The Teimans

Dawn of the Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               Glasnant is the heir and only child of the former ruler of Teima. There were some complications during his birth and his mother, who always did have a weak constitution, didn’t make it. He was practically raised by the servants and maids of Greystone Fort, since his father was too busy in governing their vast country and overseeing the Great War. Growing up he was very lonely because no matter how much the servants cared for the young prince, there were no other kids his age at the Fort to play with besides Vadim but even then, the other boy was much too busy in his magical education to spend much time with the young prince.

Glasnant was also bullied and mocked, especially by other royals, because of his lack of abilities. His family has been an ice-wielder from since people can remember, his own father can summon up an ice storm with a snap of his fingers, but Glasnant himself didn’t have any gift. Malicious rumors said that it was because his mother was a common woman and not of royal blood, something that was heavily frowned upon when his father married her.

This leads him to often escape his guards and servants to run over to Kahu in search for some reprieve. Those times away were among his most cherished memories, because it had opened his eyes on how the citizens, the people he would rule someday, lives. He saw firsthand how the war had brought suffering to his people, how everyday there would came refugees from ravaged areas caused by the war, straggling band of desperate people who tried to look for a better life elsewhere now that their homes were destroyed.

During the then-ruler’s last years when the Great War had ended, Glasnant grew closer to his father who was bedridden because of his injuries. Contrary to what he’d believed almost all his life, the ruler does love his son very much and sincerely regretted the fact that he wasn’t there for the young boy as he grew up.  His father liked to told him stories of his mother, of how even though the boy have his father’s tall stature, blue hair and expressive eyes, his heart was all his mother’s, soft and gentle and kind, the same traits that had made the ruler fell in love with her in the first place. Glasnant sincerely grieved when his father passed away, only comforted by the knowledge that he is with his wife again.

Even though Glasnant becomes the ruler of Teima when his father died, in regards of he’s being only twelve he didn’t take the throne officially until six years later while the country was ruled by an assembly of counselors.

Fun trivia: Glasnant have a moonstone necklace he always wore hidden underneath his shirt, the same one that his father gave his mother when he proposed to her. Teimans believe that a moonstone would always shine brightly as long as the love between the couple remains strong, and Glasnant took delight that his parents’ never becomes dull.

 

 

            Alik is the First Commander of the Teima’s army and Glasnant’s right-hand man, a position he never even dream of when he was a kid, seeing how he was just a street orphan, one of the many casualties of the war that ravaged the country. He barely remembers his parents or where he came from, just that he was always alone.

It was a dark time then; too many hungry, orphaned by war kids roaming the street that people won’t give a second glance to. Alik’s ability to multiply himself came early in his life, pushed by the necessary need to survive though at the time he could only managed to conjure only one copy of himself. With that ability Alik was able to steal food or clothing or anything else he needed; one copy of himself distracted the shopkeepers while his real-self grabbed anything he needed, though Alik always make sure that he only took what he needs.

One time one of the shopkeepers managed to catch him and dragged him to the city’s main square for a whipping, as the law dictated those days. Just before the whip landed on his body though, Glasnant appeared and caught the blow himself, cutting his forehead as he crouched over Alik. The young prince pleaded for the boy’s pardon, to which the shopkeeper had immediately given, not wanting to anger the prince. Alik trembled with fear as the prince brought him to the Fort, and almost fainted with disbelief when Glasnant instead, gave him food to eat, a place to stay, and asked in a sweet, sheepish way if he wanted to be friends. The young prince said that he’d seen Alik in the city for some time and noticed how Alik was always alone, but so was Glasnant. So perhaps they can be friends so that they both won’t be alone anymore.

Right then and there Alik pledged his heart, body and soul for the young prince, vowing to be the best he can be to be able to help the prince later on when he rules the country. He was tutored by the same tutors as Glasnant had at the prince’s insistence, and learned everything the prince learned. He excelled in martial arts and military strategies and as he joined the army he quickly ascended through the ranks and become one of the youngest Commanders of the Army the Teima ever had.

Fun trivia: Even wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter