stayed that way.

Before going out of the gate I decided to buy coffee for both me and Yonghwa oppa. As I was paying on the cashier, I noticed something in the magazine racks. There was Yonghwa oppa on a cover of a magazine, but…

Beside him was a girl.

And the cover story title said, “CNBLUE’s Jung Yonghwa and Park Shinhye dating scandal?”

I rubbed my eyes a few times. There was a pang in my chest when I saw the word ‘dating’. Even though it was just a rumour of a scandal, my feelings couldn’t lie. It hurt, but I tried to compose myself and positively thinking that it was only a rumour. A rumour is just a rumour.

As I got out of the arrival gate, I went straight into the arms of the first person I saw that mattered in front of the gate. I held on to him so tightly, absorbing the warmth and scent of his body that I had been longing for in the past four years. My heart beat like it was going to burst. Dugeun dugeun.

“Hyun~ I’ve missed you so much,” he pecked my lips.

“Me too, Yong~ it’s been too long,”

His smile got wider as he examined me from head to toe. “You’ve grown so much. You’re very ladylike now.”

“Really? I was too busy to notice the change in myself. But on the other hand, you’re not changing at all!” I poked him playfully.

“What can I say? I’ve always been really handsome. I would feel bad to the other idols in the country if I were to grow even more handsome.”

“See? Yong choding doesn’t change. But I like it. You’ll always be my choding.” I pulled him again for a hug.

“Hahaha, I promise I will always be the best choding in the world only for you.” He smiled showing his teeth. “By the way, Hyun. Can I take you somewhere first before going home? Well, if you’re tired then I’ll just take you straight home.”

I wondered what place he meant. I was actually tired, but I wanted to spend some more time with him.

“Um, I think I can manage for another trip,” I smiled to him. “Besides, I don’t want to part with you so soon…”

“Okay Seohyunnie if you’re fine with it. There’s just something important I must do.”

Important? I wondered what it was. Then it somehow hit me that it could be about what I saw earlier on the cover of the magazine. I wanted to ask about that magazine ever since we left the airport, but I just didn’t have the heart to ask. I kept looking for other topics to talk with him in his car, but the picture of him and a girl on that cover of the magazine kept flashing in my head. From what I saw and felt so far, it has been very blissful meeting him again. I didn’t want to ruin that feeling.

He drove further into the city, away from home direction. I kept guessing in my head what place he could be bringing me to. Is he taking me lunch? Is there a surprise he prepared for me? I could only guess until he slowed down his car in front of a tall building and drove inside the basement parking lot of the building. The building looked like that of an entertainment company building. Could it be that it was the enternainment company he, and CNBLUE, worked under?

After he parked his car, he got out of the car and rushed towards my door.

“Come on, Hyun~” he said as he opened my door and reached out a hand for me.

“What is this place oppa? Is this the entertainment company CNBLUE worked in?”

“Yes. For now, don’t ask many questions. You’ll see later,” He just smiled and pulled me along as we went inside the building.

Once we got the building, there seemed to be a ruckus somewhere in the building. I didn’t know what it was nor where the crowd was but I heard a lot of noise and voices of people in one place.

As we went further inside the corridors of what seem to be convention rooms, I saw a familiar warm smile from a familiar woman. It was oppa’s mom.

“Aww, look at you, Seohyunnie. You’ve grown. Oh, how I miss you so much.” She embraced me with motherly warmth.

“Mrs. Jung, I’ve missed you too!” I buried myself deep inside her embrace.

“Ahem. I guess I’ll leave you guys for now. Mom? You got the timing, right?” Oppa said with a serious look on his face.

“I got it, Yonghwa-ya. Don’t worry just leave it to me.” His mom gave him a thumb up.

“But where are you going oppa?”

“You’ll see. Just stay here with eomma and follow what she say, okay?” he leaned in and kissed my forehead before going into a room which sounded so crowded. I guessed it was where all the commotion I heard a while earlier.

“Mrs. Jung, what is it exactly? Why does it look like there are so many people in that conference room?”

“You’ll see, Seohyunnie. You’ll be entering the room soon.”

“What do you mean?”

She just smiled and turned to the slightly opened door. I wanted to peek in but she kept me away from the door. After sometime, Mrs. Jung peeked in through the door gap and slightly nodded. She then turned to me.

