Trip

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

 

When I opened my eyes, all I see was white. What happened? I tried to sit up but my head hurt so bad. I looked around me to find myself in an unfamiliar place. Where am I? I wanted to get off the bed, but what caught my eye was the bag with a tube connected to my arm. Am I in the hospital?

 

The curtains drew open and I saw a familiar figure. Lee Hyukjae. His eyes were wide in shock and he looked tired and worn out.

 

“Hyukjae? Am I in the hospital?” I asked and he nodded his head before sitting down on the chair beside me.

 

“Why am I here? What happened?” I tried to remember but it made the trobbing in my head worst.

 

“You and Yunho got into an accident. Because of Yunho’s training, the both of you are able to get out safe with minimal injuries.” Hyukjae said.

 

“Can I go home?” I asked since I didn’t like this place. Hospitals don’t really bring back the best memories for me. Hyukjae stood up and left, which I presume he went to check if I could go home.

 

“After you’re done with the drip you can go.” He said as he sat back down. He didn’t look too happy but he wasn’t angry either.

 

“Are you ok?” I asked as he looked at me. He just looked without saying anything. He moved the chair closer to the bed and placed one of his hands on the bed. I placed mine over his, feeling that it’s the right thing to do. We just sat there in silence, waiting for the drip to be done. However, unknowingly, I fell asleep.

 

When I woke up, my head was no longer throbbing. I found Hyukjae asleep on the chair beside the bed. I didn’t know if I was to wake him up or was I suppose to wait for him to wake up. However, I really don’t like this place. I just want to go home. To an environment that I am comfortable with.

 

While I was thinking, I didn’t realise Hyukjae has stirred and woke up. He looked at me and finally I snapped awake and realised what was happening.

 

“I hope you didn’t tell Donghae what happened.” I said as if Donghae knows, it means Haemin will also know and if she knows, she won’t be able to holiday in peace.

 

“I didn’t tell him. I thought better not to. Anyway he doesn’t have to know everything.” Hyukjae said as he drove me home. Yunho had to stay in the hospital for a day as the doctors wanted to do a more through check on him as his injury seem more severe than mine.

 

Hyukjae insisted that he’ll stay over to make sure I was fine even though I told him I was perfectly fine.

 

“I just want you to know I’m very grateful for your presence at the showcase today. I guess you made it more successful.” I said since I didn’t know how to thank him.

 

“It’s my duty as your date.” As he said it, he finally smile. He was all gloomy and dark the entire night after the showcase ended.

 

“Thank you Hyukjae, really.” I said  as I entered my room and he leaned on the door ledge.

 

“Would you go away with me?” He asked all of a sudden.

 

“Go away?”

 

“Out of Korea, to somewhere for a short getaway.”

 

“I’m on leave for the week so I guess why not. I’m going to bed Hyukjae, Goodnight and sweet dreams.”

 

The next day, Hyukjae and I went to the Hospital to visit Yunho. Since he was still in the hospital, we’re going to go pick him up. Hyukjae is a nice boss in my view. He never treats Yunho unjustly. Not that I have ever witnessed before.

 

“How are You Yunho? Hyukjae told me you save my life.”

 

“It’s nothing ma’am. It’s my job.” Yunho answered, not knowing where to look since it was really quite an awkward position to be in.

 

The doctor discharged Yunho soon after. Hyukjae got him to stay at home and rest for a few days while the both of us went for a ‘date’. Nowadays, I feel that this relationship or this contract doesn’t seem like a contract but rather, it feels like this is real and everything we did was natural. There was no script, no nothing. The things we said and the things we did came from the bottom of our hearts.

 

“Where would you want to go?” Hyukjae asked.

 

“Some where relaxing, not so much bustling around.” I said as Hyukjae drove us somewhere for lunch.

 

“How about Bali?” Hyukjae suggested and it was perfect. A nice summer country where we can get away from all the spotlight.

 

“I think you might want to see this.” Hyukjae passed me a copy of today’s newspaper. The headlines of the entertainment news: BILLIONAIRE LEE HYUKJAE IS ATTACHED?!

Billionaire Lee Hyukjae, the most sought after bachelor seems to be attached. Reporter from Fashion Designer, Park Soobin’s fashion showcase reported to spot Lee Hyukjae coming in with the designer and in the finale, he came on stage and gave her a full fledge kiss in front of all the audiences.

Lee Hyukjae started out his own company at a young age and it only took him one year to be where he is standing now, at one of the top places in Korea. He was never witnessed to be with a girl in any public situations. Even with a partner, it was never more than a friendly gesture.

