Jessica & YoonYul

Cold+Hot=?

One morning inside a meeting room. *Thud* Sound of a report thrown on the table. One manager stand shakily looking down at his foot. He doesn’t has the gut to look at the director. It’s not that the director has an ugly face. She is a gorgeous woman but has a deadly stare that right know directed at him. The director never shout but because of her calmness, the employe fear her more.

Jessica tapped her finger on the report and look at the manager. “If I remember correctly, I ask a marketing planning for our new product. We are producing a new gadget for youngster. I expect something unique or fun or seductive but the one that you made here is an idea that fit for eldery. Are you sure you are a Harvard graduated? Of course every person has their flaws but your flaws make you unfit to work as marketing manager. Expect a demotion letter this afternoon. I wonder why our employe standard getting lower and lower each year. You could leave now and take this useless report with you.” Jessica said flatly.

She watch the manager hurriedly take the report, bow his head and walk almost sprinted to the door. Jessica shake her head and ask her secretary to enter the room. “Tell me all my schedule for today.” Jessica order him. The secretary hastily open his note book to find the schedule. But because of his fear to his boss, his hand shaking and he couldn’t open the page correctly. Sweat formed on his face because right now Jessica has show him her flat face. Jessica sighed and crossed her hand.

The secretary knows his time to work as the secretary almost come to an end so he kneeled and bow deeply at Jessica. “I’m sorry, director-nim.  I have the schedule here but my hand shaking so much that I couldn’t find..”

Jessica raised her hand as a signed for him to stop blabbering. She open her hand asking for the notebook. The secretary give it to her immediately while still kneeling. Jessica open the notebook and found her schedule immediately. “Hmm.. So I’m free for today after the meeting with my father. Alright you could get up and bring this notebook with you.” Jessica give the notebook and getting ready to meet her father.

When the secretary reached the door, Jessica called him. “Don’t forget to go to the Human Source Department.” The Secretary nodded his head and asked Jessica. “Do you want them to find a new marketing manager?” Jessica nodde her head. “Well, that too. But the important one is looking for my secretary and you have to tell them your demotion as a cleaning service staff.” The Secretary’s mouth and eyes open wide disbelievingly. He thought he has saved.

Jessica wear her blazer and walk to the door. She look at her now former secretary and said,” You better hurry up because the cleaning service staff's slot is almost full. You will be jobless if you late. Step aside, I need to meet my father.” Jessica said all of it with a flat tone and stoic face like it is an everyday things to do, well she fired employe almost everyday so it is an everyday thing for her.

Jessica arrived at her father’s office and ask the secretary to announce her arrival. Mr. Jung acknowledge her and ask her to go inside immediately. Jessica bowed and greet her father. “Good morning, President-nim. I heard you ask me to meet you. What could I do for you?” Jessica called her father president-nim since she worked for her father. She spend almost all of her time in company and when they are in company, they will call each other by the title. Jessica too used to called her father president-nim that she would feel awkward to called her father as Daddy.

“Good morning, Director Jung. Sit down please, I have something to discuss with you.” Jessica nodded her head obediently and sit. It’s not that Jessica and her father doesn’t like each other. They just feel awkward to each other if they didn’t talk about work. Mr. Jung slide a document to Jessica and gestured her to read it. Jessica review it for a while and shake her head.

“This is a hopeless case. We should just close it down and open a new one. They never made profit all year, the financial report is lacking in many ways, the cost to repair it will be too much and I think it is worthless.” Jessica state her opinion. She then look at the company name and it shows ‘Dookong’. Jessica snicker mentally thinking how stupid It sounds.

Mr. Jung nodded his head agreeing with Jessica’s opinion. Mr. Jung clasped his hand together and said,”That’s true. Objectively that’s the right thing to do but this company has emotional value to me and I want you to help them to success again. Think of it as a challenge from me. You won’t back out from challenge, right?”

Jessica think about it for a while. She look at her father and said,” What’s the catch? You said it is a challenge, then what will I gain from it? I’m busy enough managing our company.”

Mr. Jung look deeply at his daughter and said,” I will fulfill a wish. Anything that you asked as long as it is possible and not criminal, I will granted it.”

Jessica look at her father interestedly. “Alright, I accept your challenge but I want the prove of your word written and make it legal.” Mr. Jung nodded his head and open his drawer. He showed Jessica a statement about his word and has been legalized. Jessica look at it and raised her brow. “You have guessed I will take your challenge.”

Mr. Jung nodded his head. “I won’t be a successful businessman if I lose a negotiation. The project start tomorrow. I give you three months to finish the project. All that you need will be provided. I will wait for the good news.”

