Feelings

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

 

I was literally fuming when I got home. Is it that difficult to let me make some decisions on my own? I’m an adult for goodness sake. I didn’t know he was so controlling. If I had known, I would have signed that stupid thing to be his girlfriend for 3 months.

 

Sitting on my working desk, I took out my drawings and started to continue with my designs. This is my only way to bring my attention on something other than that annoying person. By the time I was done, it was close to 3am. I was dead if that idiot found out.

 

Wait. Why will he? Not like he’s stalking me or something. I decided it was enough for the night. I washed up and head to bed, not knowing what kind of nonsense will come up the next day.

 

“Boss, your roses. It’s coming more frequently nowadays.” Seohyun said as she placed it on my table. I noticed it too. It used to only come once in a few days or once a week, but it’s practically appearing everyday now. What’s going on? Especially when I have no idea who this blue roses person is. What if he’s a stalker? That’ll be real creepy

 

5 minutes before lunchtime, there was a knock on my door and in peeked Seohyun and Sulli. “Boss, Want to go get lunch together? There’s this new restaurant down the street. It looks good. Sulli and I are going to go check it out.” Seohyun said.

 

“Alright. Give me 1 minute.” I said as I saved all my documents in my desktop.

 

“Boss, are you really dating the billionaire?” Sulli asked, earning a death glare from Seohyun.

 

“Take it easy on her Seohyun. She’s just curious. Yes I am.” I said.

 

“That’s so cool! Our boss is so beautiful and attractive that Seoul’s most sought after bachelor is her lover!” Sulli was practically jumping around.

 

“So does this mean he’s the one who’s sending those blue roses?” Seohyun asked, working her genius brain once again.

 

“I don’t know who’s the one sending me those roses. It’s not him.” I said.

 

“Woah boss, you are so high in demand!” Sulli started her excitement once again.

 

Lunch was good. Sulli was practically a reporter who’s asking me questions about everything. But it’s fun to have lunch with them at least it’s not lonely like eating alone in my office.

 

There was an hour more before the meeting is going to start, so I decided to grab a drink before heading back to the office. The both of them decided to head back to the office to prepare for the meeting first. I went to Starbucks and got myself a Caramel Frappuccino. This should be able to last me till the meeting ends. I hope we won’t be there for too long a time.

 

“Soobin.” I heard my name being called. I know who does that voice belong to. Why now of all time?

“What do you want? I’m working.” I said, trying to not get to aggrivated. I really need to let things go sometimes.

 

“I want you to stop being angry. We’ll have dinner together tonight and solve this.” Hyukjae said through gritted teeth.

 

“That doesn’t sound like it’s a request. It’s an order.” I looked at him in the eye, challenging him. He really has to stop being so demanding.

 

“I want to make this work ok? It would be hard if we don’t stop getting angry at each other.” He said, running his hands into his hair.

 

“I have a meeting and I don’t know what time it’ll end. I cannot promise you anything. Don’t you dare interrupt my meeting. Or else.” I said before walking away. I don’t care if he’s a CEO of the top companies in Seoul or if he’s a beggar on the street. I have morals and values that I hold onto and if you choose to ignore it, then I’ll ignore you.

 

During the meeting, many of the designers came up with designs that were really good. However, not very practical for wearing, however, after some amendments it would be fine. I did a total of 3 drawings last night. Hopefully it would turn out fine. In my anger, I just drew and drew without thinking much my hands just moved on its own.

 

“Woah! Team leader, your design is amazing. It’s sharp and bold. Were you angry when you did this?” Alexander said, causing the whole room to burst out in fits of giggles and laughters.

 

“Apparently I was. What do the others think?” I asked and they all gave positive comments. Saying that it was a fresh breath of air. After the designs, we discussed about the showcase happening next week. Some of them offered to help out alongside with Seohyun and Sulli. It was good experience especially for those who would start their own brands in the future.

 

“Seohyun, could you give me one more invitation card?” I asked her, before someone screams at me for not inviting him again.

 

“Who is it for boss?” she asked.

 

“Lee Hyukjae.” I said and she nodded, trying to hide her amusement. That idiot is making me look like a fool in front of my staff. That idiot. Seohyun passed me the invitation not long later, with his name written neatly on the envelope. She is really efficient. I had actually wanted to continue doing my work, but looking at the invitation, it reminds me that Hyukjae asked me for dinner. Am I suppose to give him an answer or something?

 

I took out my phone from my purse and notice I have countless missed calls and messages from Mr. one and only. I was thinking if I should call him back or give him an answer. I was too tired to go anywhere now. I just want to head home and rest. I decided I should just look at them when I get home, so that I have an excuse to not meet him.

