Showcase

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

 

“You rest alright.” He said with a soft voice. I just nodded my head and he kissed me before going to his car. I just stood there shocked with my hands on my lips. What did I get myself into? Is this really happening?

 

I couldn’t work at all. I went straight to bed, hoping to get my head cleared of what we just did. However, rather than getting sleep, what we did came with a huge impact into my mind. The way his lips moved against mine and how his hands caressed my back. I couldn’t sleep at all.

 

‘I wish you a good day’

 

The roses are here again today. I got more and more curious as to who would send me these flowers. I really cannot put my finger to it. Why doesn’t he come up and show himself? If he had before I signed that stupid contract with Hyukjae, I could save all this trouble that I am facing now.

 

“Seohyun, we’ll have a meeting about the showcase in 15 minutes. Please gather all who are involved.” I said through the intercom

 

“Alright guys, we need to make a hit out of this. If we want to make a name for ourselves, we need this showcase to be a success. This is not my brand, but ours.” I said as we all worked hard to make this line of clothes and we are a team.

 

At 8pm, when we finally finished every last detail of the showcase, I plunked myself down on the chair of my office. I looked at the envelope on my desk to realise I still haven’t gave Hyukjae his invitation. Even though he demanded it from me, I think it’s right for him to come.

 

He didn’t call or text me the entire day, which I find to be really really strange. For the next few days, I got really busy with the preparation of the showcase. I haven’t seen Hyukjae in days. However, my mind was better preoccupied with the showcase than him.

 

Seeing the invitation on my table day after day make me feel uncomfortable. He used to bug me everyday and now he’s all quiet. I hope this doesn’t mean that I’m reliant on him already. After barely 2 weeks of “dating” him. 

 

Pulling out my phone, I dialled him number. I don’t miss him. I just need him to get this.

 

“Hello.” The voice was clipped and calm.

 

“Hello. It’s Soobin.” I said, unsure of what am I suppose to say to him. Since we never really start with the formalities.

 

“Oh. I’m in a meeting right now. I’ll call you back.” And with that, he hung up.

 

I decided to go home since I was exhausted. I haven’t been getting more than 5 hours of sleep in the past few days for the showcase. The day after is the showcase and we need to do the rehersals tomorrow which will be real hectic.

 

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the constant ringing of door bell and the ringing of my phone. Who the hell is calling me at such a horrible hour, it’s 3am for goodness sake.

 

“Hello?” I answered with my sleepy voice.

 

“Oh thank goodness.” There was a sigh of relief from the other side. Looking at the caller ID, I realised it was Hyukjae.

 

“I’m glad you’re ok.” He said.

 

“Why will I not be?” I asked since it did not make sense.

 

“Could you open your door please.” He said and that really shocked me.


“My door?” I asked and walked to the door to see Hyukjae at the door. So he’s the crazy person calling and banging the door at 3am in the morning.

 

“Why are you here Hyukjae?” I asked as I opened the door and he pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me so hard. I was frozen in the spot.

 

“I thought something bad had happened to you.” He said with his forehead on mine.

 

I looked at him and I didn’t know how to respond. What could have happened to me? I lived without him for many years and for the past few days we did not contact each other and I’m still alive. What is he talking about?

 

“It’s fine. As long as you’re safe it’s fine. Everything is alright.” He said with a smile and pulled me into a hug.

 

“Hyukjae, it’s late. Why don’t you go home and rest?” I asked him as I wanted to get back to sleep.

 

In the end, he stayed and slept in the guest room. He must be too tired to go home anyway. When I woke up in the morning, he was still asleep. When I went into the guest room and sat on the chair beside the bed, I really looked at him. He looked so calm and innocent when he’s asleep.

 

When he moved, I got a shock and stood up right away, in case I got caught staring at him.

 

“Hyukjae?” I shook him, trying to wake him up. Rather than doing so, he grabbed hold of my arm and made me tumble into bed beside him.

 

“5 more minutes.” He said, sounding like a little boy. I chuckled and tried to get up but he pulled me down.

 

“You’re messing with my makeup and hair Hyukjae. Besides, I need to get to prepare for my showcase.” I said and that got him to wake up.

 

“I still haven’t received that invitation.” He said with his eyes closed.

 

“It’s in my bag. Let me get it for you.” I said

 

When I got back. Hyukjae fell back asleep. I decided to just write him a note so that he’ll lock up behind him since I really have to go as I’m running late. As I got downstairs, I saw Yunho, Hyukjae’s chauffer.

 

“Hey, um, does Hyukjae have any important meetings today?” I asked him, hoping he knows.

 

“No Ma’am, he’s free today.” His answer is short and clipped.

