The Animals

Dawn of the Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, when I first made the rough draft for this universe I had planned  what kind of animals would roam this world. Sadly, I didn't get to use much of them. Here is some of the animals I had in mind back then.

 

Drachensteins

            Animals native of the Andaleb country.

Shaped like a wolf though much bigger; at its full height it could reach more than a human’s waist. All drachensteins have bright, yellow eyes and black, midnight fur though usually some parts of their bodies will have streaks of different color. They also have an ebony horn at its forehead just above their eyes. When they are still cubs the horn will be small, almost like a stump. The horn will grow along with the drachensteins, reaching into full height which is around 25 centimeters once the animal matured. The horn is also another aspect to differentiate the gender of the drachensteins; the females’ horns have a slight dull sheen to it, making it a creamy color while the males have pure white horns.

They usually travel in packs and live in the high plains and are carnivorous, though they usually don’t attack humans. Several Andalebians clans used to capture them while they were still cubs, for the reason that the animals made excellent hunting companions once tamed.

By the time the Great War ended most of the drachensteins have been killed; the few remaining scattered, some say they migrated to other places.

 

 

Peluda

            A common domesticated animal that can be found all over the world.

            Almost twice as big as a horse, they have long, upright donkey-ears and huge, round eyes that take over half of its face. You can usually tell what age the animal was by looking at their ears; adult peluda will have ears that stood straight up on top of its head while younger ones’ ears will flopped downward.

Some breed of the animal has a pair of small wings on each of its legs, enabling them to gallop faster. This particular breed is used mainly for transportation. But other breed doesn’t have any wings though they are stronger and much larger; these breeds are usually used for farming or large hauling work.

            They are tame and gentle and are herbivorous.

 

 

Glaistig

            Animals native of the Teima country.

            They are still in the same family as dragons, hence their fire-breathing abilities but that is where the similarity ends. A mixture of a bird and a lizard, glaistigs have scaled skins that range in color from deep, forest green to emerald grass. Their yellow beaks are curved downward and unlike dragons that have legs and “arms”, they only have one foot with six sharp talons. Up from its neck down to its tails are dented rigs that are their spines. Their wings are thin, waxy membrane that is usually a paler color from its skin.

            Though smaller than the dragon, the glaistigs are still quite big, as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter