First Disastrous Courting (or Dates)

Dawn of the Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I usually updated on the weekends but today is special since.....well, it's my birthday and I want to give you, all my lovely readers a present :D Old readers, new readers, readers who commented, silent readers, I thank and appreciate all of you; you guys made me so happy for reading this story of mine.

This chapter will be the beginning of a mini-series I've been wanting to do, since a lot of you ask me to tell about how Iola and Yixing became closer after the end of DotW. You ask, and I deliver. Hope you'll enjoy~ :)

 

 

Time frame: right at the end of DotW (Chapter 32)

 

Yixing meant it when he said that they would take this thing between them slowly, that he would court Iola properly. He was prepared to do all that. There was only one thing, though.

He didn’t know how to court someone.

Well, technically he did. There was one time he courted a girl during his teen, before he became a Guardian, but that was years ago and he was sure he’d forgotten all about it. And truth be told, Iola meant so much more than that girl ever was so he really need to plan this perfectly.

Then there was also the fact that Iola came from another world altogether, somewhere that seemed to be vastly different than here, at least from what she had told him. And he wasn’t sure what people in her world do when they are trying to court someone.

He remembered she said something about going to the movies, whatever that means. If he remembered correctly, it was watching a moving pictures, though the concept behind it baffled him and his brothers when she told them about it, because how can pictures be moving? If anybody else besides her said it, he would’ve thought witchcraft was involved.

Obviously then, that option was out of the window, so now he was back again confused on what to do.

Luhan had snickered when he told him his dilemma, and Yixing wondered why he even bothers, especially when the other man refused to give him any ideas and just stared at him with a slightly mischievous, all-knowing gaze.

“It’s not that difficult, Xing. Why do you have to make it so complicated?”

Yixing scoffed; obviously Luhan didn’t know anything. “It’s not that simple, Han. It has to be something special, something elaborate, something to sweep her off her feet.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, patting his shoulder as he stood up. “Suit yourself, but I have a feeling Iola doesn’t need anything grand.” He turned at the threshold, eyes still glinting with that mischievous spark. “I’m sure you’ll know what to do in the end.”

Yixing resisted the urge to bang his head from exasperation. Why did he ever come to Luhan for advice in the first place?

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Yixing took a look around the room, nodding in satisfaction. The room was dimly lit by numerous candles he had spread all over the room, not too few to leave them in the dark but just enough to leave the atmosphere cozy. The fire in the hearth blazed merrily, lending some warmth on the otherwise chilly evening. The round, low table was full with various snacks and pastries he had asked the castle’s kitchen to prepare; fluffy pillows already fluffed and arranged around the table itself.

Yixing nodded again. Everything was ready.

The door behind him creaked open and he whirled around to see Iola on the threshold, Remus and Romulus by her sides as always.

“Yixing?” She looked around the room, eyes widening by the second. “What is this?”

Yixing grinned and walked closer. “I figured it would be nice for us to spend some time together.”

Iola had a small blush decorating her cheeks, something that Yixing secretly rejoiced over as he waved for her to sit down on one of the pillow. He took his own seat in front of her, not by choice though since the drachensteins already occupied her sides and Yixing was almost sure that the animals were giving him judging looks. No matter, at least she was here, he reminded himself as he poured some drink into her goblet and nudged his chin to the food.

“I hope you’ll like them. Please, help yourself.”

Iola looked on in interest as she inspected a pink, fluffy, round concoction. “What’s this?”

“Ah, it’s a special dessert from where I come from. Try it!”

Iola’s blissful expression when she bit into the sweet treats was enough reward for Yixing and his grin grew wider.

“Oh my God, this is so good!”

“I’m glad you like it. Here, try this one too!”

Iola’s smile was so bright as she accepted another treat. “This is great, Yixing. Thank you for this.”

He could only shrug at that, lowering his head so she won’t see his blush. The first few moment of shy awkwardness was quickly gone and their conversation ran easily afterwards, trading childhood stories and playful teasing and Yixing did a happy jig internally, congratulating himself for planning the perfect courting.

BANG!

“There you are, Iola! We’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

Yixing blinked as three blurry figures suddenly whirled through the door and planted themselves around Iola. He blinked again, before his eyes narrowed at the sight that greeted him.

Tao already had his head on Iola’s lap, Jongin on the other side snuggling on her shoulder while Sehun was draped all over her back like an overgrown child. He’d also noticed with a frown that the drachensteins didn’t seem to mind the three new additions, if their wagging tails indicate anything.

“We missed you,” Tao whined as he looked up to her, grabbing her hand and put it on top of his head.

Iola chuckled and automatically ran her fingers through his hair. “You just saw me at dinner before, Tao.”

“But that’s different, Iola!” Jongin pouted and stared piteously at her from behind his bangs.

“How so?”

“Well, before we were with the others. We want to spend more time with you just by ourselves!”

Yixing could barely bit back a growl. He loves his younger brothers and all, but couldn’t they see that he too would like to spend time with her without any of the others?

Sehun caught his eyes and a smirk began to bloom on his face, though he managed to cover it with a small smile when Iola turned at her. But the moment she looked away, his smirk was back on, along with the identical ones on Jongin and Tao.

Yixing clenched his teeth. These brats need to be taught a lesson, and soon.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“What are you planning, Yixing?”

He turned around with a grin, only motioning for her to continue to walk up the stairs. “We’ll be there soon, Iola.”

Iola nodded briefly, fingers grazing the circular stone walls around them. “I’ve never been to this particular section of the castle before.”

“Hardly anybody ever comes to this part since there are no living quarters here. But the rooftop tower here is actually the best place to see this constellation of stars I want to show you.”

“I thought the tallest tower was the best place to see the stars.”

Yixing chuckled nervously, not knowing whether to say the truth, that that place will surely be the first one his brothers go to if they’re looking for her. “Uhm….not really? Anyway, where we’re going is better to see the western stars constellation.”

A small yelp was the only answer and Yixing quickly turned around in surprise to find Iola almost stumbling down the steps. His hands immediately reached out to grab her sides, pulling her close to steady her. She felt soft and warm against him and he had to steel himself not to bend down and nuzzle the top of her head.

Iola still trembled with surprise as she pushed him slightly, a shy grin decorating her face. “Sorry about that, my feet just slipped from under me.”

Yixing had to bite back a frown when her warmth left his arms. Instead he just coughed nervously and nudged his chin ahead. “Shall we continue?”

Her eyebrows were raised when she saw his outstretched hand and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter