Christmas Crisis

Dawn of the Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First off, let me apologize that this is not part of the Yixing-Iola romance series that I started last chapter. I've been really busy that I don't have the time nor the inspiration for that one yet, but I still want to do something for Christmas so voila~! TBH I have no idea what this is; I drove my horde of nephews and nieces to see Santa Claus and wrote this during the whole hour-and-half we were there ^^"
 

 

 

 

Iola resisted the urge to bang her head on the wall.

Really, she loves the Guardians like her own brothers; they are her family here, after all. But still, there was this urge to strangle every one of them bubbling beneath her skin and she had to take several deep breaths to calm herself.

It was partially her own fault, anyway. She loves explaining about her world to the Guardians, how every small simple thing that she took for granted, like public transportation or plumbing system, when she was there seems like a huge miracle to them. Still, there was some things that shouldn’t be explained, things like religion or politics, simply for the reason that it would deemed too strange and she wasn’t sure whether it was appropriate.

She just never thought that the concept of Santa Claus will be one of them.

“So you’re saying this old man will break into people’s homes?”

Iola took another deep breath. Here we go again…. “Well, we wouldn’t exactly call it a break in, Chanyeol…..”

Wufan’s eyebrows had scrunched up in that way she knew meant that he highly disapproves of the whole thing. Then again, his eyebrows always did have those scrunch, so she wasn’t really sure.

“Don’t you have law forbidding people from stealing?”

“No, like I was saying earlier, Wufan-“

“Well,” Tao scoffed. “I guess the soldiers in your country must be pretty lax if this man keeps on going into people’s houses year after year!”

“W-wha….? What does that have to do with soldiers?!”

“It has everything to do with it!” Baekhyun nodded sagely. “Soldiers are there to protect the citizens, so if they know this old man has been doing this for years they should’ve done something, like patrolling the area for instance!”

“Soldiers in my world don’t necessarily patrol the neighborhood…”

“A-ha! See, Tao was right!” Jongdae waved a finger victoriously right in front of her face and Iola resisted the urge to just chomp the offending appendage off. “Really, you should enforce your soldiers to be more vigilant!”

“What? No, no, Jongdae, it’s nothing like that!”

Joonmyun waved her protest easily. “Yes, it does Iola. Now I’m kind of worried for the rest of your world’s citizens; it must not be safe when you can have some man easily break into your home and have no one to prevent it.”

“Well, at least you won’t have that problem here.” Minseok smirked, resting a hand on her shoulder. “We’ll always keep you safe, and won’t let an old man in red suit come uninvited into your home.”

Iola was sure her face was split between wanting to blanch and gaping dumbfounded. Luckily she was saved from answering when another voice piped up.

“There was one thing that confuses me, though.’

Iola turned to see Kyungsoo, a frown on his forehead and one hand rubbing his chin in thought.

“Why does the man wears red, anyway? Doesn’t it make him more visible at night?”

Luhan nodded. “You’re right, Kyungsoo. If I was a burglar I’d probably wear all black, easier to blend into the dark, you know?”

“Well,” Sehun glanced slyly towards one particular Guardian. “Unless you’re Jongin, of course.”

“Hey! What does that mean?”

“I’m saying that your skin’s dark enough for you not to wear any disguise for breaking into homes at night.”

Jongin growled, ready to swing at the youngest. “You…”

“Boys, boys, please, no fighting.”

“…..Yes, Joonmyun.”

Baekhyun snorted. “You know, this would’ve been funny when we were younger, but I don’t think calling them boys anymore would still work when they’re both older than most people in the city, not to mention so much taller than you.”

“They would always be my boys, my babies.” Joonmyun stated with a slight protective pride in his tone, trying to stand taller which only made Chanyeol and Jongdae snickered.

“You’re such mother.”

“A short mother,” Jongdae added.

Tao grinned wickedly as he pulled the smaller leader into his arms. “Joonmama.”

Joonmyun let out a high-pitched squeak, trying to wrestle uselessly out of the younger man’s embrace. “We promise not to bring that up again. Ever!”

Iola laughed along as the rest of the men teased and laughed at Joonmyun, ignoring his continuous protest. She followed along the teases, happy that they have at least dropped the subject of Santa Claus for now.

Of course, she was sadly mistaken.

“Hey, so what was the point of this old man breaking into people’s homes anyway?”

Everyone turned to M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter