Another

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

 

I myself was shocked at what I did. Why did I do that? Hyukjae on the other hand did not have any reaction, but tried to drive out of the traffic. Is he still angry for what happened in the office?

 

“Hyukjae.” I called out to him, but there was no response, not acknowledgement that he was listening to me at all.

 

“Hyukjae.” I tried again, but the same thing happened. I know he heard me. His eyes will shift when I call him, but he’ll turn them back.

 

“Are you angry?” I asked and there was still no response from him.

 

The traffic was still slow, but going towards the area of my house, the cars are moving faster. I the radio since Hyukjae had no intention of talking to me and closed my eyes. I had never like awkward situations. However, recently, I’ve been meeting them more and more. Hyukjae is not helping with it at all.

 

When we reached the Udon restaurant and Hyukjae parked the car, he got out of the car and without waiting for him, I got out too. I don’t think he would open the door for me anyway. He told the lady a table for 2 and we went in in silence. The only exchange we had was when Hyukjae asked me what I wanted. Other than that, it was silent. However. Even though Hyukjae was not talking to me, he was staring straight at me, eyes piercing and his face was hard like stone.

 

Even the lady who took our orders and served out meal scurried away immediately after her job is done. I had no idea how time passed but the next moment, we were out of the restaurant. Rather than walking towards his car, I walked in the opposite direction and he finally opened his mouth.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked.

 

“I don’t think you need to drive me home. I don’t see the need of it. You can go home and rest. Thank you for dinner.” And with that, I walked away. He’s not going to talk to me so why should I put myself in agony by sitting in the silence of his car.

 

I had thought he was going to drive home immediately, but what shocked me was he was actually walking beside me. He still doesn’t talk while the both of us walk in silence.

 

“Hyukjae, just go home. You’ll still have to go back to the restaurant to get your car. I can go home on my own.” I said

 

“It’s dangerous for you to walk home alone. I’ll just leave it there and get it tomorrow or I’ll get Yunho to come pick it up.” He said. From my peripheral vision, I could see he was putting his hands in his pocket, deep in his though. I guess I was too focused on my peripheral vision that I didn’t notice I was walking straight into a street lamp.

 

Hyukjae pulled me to him before I hit it if I had took another step. I was in his embrace before I knew it. I was in shock.  What was I seriously doing? Hyukjae looked down at me, looking at my face.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked. His eyes scanned my face for a few moments before he continued walking with his arms wrapped around my shoulders. In no time, we’ve reached the doorstep of my apartment. The both of us just stood there without moving, his arms around me and me in his embrace. A few seconds later, I moved away and his grip loosened.

 

“Thank you for sending me home.” I said as he nodded and walked away. Before he could walk more than 5 steps, I called out to him.

 

“Hyukjae!” He turned around with one of his eyebrows raised.

 

“Get home safe.” I said with a smile and his lips lifted slightly. He turned around and I turned to press the lift when this time, he called my name. I turned around and looked at him, wondering why he called.

 

“Are you free this weekend?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. I’m free.” I said

 

“I have a interview with a magazine this weekend at Jeju Island and I was wondering if you’d like to come.” He said. I thought for a while before giving him my answer.

 

“I’d love to.” I said.

 

“I’ll come pick you up on Friday in the evening.” He said and I nodded. This time for real, we bid each other goodbye. After our fight last week, I felt like he was two different person during work and life. I don’t know if it was a good decision to go on a trip with him again. But I guess him asking for my opinion was a good start. After this week, I’ll start to get busy with the project with Alexander, so might as well use this chance to relax.

 

When I got home, I told Haemin about it and she said that her opinion of Hyukjae was half and half but she told me to enjoy while I can. I guess she’s right since in less than 2 months, he’ll no longer be my boyfriend, but Haemin doesn’t have to know that.

 

In no time, it was Friday. As I didn’t have much work to do this week, I was able to leave work early. I took out my luggage and took a look in my closet to see what clothes I have to pack. I packed my sandals, sunhat, sundress, shorts, tank top, sunscreen, sunglasses and a set of formal dress just in case. Since it’s only 2 days, it won’t be too long. When I was done pack, the doorbell rang and it must be Hyukjae.

 

Yunho helped me take my stuff to the car while Hyukjae placed his arms around my waist as we walked to the car.  I guess I was sort of excited for the trip that I hadn’t been sleeping well. But I slept on the car because the next moment I realised, Hyukjae was shaking me awake.