Jessica stand up and shake her father’s hand to seal the deal like other business agreement. Jessica excuse her self and go to her office to arrange a plan. This is a little hard to do but there’s no impossible in her dictionary. Besides, what would happened there other than another lazy employee. Right?

---------------------

Jessica arrived at the Dookong with confidence. She knitted her brows, she has looked for information about Dookong all night but she can’t find anything other than on the document her father gave her. It looks like she would need a little more extra effort for this problem. She needs to gather information about Dookong in the morning and made the plan in the afternoon. Tomorrow she will execute the plan and she is sure in one month the company would be recovered. Basically all that she needs to do is fired all unnecessary employee.

Jessica park her car and get out of the car, she look at the company’s exterior and frowned. The building structure more like a big house and it painted with several colours. She shake her head and walk to the entrance. There are two woman guards standing stiffly and has a serious  expression. They look a head without blinking. They wear a green army clothes and combat boots. On their waist there’s several things that Jessica guess would be weapons. Jessica nodded her head approvingly. Well, at least the guards do their job correctly. She walk to the guard and saw their names are Yoona and Yuri. She stand in front of Yoona and another shocking things greet her.

A normal army would have stars or bars to show their rank but in front of her instead of stars, there are four peas in a pods on her shoulder. She look at her waist and instead of weapons, she found jelly worm and other snacks. Jessica turn to the other guard and she has the jelly worms too but instead of more snack, she found ma. She found no weapon on their body, not even a baton. Jessica found it absurd. She faced Yoona and asked her.

“Excuse me, I need to speak with the leader of this company.” But to Jessica’s dismay, The guard continue looking a head without blinking, ignoring her presence. Jessica thought the guard is daydreaming so she snapped her finger in front of the guard’s face and successfully make her blink. Suddenly the other guard dancing a kabb dance while shouting ‘I won’ repeatedly while the other one grabbed her hair frustatingly and pout. She look at Jessica with sad doe eyes and said,” I almost win the competition but you have to make me blink. Now I have to drink that yucky ma juice and give her one of my snack. Meanie!”

Jessica flushtered by the accusation. Competition? What competition? I only saw them standing there a head. And an idea struck her head. Don’t tell me they have a blinking competition, the one that blink first would lose. Oh my God, this company giving me headache.

Jessica look at Yoona coldly and said,” As a guard, you should do your job properly or the security of the company would be in danger. I don’t regret my action to stop your childish competition. Now, I don’t have time. I want to meet your leader.”

Yoona and Yuri hug each other on the shoulder and whisper,” Omo, we have another Seohyun but ten times upgraded. She is stiffer, colder, more boring, and more beautiful. Well, al least she has one good point. Let’s do our standard procedure then we could try another competition when she left.” They look at each other and nodded their head. They straightened their pose and look at Jessica with a serious guard expression.

Yuri look at Jessica and said,” I’m sorry, miss. Whe have policy that you must make an appointment if you want to meet our general or you have to had the same rank as her, which is five dookong. I don’t see any dookong at you so that means you are a commoner. Please call and make an appointment for tomorrow. Now, if you excuse us, we have something to do.”

Jessica shocked by this absurd guards. She almost lost her coolness but she composed her self and said,” I’m a director from Jung corp main office. The president ordering me to inspect this company. Now tell your general I have to meet her or your company would be closed down immediately.”

Yoona and Yuri look at Jessica weirdly for a second and then laugh out loud. They clunch their stomatch while laughing. Yoona wipe her tears and said,” Yeah right. We never received any letters from the main office. If you are a director then we are a special team made by the president.” Then she continue laughing.

Jessica clench her hand and turn around to walk to her car. It is true that she didn’t bring the order letter from the president. She thought she won’t need it. On her second step, she heard Yuri called her. “Hey, miss. Because you have made us happy, we could give you an opportunity to meet the general as long as you could answer our question. Don’t worry, it’s just a general knowledge.”

Jessica look at her skeptically but walk back nonetheless. “Alright, what kind of question?”

“Alright, we would give you three chances to guess. The question is, what kind of food that the general eat because she have to not because she love it?. A, Jelly worm, B, Ice cream, C, Marshmallow. You could guess within one minute.”

Jessica furrowed her brow. What kind of question is that.” The answer is Jelly worm.” Teng! “Then Ice cream.” Teng. Then the answer is Marshmallow.” Teng Teng!

“General loved Jelly worm and Ice cream so this two answer is wrong. Marshmallow is a wrong answer too because general didn’t even know about it. Hahahahaha…”

Jessica realize she has been fooled and finally she explode,” YAH!!!!”

Someone saw all of it and write the whole thing on her notebook. “Hmm.."