Love at First Sight

Hydrangeas Bloom

Yonghwa

I opened my eyes at the ray of the sun that beamed through the window inside my room. I checked the table clock. It was 10 minutes until class started. I got up and rushed to the bathroom to wash my face. There wasn’t time to shower, so I changed to my school uniform and put some cologne, picked up my bag then stormed out of the room.

“Here, take your toast,” Mom was waiting downstairs in the dining room. She had gotten used to see me wake up in the last minute like this. She said she wouldn’t wake me up because she wanted me to be more responsible.

I took the bread and put it in my mouth. “Thanks, Mom,”

I got on my bike as soon as I went outside the house. It took at least 12-15 minutes to get to school by bicycle, so it would need some extra effort in order to get there in less than 10 minutes. I tried to keep my bread in my mouth as I sped through the street. Fortunately there wasn’t any traffic as it was only around 6.50am.

I got caught on the traffic light. As I was munching my toast while waiting for the green light, I heard someone calling my name from behind me.

“Yonghwa oppa!”

It was a girl’s voice. I wanted to see who it was but I couldn’t afford to lose sight of the traffic light and lose my chance to rush off when it hit green. Still, I felt bad for pretending to not notice her.

“Yonghwa oppa!” there she went again.

The light turned green. I pedaled off to the school’s direction. I checked my wristwatch as I sped through the streets. 2 minutes remaining. I can make it.

Ya! Yonghwa oppa!”

There she went again. I finally turned my head. It was Seohyun.

Ya, oppa! Did you wake up late again?” She asked while trying to keep up her bike with mine.

“Ah, Seohyunnie. You know me so well, don’t you?” I laughed and turned my head forward. Then I realized something and turned my head back again. “Why are you here anyway? Don’t tell me you woke up late, too.” I chuckled.

“A…aniya!” she denied. “Ah, well, kind of. My alarm clock’s battery ran out and I forgot to change it. Aaah, jeongmal! What could be worse than this?”

“It’s really not like you at all to be clumsy like that. You’re always prepared for anything before it even happens. Are you alright?”

Gwaenchanhayo, oppa. Let’s just focus on arriving at school on time.”

“Ah, geuraeyo!” I almost forgot that we were rushing.

By the time we arrived at the front gate, the gatekeeper was already starting to close the gate. We slid through the gap while the gate was closing. We parked our bikes and ran like hell to our classes.

“Seohyunnie, see you later!” I said to her as we parted.

“See you too, oppa!”

Seohyun and I were in the 3rd year of S.M. High School. I was in class 3-3 whereas she was in class 3-1, the special class of those whose academics were above average. Seohyun was a transfer student. She transferred here from Seoul in the 2nd year and since then has shown an exceptional academic skill, which was the opposite of mine. She was a shy, a bit introvert, smart, innocent, and beautiful girl. I first met her in her first day of school here. I was late, as usual, and entered the class when the teacher was introducing her in front of the class. Afterwards, she was assigned to take the seat beside me. And since then we became close friends. And even though we were in the same academic year, she was a year younger than me. Just like I said earlier, she has an exceptional academic skill.

When I arrived in front of the door, I could hear the class was about to start. After three knocks on the door and teacher’s approval to come in, I opened the door. The first thing I saw was a girl standing beside teacher in front of the class.

Time slowed down as she turned to face me. My stomach felt weird. My head was spinning. Her jaw-length brown hair seemed to shine away everything in the room. My body froze in place. Her eyes mesmerized me. Her smile suffocated me. Her slightly below-average height made her look even cuter. She then waved her hand and spoke.

Annyeonghaseyo, Taeyeon- imnida.”

I was melting inside.

 

Author's Note:

Here is the first chapter :D I think it's a bit short, eh? Well I apologize for it, hopefully I will make longer chapters afterwards >< as I stated in the foreword, this is my first fanfic ever, and I'm sorry if there's any mistake as English is not my first language hehe

I really do hope that you enjoy reading my first fanfic >< let me know what you think hehe

Gamsahamnida ^^

Update: Changed the title of the chapter.