What caused the shock was he seems to have been dating her for quite sometime due to their close interactions and his presence at her debut showcase.

 

There were so much rubbish written on those paper I couldn’t read it anymore. I realised why Hyukjae had wanted to go away. It is to avoid all this before it gets out of hand. I know how shrewd their industry can be as my best friend is in it. They will dig up your personal life from the day you were born till today. They will get hold of any information they can get hold of and publish it, making you have no dignity to face the world.

 

“Is this why you want to leave?” I asked him. He didn’t say anything or turn around but just stared in front of him.

 

“Let’s go then. I guess this is the best thing we can do now. I need some relaxing time anyway.”

 

In no time, we were at the airport. However, it seems like reporters had been following us and we were immediately ambushed when we got to the airport. Speaking of quick in action. The were shoving recorders into Hyukjae’s face, asking him to answer their questions while others were frantically taking pictures. Even though Yunho was sick in bed, there was another man who took his place. I hope its temporary. I kind of like Yunho around, helping Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae held tightly onto my hand however the reporters were trying so frantically to get some information out of him, they were hurting me. I didn’t want to protest since I guess this is what they have to do, but I don’t think Hyukjae was that nice about it. He had his mask on a I guess some of them were intimidated by him, but it did not stop them from pressing on for information they need.

 

Suddenly, someone elbowed me in my ribs, causing me to let go of Hyukjae’s hands, falling to the ground. When he realised what happened, he came straight to me and got awake from the irritating reporters.

 

‘Are you ok?” He asked me and I nodded my head, not wanting to add anything more to his already full plate. The airport security helped to hold back the commotion and we safely got into the VIP lounge which I kind of expected from Mr Lee Hyukjae, but I decided to be quiet about it. There must be many things running through his head right now, seeing how quiet and solemn he is looking out of the window.

 

On the plane, where he booked for us first-class as I have expected, he was quiet and didn’t say much. I just looked at him from time to time in case something comes up or something. But maybe I just refuse to admit to myself I’m worried about him.

 

“Are you ok?” I asked him as I just cannot keep my mouth closed anymore.

 

“I didn’t expect you to get involved into all this drama and end up getting hurt.” He said, which surprised me that he was so honest about it. I thought I might have to pry the information out of him.

 

“I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me. Leaving the country was a right decision. I don’t think any of us might get any peace for the next few days.”

 

Soon after, the plane started to take off.  When the sign for the seatbelt was turned off, I saw Hyukjae heave a sigh of relief.  I guess if he was the only one in the drama, he could just put on his mask and get through it. However, with me along, he might be worried for my wellbeing. I may just be over thinking about this. He might be concerned but I don’t think he will be worried.

 

“You should catch some rest. I have work to settle. I don’t want to bore you with silence.” He said as he pull out his laptop. I guess work is not something he can ever leave behind. Being the boss is good sometimes, but at times it is not all that great.

 

During the 7 hour flight, I slept most of the time, but I got up for the meals and watched a movie before I went back to sleep. Hyukjae was just working all the way.

 

“You should catch some rest too.” I said before I fell back asleep. I didn’t know if he heard me, but I know then when I woke up, he kept his work and it was time to get off the flight.

 

In Bali, we can have new identities as no one recognises us and I can finally relax. I know Bali was good for the spa and massages. I think I might enjoy my time here, with or without Hyukjae since I guess he  is going to be working most of the time.

 

He apparently rented a villa during our stay in Bali and it was extremely posh. I really cannot expect any less to come from Mr Lee right there. He practically has everything he wants and I think he gets his way all the time.  I was glad it had two rooms. I totally forgot that we will be alone and by alone I really mean alone, just the two of us. This might just start to get awkward.

 

The villa is so big I think it can house at least 10 people. There is a personal cook and a ‘butler’. There were 5 bedrooms and one with a porch. What amazed me the most was the balcony, which shows the magnificent sunset. I guess since the villa is so big, we might not even bump into each other so much. He might even coop himself in the room to do his work. I am going to enjoy myself in his expense or mine. Whichever it is, I am still going to enjoy.

 

“Let’s go to the balcony.” Hyukjae said as he place his hand on my lower back causing me to jump slightly.  HE took a seat on the couch and pulled me to sit beside him. We just sat there in silence as he fell asleep. His head landed on my should which made me turn stiff but when I realised what happened I relaxed. He must be really tired.

 

End of Soobin’s POV