“Come, Seohyunnie. It’s time,”

I didn’t know what to do so I just followed her lead. She pulled me into the room and let me go once I got inside. Thousands of flashes of light blinded me the moment I stepped into the room. The crowd of people inside suddenly burst louder at my late appearance in the room, as if they had been expecting me to come in for a while. I couldn’t see clearly because the flashes of light kept attacking me and didn’t leave me time to recover. I felt lost among the loud noise from the crowd. I couldn’t see nor hear anything because of that until someone took my hand.

I opened my eyes and met Yonghwa oppa’s eyes. Suddenly, all the flashes and the ear deafening noises inside the room didn’t matter. I didn’t feel lost anymore as Yonghwa oppa had found me.

As I recovered from the temporary blindness, I gasped at the sight before me. A crowd of journalists and reporters of various news companies filled the whole room, while in front of the room were me, Yonghwa oppa, an ahjussi that was somewhat familiar, and another one was the man whom I recognized to be oppa’s manager. And then it hit me like a thunderbolt. It was a press conference!

“As I have said, I am here to clear things that the rumour of me dating actress Park Shinhye is not true. I am here to proof it.” Oppa said to the crowd only to make it grow louder with questions.

He turned to me who was still frozen and puzzled at the situation. “Hyun~ just smile and tell them who you are.”

I swallowed. I tightened my grip of oppa’s hand. Although I was shocked at first, I knew what I had to do now. The world needed to know that Jung Yonghwa is taken.

Annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed to the crowd. “Seo Joohyun-imnida. I am the four-year-going-five girlfriend of Jung Yonghwa and we are deeply in love.”

The crowd went crazy. I began to regret what I just said, but I told my self not to. The world needs to know the truth so that people won’t make any false rumour about anyone all they like.

“So, that being said, I guess that’s all from us. We’ll take our leave now. Thank you!” Oppa bowed to the audience and pulled my hand along as we ran outside the room away from the angry mob.

As we ran like our lives depended on it, I could hear the crowd of angry, curious, story hungry mob chasing us. When we took a turn towards the back of the building, the noises from the crowd went silent.

“I think we’ve lost them,” I told him.

“Not for long. We have to keep running,” he pulled me closer to him and put his arms around me without slowing down.

We met the double door that was the emergency exit of the building. When we opened the door, I saw oppa’s car already nicely parked outside the door. On the right side of the car, stood three good-looking young men whom I always been a fan of since high school.

Oppa!!” I screamed at the three nicely groomed boys.

“Nice to see you too, Seohyunnie,” Jonghyun oppa showed his dimples-showing smile.

“We’ll talk later. You guys should go now,” Jungshin said to me and winked.

Hyung! Here!” Minhyuk threw the car key to Yonghwa oppa.

Before I could say much to them, Yonghwa urged me to get inside the car. I heard the noise of the crowd was getting closer so I got inside the car without second thoughts. As oppa just started the engine, the mob of disappointed and angry journalists came out of the same way we did. I yelped and unconsciously slapped oppa’s arms.

“They’re here! Hit the gas!” I told him panickly.

“Hang on, here we go!” He stepped on the gas and we sped away, leaving the journalists with only a bit of story to write about.

As we got further away from the building, our minds and bodies relaxed. I was going to yell at him for not telling me anything about a press conference and made me do all the run-like-hell part but I didn’t because I had no regrets from it. I was glad today happened. I didn’t let go of his hand because of it. In fact, I felt good about myself. I was proud of me, of him. Of us.

I took a glance at him who was focusing on driving the car. He looked more mature and more dependable, even though he was always been choding in the inside. He looked really awesome. I put my palm on my chest to feel the heart beat that was going wild, not only because of the exercise we just did but because of being so close with the one I love.

Jung Yonghwa, you’re the only one who can make my heart race, my stomach flutter, my head go up in the clouds. The only person I want to spend the rest of my life with. You are and will always be the only one.

 

-------------------------------

Author's note:

Annyeong readers!

First of all, I'm sorry to have you wait for over a month for an update :( really sorry

Second, I'm sorry for the sudden time-skip. I kinda lost my outline that I made long ago so I decided to skip some as long as it's still tolerable...well, I hope you guys think so...mian...

Third, I stated in the subs feed last time that it left with one more chapter so it supposed to be this one, but actually no coz I missed this chapter when I wrote the last chapter...so, uh, the last chapter would be the next update...

Anyway, thank you guys so much for the support, the time you make to read this awful writing of mine >< , the comments that always get me motivated to keep writing, and all the upvotes and subscribers and even loyal readers/commentors xD thank you so much!!

So that's all for this chap...please look forward to the ending ^^ 

gamsahamnida!