 

As usual, we got into the VIP lounge. I had thought Yunho was coming with us but he wasn’t. He bid us goodbye at check in after all our luggage were taken care of. Hyukjae started to read the papers while I read some fashion magazine.

 

The plane ride was horrible as usual due to my motion sickness. But I managed to sleep it off before it kills me. When we got to Jeju, we were taken into a chartered car that was bringing us to our hotel.

 

“We can go back and get some rest. There’s nothing scheduled today.” Hyukjae said as he looked at me who was so sleepy. I guess he could tell that I was falling asleep any moment. HE lay my head on his shoulder and in no time, I was asleep.

 

The next moment when I was awake, I was already on a soft comfortable bed. How did I get here? I walked out of the room to be led into a living area where Hyukjae was as usual flipping the channels. He heard my footsteps and turned around.

 

“You’re awake.” Was all he said.

 

“Is it too late to get dinner now?” I asked as I looked at the clock which says 11pm.

 

“You haven’t had dinner?” Hyukjae was shocked. I guess he must be since he was always uptight when I have ate my meals.

 

“I was packing my luggage before you came and when I was done, you rang the bell and I totally forgot about it.” I said and he looked like he was about to roll his eyes when he stood up and went to look for something. When he came back, there was a menu on his hand as he dragged me to the couch. He told me to choose something and I did and he ringed for room service. I guess 11pm is not too late for dinner then.

 

“What is your interview about?” I asked since he was silent and it was making me a bit awkward.

 

“They want to interview me about my life and the things I do. I don’t get why they wanted to come to Jeju to do it but might as well.” He said as he finally stopped on one channel and it was playing running man. I didn’t know he liked to watch such variety shows. However, he switched the television off within 5 minutes. So maybe he doesn’t like it.

 

The doorbell rang and the food arrived. Hyukjae ordered something for himself but it was something small. So maybe he was slightly hungry too. What caught my attention was he actually ordered dessert for me! But he got his timing all wrong.

 

“I think you’re out to make me fat.” I said when we took a seat opposite each other.

 

“I’m not.” He said as he looked at me with a surprised look.

 

“You order dessert for me at 11pm at night? I think you are.” I didn’t say it seriously so it wasn’t like I was taking his good thought for granted.

 

“But thanks anyway.” I said as we both start eating.

 

“So what TV shows do you like to watch?” I asked him since I have no idea what he watches on TV other than flipping through the channels.

 

“I normally watch things on economics and business related things but on occasion I watch dramas.” He said and that was shocking. Lee Hyukjae watches dramas?

 

“So which was your favourite drama?” I asked.

 

“I like Innocent man and King2Heart” He answered. I never knew he actually would give out his information and liking so easily.

 

“What’s your favourite colour?”

 

“Blue.”

 

“Favourite food?”

 

“Anchovies.”

 

“Favourite actress?”

 

“Park Shin Hye and Go Ara. Are you preparing me for my interview tomorrow/” He asked with a laugh. And I was shocked. I did sound like a reporter. Then I burst out laughing.

 

“It’s just you weren’t talking so it’s a bit empty so I just wanted to find something to talk about.” I said as we continued eating. After that, we were able to have decent conversations.

 

I guess food coma happens at anytime of the day. Hyukjae and I decided to just relax on the couch while he flipped through some channels. I was starting to feel that plate of ravioli kicking in and all those carbs starting to put me to sleep. I was struggling to keep my eyes open as Hyukjae flipped through the television. I guess I must have had lost the battle with my eyelids since when I opened my eyes, the room was dark. However, I was still in the living room as the television was still playing some drama. I realised I was sleeping on a cushion above Hyukjae’s lap as he had his head propped up on his hand. He was asleep and didn’t realise I was awake. I turned off the television and took a seat beside him. Laying his head on the cushion on my lap as he fell into deeper sleep.

 

I crossed my arm on the armrest and slept on my arm. I have never gone to sleep so easily in a place other than my own room. I usual took a while before I got used to it but tonight, I experienced and found out many new things.

 

I got woken up the next morning by the sound of the showers running. I found myself tucked nicely under a comforter and under my head was a pillow as I lay on the couch. I guess he must have woken up in the middle of the night.

 

I went into my room and prepared for the day as well since Hyukjae had mention yesterday that we’re going to have breakfast together. I wore natural make up and picked a pair of denim shorts alongside with a floral off shoulder top. I took my hat along with me as I left the room to find Hyukjae in a casual sneaker, jeans and polo shirt.

 

“Let’s go.” He said and he extended his arm towards me.