₯₰ La Force Deux

ТαяѲт ςαяδѕ

‘Er… Where are we going…?’

 

After passing through several (spectacular) different sets of corridors, you finally had the courage to ask the rabbit. You felt a little stupid as it completely ignored you and carried on, frowning constantly and checking his little notebook. You kept following the rabbit, weaving in and out of the fantastic structures around you. After ducking to avoid three sets of flying chess pieces, you study the rabbit carefully. The first thing that you noticed was that its fur was very thick and long, and brilliantly and stunningly white; its long, long ears almost reached the floors, wide and with several hooped piercings around the round edges. The jester’s hat was almost half as big as the rabbit, the big bells dragging on the soft carpet with a dull twinkle. You have an urge to go and it, but shook the thought away as you remembered what he did to Jiyong.

 

You suddenly halted to a stop, and you found yourself in front of a titanic door – and with an abrupt surprise, you suddenly realised that the brown wall you’ve been following through the corridors were actually a part of this door.

 

‘Follow me.’

 

You obey and quickly follow the rabbit towards a long set of swirling stairs by the door. You marvel at the intricate work, giggling as each of the step lit up in a different hue as you stepped on the glass steps. The steps led up to one of the lower hinges of the door, and between where the two hinges should slide to open, a little opening was visible. The rabbit jumped through, and you followed after it.

 

The moment you jumped through the opening, you gasp as something heavy enveloped you. You cannot actually work out what it is, but the ‘air’ around you was actually dense enough to gently ease you down to the floor. You took a look around you, and was left speechless – you have never seen such a place so beautiful before in your entire life.

 

The entire hall was completely dark, and the atmosphere was incredulously tense and relaxed at the same time. Random spots of the hall were lit up gently by crooked trees, its leaves dotted with green and yellow lights. A waterfall streamed powerfully from the bottom of a large, circular pool, raking across the middle of the hall into darkness above. You turn hazily towards the hall, and a red bird flies away from a nearby tree, leaving a trail or red dust in its wake. You hear nothing but the constant roar of the waterfall, you see nothing but the tiny lights on the crooked trees and you feel nothing but the thick air preventing you from moving any faster. Old fashioned lanterns gently flickered on as you passed them, and a vintage car slid past you, the driver seat vacant. A kite flew across the waterfall, and you reached to feel it, and you did, it was suddenly in your hands, the paper ripping in your grasp. You came across a small shelf, full of tattered manuals and magazines, and next to it, a bench stood, fashioned by countless mini trees grown into the shape. You turn to inspect the bench, and start as a beautiful woman in a startlingly red dress suddenly lay across it.

 

‘So you are the one le fou was talking about… ’

 

You shuddered as you felt a wave of hostility from her subtle tone.

 

‘And… you’re also the reason why Le bateleur refuses to see me anymore…?’

 

Her large almond eyes look at you, and you see nothing but frustration and resentment. You blink, and she was suddenly in front of you, her strong perfume hitting you across the face. Her slender, white hands lift your chin to force you to look at her. You feel it drawing blood as her sharp nails cut through your skin. She leans forward and places her lips directly next to your ears.

 

‘I was brought here by Jiyong a long time ago…’ Her hands played with your hair. ‘I was the only one who believed in his magic you see – nobody would believe him, but I did.’ She stressed the last two syllables, leaning more and more closer to you. Everyone loved me here. I am the special, chosen one…. But why is it that this hall is no longer mine? Why is it that I’m no longer the best? The most loved? The SPECIAL one?’ She pushed you away and you stumbled backwards.

 

‘Why is it that you, the person who didn’t even believe that Jiyong was real, gets to be here? Jiyong especially made this place for me – no one should be able to get here except me and him only.’ She paused. ‘We were so happy… But I wonder what got between us…? Why is it all shattered now…? Everything was so perfect, nothing went wrong…!’ Her voice went up slightly, and when she snapped back to look you, you see the glint of madness in her wide eyes. ‘Do YOU know the answer?? Why, Why, WHY?!’ She grabbed your arms and shook it violently. ‘WHY IS IT THAT YOU ARE HERE?! WHERE’S JIYONG??? I AM THE SPECIAL ONE THE BEST, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL! YOU DON’T BELONG HERE!’

 

You are completely frozen and petrified, and you try to get away from her grip. You stop as the woman suddenly freezes abruptly. She slowly looks up to you, her maddened eyes getting wider and wider.

 

‘Wait… wait…it’s all… your fault…’ She murmured, looking at you blankly. ‘If you.. didn’t come here….all your fault. Your fault… ALL YOUR FAULT!’ She suddenly started screaming and rakes her nails down your shoulders and arms. You cried out and pushed her back, only to have her scrambling forward to smash your head on the corner of the book shelf. She charges at you crazily, her long hair whipping on her face. You scream and close your eyes, curling your body into a ball for the impact.

 

‘… …’

 

You slowly open your eyes at the familiar, soft tone, and you blink rapidly as an unknown figure stood in front of you, restraining the woman with a cold look. Taking one look at the man in front of you,you completely break down, and you feel tears streaking down your face. You hear the man sigh, and without letting go of the struggling and screaming woman, he freed his right arm and gathered you into a tight hug. You bury your face into his white V-neck jumper, and breathed in a strong scent of dark chocolate. His regular heartbeat slowly calmed you down, and when you realised that you ruined his pristine jumper with your blood, tears and snot, you guiltily looked up to him.

 

‘Are you okay?’

 

 He looked extremely concerned, his beautiful face crumpling slightly.

 

And even in this situation, you cannot help thinking how beautiful all these men are. His thick, soft looking brown hair, white suit and a small hooped earring reminded you of someone….

 

You gasped lightly as a thought struck you.

 

‘…Rabbit?!’

 

He looked at you quietly, and he gathered you into his arms once again. He softly whispered to you, and your mind was enveloped in a warm presence, just like that time when you first met the rabbit. You cannot help but roll your eyes as you knew what was going to happen – something that everyone seemed to be making a habit out of. The last thing you heard was his lingering whispers with his honey soft voice.

 

‘… Onew, La Force Deux at your service…’