₯₰ Deux heures

ТαяѲт ςαяδѕ

 

 

 

 

 

You stepped into what looked like a long grey corridor. Your worn, remaining flip-flop made a faint squelch as it came in contact with the cold smooth floor. It was silent. Long bright neon lights stretched end on end across the entire corridor, and the corridor itself was endless, continuing into a tiny dot in to the distance. The nearby vending machine hummed smoothly, repeating further than your eyes could see – vending machine, vending machine, neon light, neon light, vending machine vending machine, neon light neon light – all the way into the far distance into the dot. It was like you stepped into a novice’s sketch of a linear perspective; everything was too defined, too perfect, too organised and too square to be real.

 

You clenched your sweaty fist around the small silver key and started to walk – it did not seem to matter which way you went, so you went to your right.  Your flip-flop bothered you, making you limp and jump every time it made the slightest noise, but you did not want to throw it away - Not now, when everything was so foreign to you. You held on to that piece of old familiarity.

 

You don’t know how long you have walked for. There was no way of telling the time  in the place, with everything repeated constantly - the clock hanging above the chair next to the vending machine stopped at exactly 2 O’clock. Unchanging. You felt cold sweat rolling down your forehead, your hands clammy and sticky. The hum of the vending machine irritated you as it was so continuous and monotonous. The bright light made you too aware of the perfect stillness – the unnatural artificialness.

 

‘Hello.’

 

You started and whipped yourself round to the source of the noise, your heart starting to thud crazily at the startling disturbance to the atmosphere. A small figure sat on the chair, perfectly still and unmoving, looking at you blankly.

 

‘Do you know where this is?’ His voice was stoic, almost mechanic.

 

You shivered at his tone. ‘I..I don’t know…’

 

He regarded you blankly. ‘This isn’t a place – this is you. Isn’t this familiar to you?’

 

You looked around, confused at the cold words thrown at you. It did seem a little familiar, the clock at 2, the vending machine’s hum, the deathly quiet grey corridor….

 

‘You stopped at this place; you have never moved away from this spot.’

 

The bright neon lights, end to end…. Chair…. Fuzzy, fuzzy memories…

 

‘This is you. Repeating. And it affects me as I’ve been stuck here all along – your turning point.’

 

It hits you.

 

‘No… No! What..?’

 

You cower back, your hands reaching upwards to your head, grabbing.

 

The chair that you sat in as you waited, shaking violently as you heard the shrill screams, and the neon lights that blinded you in white as the veiled doctor shakes his head.

 

Your back hits the wall, hard. You tear at your head as the memories hit you savagely. You scream.

 

The blistering hum next to your ears as your father rushed away, and then the slip, bang crash tumble down the stairs. His body twisted, bent of shape. Unnaturally placed limbs, still. You scream and cry out, trying to run down towards the broken form. A nurse grabs you from behind and holds you back; shouts as doctors are called – you look up.

 

It’s 2 O’clock.

 

Tears pour out from your eyes, your hands are tearing, your body in a ball, scrunched up by the pale wall. You wanted to die. You don’t get it. Where has this come from? Where? Parents? Them? You? Me?

 

‘That’s enough.’

 

The cold air of the corridor disappeared, and your empty body is in a pair of warm arms, the steady breathing blowing gently against your torn hair. Cinnamon and wine. Without looking up, you buried yourself deeper into his embrace, hearing his regular heartbeat – protection. He tightens his grip on your limp body and you hear his furious muffled voice, forcibly dragged barely into a conversational tone. And an equally forcible voice counters back, but you don’t care – everything is too muffled, too confusing, too warm and safe.

 

You hang on, and for once, you give in willingly to the gentle persuasion to the unconsciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I... I hope this is okay.... ;;; I actually a great long chapter about Mir, but I deleted it cos I didn't like it ^^ I wantedsomething like this - it fits very well <3 yay~