Pissed

Indifferent

Soobin’s POV

Oh no she’s home. I’m so gonna get it.

“I have to go. I’ll see you.” I said and hung up before hearing what he has to say. I pretend I didn’t know anything and went to change my clothes and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. When I took a seat at the breakfast bar, Haemin rounded the table and stood in front of me. I couldn’t read her expression. I didn’t know if she was angry or upset or trying to dig some stories from me.

“So you’re dating Eunhyuk?” She said with a smirk.

“Eh. Yeah.” I said, not knowing how to put it. However, I tried to look as calm as I could even though my heart feels like it’s going to pump out of my chest.

“When did this start?” She asked. Oh no. We didn’t discuss about this. What if our story doesn’t telly? This journalist friend of my is as sharp as a knife.

“Not long ago.” I said.

“When did this start?” She asked, not prying much for the date and time.

“What do you mean when did this start?” I asked, not really knowing what she was indicating.

“When did the wooing start? Donghae told me Eunhyuk wooed you for a long time. Donghae was shocked when he heard the news. He said Eunhyuk doesn’t do all these wooing.” Haemin said, her eyes not leaving mine.

“I’m not sure. I met him at the charity ball the other time and from then on, we’ve been in contact. He tries asking me out a few times but I reject.” I tried to make up some story and remember it so I can tell Hyukjae about it. I feel so strange that we’re actually talking about the same person but using different names.

“Why don’t you just call him Hyukjae? I feel so strange calling a different name when we’re talking about the same person.” I said.

“I don’t think he’ll let me call him Hyukjae anytime soon. He knows I’m a shrew journalist. I tried reporting about him a few times but failed. The only time I managed to report about him was when you interviewed him. Do you think he was interested in you then that’s why he did the interview without causing much problems.” Haemin asked, her mood changing 180 degrees.

“I don’t think so.” I said.

“For all you know. It might have started then. Why would the youngest bachelor remember you? No offence though.” She said, talking a sip from my water.

When Haemin finally let me off the hook it was when Hyukjae called. I must really thank him one day. He saved me so many times even though he didn’t know about it. When I got to my room, I received a text.

‘You alright? – Hyukjae’

‘I’m fine. Just finished my interrogation. I told Haemin I met you again at the charity ball that’s why we got in contact again. – Soobin’

‘I got it. I’ll match your story. – Hyukjae’

‘I need to go. Talk to you later. – Soobin’

I didn’t know why I couldn’t sleep that night. Haemin’s words kept repeating in my mind. She always made me think too much. When I finally slept, my alarm rang. I guess there goes my sleep. I changed into my running gear and went jogging to distress a little before going to the office. I had this feeling things won’t go as smooth as I wanted it to be.

One thing about being a designer is that our life is not as stable as everyone. There might be problems cropping up at times we don’t expect. There are times I got quite tired of all the nonsense and just want to shut them out. However, I don’t have the right or power to do it. No matter how tired I am, I have to move on.

“Morning boss” Seohyun said.

When I went to my table, I saw a bouquet of blue roses. Ever sine the time from school, I have been receiving these blue roses on days which I never expect. There was no regular pattern. However, sometimes when I feel down or when I feel tired, these bouquet of blue roses will appear.

‘I hope these make your day’

Even though I do not know who the sender is, but the blue roses I receive every time made me feel much better. Many of my subordinates thought it was from my boyfriend, however, even I do not know who it’s from.

Time always flies when I’m at work. When I got to the office, it was 9am. We had a new project and after issuing out the copy of the points and the project details, my team and I met for a meeting. A full fledge meeting.

The next time I looked at the clock, it was 6pm. Seeing the exhausted faces of my team mates, I decided to let them off the hook today. I told them to brainstorm for more ideas and if possible, give us some rough sketch and we’ll resume our meeting after lunch the next day. I went to my office and tried to think of some ideas when I heard loud chattering and murmurings.

“Boss, You have a visitior” Seohyun announced through the intercom. Before I could ask her who it was, there was a knock on the door and the person barged in without me to telling them to come in.

“Hyukjae, how nice of you to knock.” I said sarcastically.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked me.

“Go?” I don’t remember having a meeting with him today.

“You said we can have dinner if I can get you out of your office. Your Boss literally told the whole office to have the rest of the day off. Anyone who stays in the office will be in trouble and that includes you.” He smirked and I couldn’t be more irritated now.