 

I kept my things and left the office. Most of the designers have already left. It was mainly the few head designers left in their offices. I headed down to the carpark to get my car home. When I drove out of the building, I saw a familiar someone at the front of the office building. It’s Lee Hyukjae. What’s he doing out here? I took out my phone, wanting to call him when I saw his messages, which I didn’t open and see.

 

‘I didn’t want to bother you about your meeting since I realized it’s really important to you. I’ll wait for you downstairs. – Hyukjae’

 

Oh my goodness. I looked at the time when he sent that message, it was sent at 5.30pm. It’s already 8pm now. He’s been waiting for over 2 hours? What crazy thing is he doing? The weather is so cold today. That idiot. I drove my car to stop behind his car and got out.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked.

 

“I was waiting for you. I sent you a text. Since you respect my decisions I made for you, I came to a conclusion that I should also respect your decisions you make for yourself.” He said.

 

“You must be cold. We’ll go somewhere else to talk about this. Is my house ok for you?” I asked and he agreed.

 

As it was turning winter, the weather is starting to turn really cold. It was about 7 degrees today. He must be crazy. I slightly the internal heater to make the room slightly warmer for him. I got him a cup of warm water as well so that he can warm himself up. Even though he’s trying to look strong, he will fall sick if he’s not taken care of properly.

 

He sat on the couch, trying to get a hold of himself. However, it seems that that cup of warm water did the trick. I placed my things in my room and I came out into the living room to see something I did not quite expect. Sitting on my couch was not the billionaire, but rather a boy.

 

“I’m sorry to have made you wait that long. The meeting lasted for some time and to be honest, I didn’t want to deal with this and I wanted to make things difficult for you for once.” I said, feeling guilty for what did. Hyukjae didn’t say anything but just kept quiet unlike his usual self.

 

“It’s fine. I said I’d wait” Hyukjae spoke up after a few second of silence, which felt like hours. I didn’t know what to do but fiddle with my fingers since it was awkward. The house was quiet and it was just the both of us.

 

“Are you hungry?” I asked since he wanted to have dinner together but I guess it’s difficult to dine out now at this time.

 

We ordered chinese take out. I don’t know if he likes eating this kind of food, but since he didn’t say much when I asked him we can only eat it. When the food arrived, I placed it on the table 2 bowls of Jajangmyun and a plate of sweet and sour pork.

 

“I hope the food suits your taste.” I said as we took a seat on the chairs. He looked blankly at the food, seemingly odd.

 

“Sometimes I really do think you look down on me.” He said with a slightly bitter laugh.

 

“What?” I said in disbelief in what he had just said. Did I hear wrongly?

“I maybe rich but I I’m not born under the rock. I’m not like those rich men you see on the television. I’m human and not an actor. I have feelings like everyone else. Why do you leave me out an arms length like I know another?” He spoken in a tone that left me shocked. I have never seen him like this. No matter how angry he was, he was never like this.

 

“Hyukjae, I…” I didn’t know what to say. He’s making me guiltier than I already was by leaving him out in the cold for so long.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said, controlling my voice as I stood up, wanting to leave him alone and have some time alone. As I walked past him, he grab hold of my hand. I can’t look at him. Not when I’m in this state. I felt like he was blaming me for the bad thing I’ve done.

 

“Look at me Soobin.” I can’t do it. Not now.

 

When he realized I wasn’t going to do so, he got up slowly, holding me in place as he came in front of me. With my head down, I can only see his well-polished shoes. He placed his hand on my chin but I shook my head.

 

“Look at me, please.” He said as he tried again and made me look at him. Tears were running down my face. I must look so ugly right now. He’s going to regret choosing me to be his girlfriend for 3 months. He pulled me into his embrace and wrapped his arms around me. Even though he didn’t say anything, tears just kept coming and it turned into a sob. I grabbed the lapel of his jacket and cried.

 

He guided me to the couch and we sat down when I had stopped. I looked at him and he looked at me. At that moment, I felt something within me which I know is forbidden. He looked at me with such intensity in his eyes as he leaned forward. I did the same unknowingly and our lips touched. I didn’t know how long we had been going on, but the ring of the doorbell snapped us awake.

 

“Could you get that please?” I told him as I went into my room to tidy myself up. I was in a mess.

 

When I returned, the food was cleared from the table and Hyukjae took off his jacket and it draped on one of the chairs. Neither of us spoke for a good full minute.

 

“I think I should leave. I’ll come get you in the morning.” He said as he stood up. I nodded my head and walked towards him to send him off.  At the mere few steps towards in the door, I felt his hand glide into mine, holding warmly onto mine.

 

End of Soobin’s POV