Prologue

Dawn of the Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a strange feeling. She didn’t know her surrounding; everything was foreign, and yet, familiar at the same time. The golden grass warm under her feet and the many wild rainbow-colored flowers swaying side to side, the soft breeze playing with her hair and the gentle trickling sound of a stream nearby; these were things that she knew, and yet didn’t know.

 She felt as if she should know each and every element of her surroundings, but try as hard as she may, her mind couldn’t come up with what it was she was supposed to know. The insistent humming at the back of her mind grew louder and she knew the answer was there, but it eluded her when she tried to reach out to it.

The sense of déjà vu and out-of-worldliness was disconcerting and distracting and she almost stumbled down from the dizziness it was causing her. But then another thought came into mind and it was enough to dispel her vertigo.

The tree.

 She looked up to see the humongous tree that stood alone in the meadow she was in. The trunk shone with copper-like shine while the leaves had golden shimmer on them, catching and reflecting the sunlight bursting through it, making it as if the tree was bejeweled with sparkling diamonds.

She felt such a longing for the tree; an almost acrid, bittersweet taste at the back of   that match the empty, aching, hollowness in her chest.

Her feet moved on its own, fueled by the intense longing. As her distance to the tree grew closer she frowned with alarm to see that it seemed to be dying; the trunk have less shine to it up close and there were cracks big and small running down the bark, while the golden leaves were falling with an unnatural speed.

Suddenly a bright light appeared, bursting from the tree itself and in front of her a young man floated in midair. He had platinum white hair that looked almost translucent under the sunlight and soft green bluish eyes of the deep, vast ocean. The shirt and loose pants he wore changed colors of varying earth tones with the slightest wind that caressed the fabric.

His appearance was the strangest she had ever seen and she was sure she never saw him before in her life, and yet again, the sense of familiarity washed over her in comforting waves.

“Admon…

She didn’t know anyone by that name, but it rolled of her tongue easily, the word familiar y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter