Practicing

Cold+Hot=?

The next day Taeyeon woke up early to called Yoona about Jessica. Early morning is the only time she could speak freely remembering Jessica is a sleeping princess. Taeyeon yawning and rubbed her face. She look at Jessica’s serene face for a while and smile gently. She caressed Jessica’s cheek and sighed contently. She kissed Jessica’s nose gently and looked at her lovingly. After a while she remove Jessica’s hand from her stomatch and get up. She took her phone and walked to the balcony to make the call.

“Hello?” Yoona answer groggily. Taeyeon felt guilty when she heard Yoona’s sleepy voice. She knew she has disturbed her dongsaeng’s sleep but she needed an advice quickly.

“Yoong, I’m sorry to disturb your sleep but I need your advice.” Taeyeon said apologetically to Yoona.

“No no no, Unnie. I’m not felt disturbed at all. What is it that you need my advice about?” Yoona asked in a firmer tone now.

“Hmm.. Jessica confessed her feeling to me yesterday.” Taeyeon said. “What?!” Taeyeon hear Yoona’s suprised answer. Taeyeon chuckled and said,” Yeah, that’s what i said in my head when i heard it. And before you asked my answer, I’ll tell you. I didn’t reject her feeling but I can’t said that three words back to her. i’ve asked her to be my girlfriend but she reject my offer saying that she won’t be my girlfriend if I can’t say I love her back. And in the end I told her my life history and trauma.”

Yoona now sitting on her bed, eyes open wide and all her sleepiness has vanished. “Okay, I know that she has feeling for you but I didn’t expected her would be this fast in making her move. I understand you reason for telling her your history considering you have to explained the reason you can’t say you love her back. but tell me, how do you really feel about her? I mean, few days ago you said you didn’t have feeling for her and accepting the engagement because of Uncle Jung but now you’re telling me that you asked her to be your girlfriend. If I don’t know you, I will say that you are playing with her feeling.”

Taeyeon laughed at Yoona’s blunt answer. This is what she likes from Yoona, she would told her what her thoughts honestly. “I know, Yoong. I’m not playing with her heart. I know this feeling, the feeling of falling in love. I like everything about her and I think my feeling is far stronger than hers. I’m scared but elated at the same time. You know how I’m becoming a coward when someone expressed their feeling to me. That feeling has came back when Jessica confessed. I’m afraid to give her my heart but imagining Jessica with somebody else painde my heart so much.”

Yoona sighed and bite her lip. She understood Taeyeon’s trauma. She’s been in Jessica’s position. Asking for Taeyeon to love her, not as a lover but as a family and it takes a long time to Taeyeon could finally open her heart. Jessica would be in one hell of trouble to get Taeyeon to say that three words. Yoona that has been Taeyeon’s friend for years never heard she said it so how could Jessica make Taeyeon said it in a small amount of time? She needs tons of patient.

“Unnie, I’m going to say that Jessica unnie needs a lot of patient and efforts to get what she wants. Not that I’m complaining but you don’t even say that three words to us. If you’re afraid to losing her than you need to over your trauma quickly and say what Jessica unnie wants. I know about your trauma but i must say that Jessica unnie worth it. She isn’t like your first love or your family. She won’t leave you and she always mean all the things she said. If she said she love you then she is. Learn to say it, Unnie.”

Taeyeon nodded her head while listening to Yoona’s advice. She admitted that all Yoona’s words are right. She will learn to say it. Started by her friends. “You’re right, Yoong. I will learn starting now. I love you, Yoona. I love you my dear dongsaeng. Wow, it’s not that hard after the first time. Hahaha... Am i doing it right, Yoong?”

Yoona stunned when she heard Taeyeon’s words. She could feel her heart warmed and her eyes taery. “Wait for a minute, Unnie.” Yoona get out from her bedroom to call all the members. Coincidentally all members has a sleepover at Yoona’s house last night. Yoona want to share this good news and ofcourse boasting about how Taeyeon said that three words to her as the first one  among them. When everyone has concious and gather, Yoona put the phone on the speaker and said,” Yeah, that’s how you say it. Just, maybe with a little more feeling?” Yoona said trying to made Taeyeon said the three words to her again.

Taeyeon could feel her cheek warm. She is still learning to getting used to the feeling of saying it. She inhale a big amount of air and thinking all the things that Yoona has done for her. She smile and said,”Yoong, I love you very much. I don’t know what would i be without you and all our friends. Although i never said it outloud, I’m always grateful. Everyday I thank God to send me his eight angels to this unworthed person. So, once again I’m gonna say, I love you from the buttom of my heart, my sister.”

Taeyeon could hear silent for awhile then a ruckus next. She could hear couple of people sobbing and she could hear Yoona yelped. She could also hear Yoona’s phone being snatched.

“Gaaaahhhh! Taenggoo!!! I envy Yoona! How could you say that three words to her first? I thought we’re dandyu?” Taeyeon hear Sunny whinning in her aegyo voice. “Tae Tae! How about me? We’re Taeny! You should’ve called me! I love you, Tae Tae!” Tiffany said. “No! Me first! No, Me!!!” The next one Taeyeon can’t hear clearly because everyone screaming on the phone.

Taeyeon dosen’t know why but she felt happy. She felt giddy because by her friends action right now, she could feel the love that they had for her. Taeyeon waited until the situation calmed. She had a feeling that all the members are there. And if it is true, someone would snatched the phone and knocked some sense to them, someone called ‘Hyunnie’. True to her instinct, few minutes later she heard subtle sound like the phone snatched and the members whinning Hyunnie’s name and then a complete silence.

“Hello, Unnie?” Taeyeon heard Seohyun said. “Hi, Hyunnie. Thank you for your help and I love You, Hyunnie. You are the only one that could handle their craziness. Thank you for always be someone that i could rely on.” Taeyeon heard Seohyun silence for a second then said,” I Love You too, Unnie. You don’t have to thank me because you have gave me more than i could give you.”

“Taenggoo? This is Sunny. Now is my turn, c’mon say it say it!” Taeyeon chuckled when she heard Sunny’s eager voice. “Sunny Bunny, I love You. I love you for always being happy and lifted my mood whenever I’m down. Thank you for being the energy pill of the group. And please tell everyone to stay silent for awhile because i wanted to say something important.”

Taeyeon sighed in satisfaction when she hear the silence that she wanted. “I love you all. You gave me love that my parents and sibling couldn’t give. All this time you have been my friends, family, lover, and teacher. Thank you for being patient and never give up on me. Thank you Yuri for being my bestest friend, thank you hyoyeon for being my fun buddy, thank you Sooyoung for being the wise one wlthough you never show it, thank you Tiffany for always being affectionate to me. You are the one that taech me that being afectionate to the ones we love is a good thing. I love you all and I’m sorry for not being expressive enough.”

“Awww.... We love you too, Taeyeonie/Unnie/Tae Tae/Taenggoo!!” Taeyeon heard all of them shout then all of them including Taeyeon laugh happily. After awhile the phone back to Yoona.

“Unnie, I’m sorry for the madness. I just wanted to boast to them about your love confession to me but it ended up you tell them all.” Yoona said guiltily.

Taeyeon chuckled and said,”It’s alright, Yoong. I’ll just take it that I’m practicing to say it and it’s so much easier than I thought. Maybe if I have believed in Jessica’s love more then I could say it freely. By the way, I have another reason to called you this early. I wanted to tell Jessica about our mission. I don’t want to keep any secret from her if I want to start a relationship. All the secret will be told including the engagement.”

Yoona silent for a while and said,” Are you sure unnie? What would you do if Jessica unnie take it the wrong way? What would you do if she angry and felt that your love for her is a fake? What would you do if she thought you use her feeling just to complete the mission from Mr. Jung?”

“Ah, right. I don’t know about that but I must tell her about the project that Mr. Jung assigned us. I will tell her that the Dookong company never exist and Mr. Jung called us just to change his daughter.” Taeyeon said firmly.

Little that Taeyeon knows, Jessica has awaken and listening behind the door. Jessica furrowed her brow and had a troubled expression on her face.