Fight

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

 

At 10am in the morning, barely 2 hours that I’m in the office, I’ve received a text, and it is from lee Hyukjae, oh boy is he not pissed.

 

‘Seriously Soobin, you got Yunho to lock me in? - Hyukjae” He has no where to go now. Yunho was highly trained and I guess he thought that Yunho will listen to no one, but him. He needs to think again. Yunho is around me time to time and I got onto his good side if he hadn’t notice and now he listens to me too, more than him to be precise.

 

‘ You’ve got to rest after all that hell you’ve pulled yesterday. Yunho totally agrees with me. So stay home and sleep. It’s not like you get to do that often. – Soobin’ he must be raging now. Not that I bother much.

 

At 12 noon, I was going for lunch when Yunho called me telling me that Hyukjae was trying to leave the house, claiming to meet me for lunch and he knows that wasn’t true. I told him to tell Hyukjae to stay home or he’ll regret.

 

I told Seohyun and Sulli that I have last minutes plans and they made all the “Wooo~~~~” sounds, since they know where I was going, telling me to have a romantic time and all those what not.

 

I headed to the deli opposite my work place and got a nice sandwich for myself and got him beef stew from next door. I can’t starve him, locking him in his own house. I didn’t forget about Yunho’s share as well.

 

When I stepped into his house, Yunho was at the door, trying to hold back his laugh while Hyukjae was sitting in the living room, flipping channels at the speed of light. I got Yunho to take the food while I walked towards Hyukjae.

 

“You cannot make me Yunho.” Hyukjae said as I approached, thinking it was Yunho who was approaching him.

 

“Make you do what?” I asked and Hyukjae turned around, shocked.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked, turning off the television which he was flipping with interest.

 

“Coming here for lunch but since someone said to not make him, I should return to my office and have lunch with my secretary then.” I said turning around, walking away when he held onto my hand, not letting me leave. Now I want to laugh too.

 

“I’ll eat anything you make me eat. Just don’t leave me here to die of bordom.” He said and I laughed. Die of bordom? People were dying to not work and have money flowing into their pockets every second as they speak.

 

Yunho set the table for us while he went to do his stuff as we had lunch. I felt bad for him to be eating separately from us, but Yunho said he had stuff to do. In order to not put him in a bad position, I let it pass.

 

“How are you feeling?” I asked him since now it was his turn to be sick.

 

“Never been more bored in my life. What do people do when they’re home? There’s nothing to do and sleeping too much makes me tired. Yunho doesn’t even let me work. Is this all your doing?” He asked.

 

Never once had he stopped working. Other than meal times, I always see him on his phone or on his laptop, solving some mysterious problem he had at work. There were never times that he would be carefree for a day. Even the time in Bali he was working all day long.

 

“Take a break Hyukjae, for real, take a real break where you don’t work at all and relax. Do anything. Watch television, read a book, listen to music, surf the net. Watching television as in watch an entire variety show or drama and not flipping channels. Just for today.” I said and he looked like he wanted to argue.

 

“If you can do it, I’ll go out with you for dinner. If not, I’m gonna get Yunho to buy food back for you and I’m not going to see you for a week.” I said. What was I doing? He’ll never accept such a condition. It’s not like I’m important to him. Not seeing me for a week means that he’ll only have to see me 8 weeks for the entire period of the contract. What ridiculous idea have I came up with?

 

“Deal.” He said, which shocked me even more. I had thought he’d reject or cancel the contract or something.

 

“Ok then. I’ll leave you to your gadgets. If I hear one word from Yunho then you’re out.” I said and he nodded. I think people would think I’m crazy if I told them Lee Hyukjae chose me over his work.

 

I went back to the office, feeling light hearted, like I was in some sort of game. Hyukjae must be bored out of his mind right now and it’s quite fun to think about. Since I was waiting for Alexander to review the designs for the suits, I decided to design some of my own stuff. I started at 2pm and the next moment when I looked at the clock, it was close to 7pm. I must have been concentrating so hard that time flew by without me knowing. However, the thing that shocked me was not the time, but the outcome of my one design. It was pink and light and round on the edges. One look at it and people will know I’m in love. I should really stop pouring out my emotions into my drawings at times. I was about to leave my office when my phone rang. It could only be Hyukjae or Yunho.

 

“Hello?”

 

“So is Dinner still on?” I could totally hear him smirking behind the phone. Even though I had fun torturing him, but a deal is a deal. I promised and I’m going to do it.

 

“Of course. A Deal is a deal.” I said and I could clearly hear him smile. He told me to wait for him at the office as he’s gonna come pick me up. I cleared some emails and looked through some documents. When I heard a knock on the door, the person behind it was someone I didn’t expect.