 

“I think he might sleep in today so you might go and drink a cup of coffee while waiting for him.” I said and he nodded at me before I got into my own car and went to the showcase venue.

 

I checked my phone time to time to see if there was anything from Hyukjae, but there was none. I should have written in the note that he should give me a call or drop me a text when he’s leaving. It just makes me distracted now.

 

“We’re done!” Sulli exclaimed as we made our final run through of the showcase. Everything was in order and we were all headed home to rest for our big day tomorrow. When I left to get my car, I saw a familiar person standing near my car. It was Yunho.

 

“Yunho? Is that you?”

 

“Good evening, Ma’am” He bowed slightly.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked him since he always goes where Hyukjae goes.

 

“Mr. Lee got me to drive you home.” He said.

 

“You must have been waiting for a long time. I shall not reject his offer this time.” I said and got into the car while Yunho got into the passenger’s seat.

 

I tried to make some conversation with him, but his answers were always short and clipped, leaving no room for more questions. However, I found out he has been driving Hyukjae ever since High school. He’s also a black belt in taekwondo and Judo and jujitsu.

 

“Thank you for the ride Yunho.” I said as I got out of the car.

When I got home, I saw Hyukjae sitting on the couch, flipping through channels. I almost dropped my keys. However, for one thing I’m sure of, my chin is on the ground.

 

“You’re still here?” I asked since it was close to 10pm already.

 

“I had no where to go with you being busy.” He answered cheekily.

 

“I didn’t know you didn’t have a social life Mr. Lee” I joked.

 

When I got out of the shower, I saw Hyukjae working on his laptop. Why is here in the first place, that’s something I’m quite puzzled to know.

 

“Why don’t you go home Hyukjae, I’m fine here and I don’t even know why you’re here in the first place.” I said as I rubbed my hair to dry it.

 

“I’m taking a break from real life. Anyway I have to go to the fashion showcase tomorrow and I’m going to you there so might as well just be here.” He said, eyes glued to his screen.

 

“I guess you can do whatever you want since Haemin is away for business.” I said and went back to do my own thing.

 

I guess it feels better with someone around the house. Having an apartment to myself is a little too much for me to handle. I like to be alone but being along all the time is a little too intense for me to handle.

 

The next day, I had the morning free as Seohyun and Sulli offered to look through the last bit of preparation. When the doorbell rang, I was about to go get it when Hyukjae got it before me. He took in something, which for sure is not mine, but it belonged to him. My guess is that it’s his suit for the showcase.

 

Hyukjae escorted me to the event, standing beside me, with his arms round my waist, letting everyone know that I belong to him. What shocked me the most were the amount of reporters present at the event. I guess this might be the work of Hyukjae.

 

Everything went according to plan except one thing which shocked even me. It was something I did not expect.

 

“Lastly, we’d like to invite the lead designer for this Showcase, Ms. Park Soobin!” I walked down the aisle from backstage, wearing one of my self designed dress as the finale for the showcase. There were rounds of applause from everyone at the show. Cameras were flashing and sounds of applause surrounded the venue. The event was a huge success! Thanks to Hyukjae.

 

“We would also like to invite Mr. Lee Hyukjae on stage.” That was definitely not planned. He came up with a smile and a bouquet of flowers as he passed to me and gave me a full-blown kiss on stage. Everyone cheered even louder.

When everything ended, the team and the models decided to go for dinner together. I can’t due to the dress and Mr. Lee Hyukjae.

 

“Congratulations!” I heard from behind me and saw none other than Joong ki!

 

“Joong ki!” I exclaimed and hugged him. How long has it been since I’ve seen him. He has also graduated from University and I have seen him in a drama or 2. He was scouted in his final year and got signed by one of the top agencies.

 

“Thank you so much for coming. I thought you won’s be able to make it!” I said.

 

“I would attend this showcase no matter what.” He said with his charming boy smile.

 

“I’m really glad you came.” I said

 

“I’m sorry Soobin, I have to go. I need to rush for a shoot. I’ll see you around ok? If you ever need a male endorser, don’t forget to call me.” And with that, he’s gone. I haven’t seen Joong ki much for the past year as we were all busy craving a path for our careers.

 

When I turned to look at Hyukjae, he didn’t seem really pleased at the encounter. He had his arms folded and his expression was blank.

 

“I’m going to go home.” I said, not knowing what to say since his mood is as such.

 

“I’ll get Yunho to send you.” With that, he walked away.

 

During the car ride home, it was silent as I didn’t know what to say and I was trying to figure out what’s wrong with Hyukjae this time. Why was he happy one moment and upset the other?

 

Suddenly, a huge force came upon me from the front and I passed out.

 

End of Soobin’s POV