“How good of you to pull me out of my brainstorming for my new project.” I said, grabbing my bag and stuffed all the things I need in my bag.

“I just though maybe we can just go out as friends to not make things too awkward. If it makes you uncomfortable then maybe we can just head home.” He said. His expression looked as calm as the waves by the sea when it was of good weather, but his voice sounded like he just got punched hard in the face. His eyes practically showed how sad he was.

I had actually got to really know so much about Hyukjae after that dinner at his parent’s place. He’s not very easy to read but when you really get to see him without his mask, he’s as easy to read as an opened book.

“We’ll go for dinner. “ I said and he came to my side and placed his arms round my waist.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to get his hands off me.

“We’re suppose to be dating remember? I’m helping you with your clothes line as well. So you’re welcome.” He smiled as he led me out of my office.

All eyes were on us when we came out of the office. I heard murmurs like ‘Boss is dating the billionaire?’ ‘They are dating?’ ‘What’s their relationship?’ these kinds of talk. Hyukjae had his poker face back on but you can tell he was smiling from his eyes.

When we went down the lift, Htyukjae’s hands are still round my waist but we were not talking and this seems like it’s a little awkward. When we walked out, he ushered me into his car as he went to the driver’s seat.

“I don’t know what you like to eat so I made a reservation at a traditional Korean restaurant. Hope you don’t mind.” He said as he started the car.

“I’m fine with it.” He took a glace at me before looking at the road and the car left the curb.

When we got to the restaurant, we were ushered into a more private corner at the back to the restaurant. Hyukjae flipped through the menu which I saw what I wanted at the first glance. He took quite a long time before calling for the waitress. She was totally oozing over him. It was like she couldn’t see me. Even though we’re not like official between us, but she has total no respect for her customers.

“Give me One set A for me and a Naengmyeon set for the lady.” He said before dismissing the lady. I was so upset that I didn’t realize he didn’t ask me what I wanted and realize he ordered exactly what I wanted without even asking.

“How did you….” I didn’t know what to say but he just smiled at me.

“You only flipped to that one page and judging from where you were looking, I knew what you wanted.” He said, sipping his tea.

I didn’t realize he was noticing me when I was flipping through the menu. Did he notice me noticing him? Oh gosh. He will think I’m like staring at him or something.

I guess I was so engrossed in my thoughts I didn’t hear him calling me till I felt a hand on my hands. I looked down to see Hyukjae’s hands on mine and his eyes were looking at me. When I met his eyes, I was attacked full force in my face.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked me.

“Nothing much. Just the project I was in charge of.” I lied and he untensed slightly.

“How about the new line of clothes you are coming up with?” He asked.

“It’s done. I have a showcase in 2 weeks.” I totally forgot about that if he didn’t ask. His eyes turned dark and he seemed pissed. This is bad.

“2 Weeks? And you only tell me now?” He said, his voice hard and cold.

“It slipped my mind. If you didn’t ask I wouldn’t have thought of it.” I said, trying to not step on a landmine.

“Send me the invitation. I’m going.” He said, short and clipped. He looked away from me when I looked up at him. He’s really pissed. It’s not like I did it on purpose. It was then our meal came and that same waitress totally made me snap.

“I’m going to the washroom.” I said before going off. Hyukjae looked up at me as I walked away angrily. I went into the toilet and touched up some of my make up. I spent a good amount of time in the washroom. I didn’t care if my food will get cold or anything. I’m too angry to eat anything anyway. When I made my way back to the booth, Hyukjae looked at me with no emotionless. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling just that he didn’t touch his food at all.

I didn’t take another look at him as I tucked in. not really eating, but twirling my noodles round and round my chopsticks. I could feel Hyukjae glaring a hole into my head but I didn’t care. It was then I got a phone call and it totally saved me.

“Hello?” I answered as it was Haemin. What a good time.

“Soobin! Wanna get a drink?” Haemin asked me.

“Why not? Where?” I asked as I looked at Hyukjae. His jaw clenched tight. Haemin told me the place and I hung up.

“I have to go. Thanks for dinner.” I said and was about to get up when he spoke up finally after a long time.

“Where are you going?” His voice cold and hard.

“Drinking with Haemin.” I said and stood up.

“You haven’t eaten.” His voice softened a little.

“Not in the mood for food now.” I said as I left, not caring about him. He just makes my blood boil more and more when I think about him.

End of Soobin’s POV