 

“Jaejoong?”

 

“Hey, didn’t think I’d still catch you in your office but I was trying my luck.” He said as he took a seat.

 

“What brings you here/” I asked stopping my work.

 

“I was here to meet Alexander. He said he wanted to see me and try to iece it with his idea. So I came down. Since you’re here, would you mind if we have dinner together?” he asked. Did he just try to ask me out? Doesn’t he know I’m dating Hyukjae? Or is this just some friendly ‘outing’? But he’s a celebrity and I’m someone targeted by the public so I don’t think it was a good idea even if I don’t have plans with Hyukjae.

 

“I’m sorry, but I have plans with Hyukjae.”

 

“That’s sad to hear. Another time then.”

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” A voice said something I had exactly wanted to say. I snapped out of it and realised Hyukjae was at the door. Crap.

 

“Hyukjae.”

 

“Hey, nice to meet you. I’m Kim Jaejoong, I’m working with Soobin and Alexander on my next shoot.” Jaejoong raised his hand for a handshake and I could tell Hyukjae wasn’t too happy with him, but still he shook hands with him as professional as he could.

 

“I’ll get going first. Nice to meet you! I’ll see you around.” He said as he left, leaving me with a super pissed off Lee Hyukjae. He didn’t look too happy as he took a seat where Jaejoong last took, looking at me like he was going to kill me.

 

“So you locked me up in my own house so that you can do this?” He asked with a controlled voice, but I know deep down inside he wasn’t so calm and collected.

 

“He came minutes before you came. I was surprised by his appearance as well.”

 

“You didn’t seem so when you had a conversation with him.”

 

“Hyukjae, Don’t judge me for what you didn’t see. He’s my client and there’s nothing I can do about it. If you’re going to tell me to quit my job, don’t mention dinner, I don’t think I can be in the same area as you ever.”

 

“What do you expect me to say Soobin? What I get is what I see. He was obviously flirting with you and you didn't seem to be pushing him away in any sort.”

 

“He might just be friendly.” I retorted. This was going to end badly like how it always does. I can feel it.

 

“Friendly? You’re saying a male model asking you out is friendly? He was trying to hook up with you. Can’t you see? No wonder Haemin says you don’t know yourself. You’re smart, beautiful and talented but you never think others look at you that way. Men are eyeing you like hawks if you do truly notice things around you. “

 

“I might not realise these things but I am someone of morale if you noticed. I’m now bound to you and I have no intention of breaking that promise so it’s either you have a little faith in me or you lay your cards on the table and we end this here.” I said. How is this going to work if he questions everything I do.

 

“Are you going to do that every single time we get into an argument? You can’t just leave whenever we get into a situation. It will never go away even if you walk away. It’ll just be trailing behind you.”

 

“I’m not walking away this time Hyukjae. I’m giving you a chance to walk away. If you have such little faith in me, what’s the point of me trying to stay with you? Nothing will work out between us this way. We’ll just end every fight like we always do.”

 

“You can do anything you want. But we’re stuck together for the next two months so we need to solve this.” He said as he sat back down on the chair, looking defeated. Rather than a losing kind of defeated, he truly looked tired.

 

“Hyukjae, let us just go for dinner alright? We won’t be going anywhere with this conversation if we’re here.” I said, trying my best to understand his perspective. I tried to tone down and not get uptight. Both of us need to learn how to take a step back. We’re too used to getting whatever we want in the snap of a finger and no one really says no to us.

 

“Ok. Let us go.” He said. I wrapped my arms around his and he did a double take at our arms before we walked out of the door.

 

As it was quite late, most of the people had left the office. I was in the lift alone with Hyukjae. He just stood there looking straight, not looking at me, or anything in particular. The entire time, he was quiet. None of us said a word about anything. I thought that we would reach the restaurant soon, but I guess fate wasn’t on our side as we were caught in a traffic jam. There seemed to be an accident in front.

 

For 15 minutes, our car moved slightly. I don’t think we can make it in time for dinner. It was going to be 9 soon and at the rate we’re moving, by midnight we’ll still be here.

 

“Let’s go home Hyukjae.” I said.

 

“Let us wait a little more.” He insisted. I had expected something like that. He was stubborn, but so am I.

 

“We can have dinner at my place. There’s a nice Udon place around the corner and it’s not bad. I’m sure you’ll like it.” I said, hoping he’d agree. It beats staying here and being hungry.

 

“Alright.” He gave in and I was so happy from my hunger that I did what I shouldn’t have done.

 

I kissed him.