Murmurs

It's Not You I Love

 

When Hyoyeon came home from her little "date" with Kai, she immediately rushed into the kitchen to cook. Since she was too scared to look at what time it was, she didn't even bother to peek at the clock. 
 
*Eunhyuk's POV*
 
When I arrived home from work, I noticed that the table wasn't set. Hyoyeon was still in the kitchen cooking. I walked over to the kitchen to find her rushing to get the dish she was working on served. She looked a bit scared when she saw me, which made me feel guilty. 
 
"Oppa! You're home! I'm so sorry I didn't cook faster, something kind of came up today, it took me by surprise. Don't worry, I'm almost done cooking." Hyoyeon said to me with a worried tone. 
 
I walked over to her, which made her face express fear. When I was in front of her,I reached for her forehead and wiped the sweat that was dripping to her brow. She flinched against my touch. I realized she was looking at me through wide brown eyes, which caused me to swipe my hand away and clear my throat. 
 
"It's fine." I said in my usual lacking emotion voice. "Let's just order something." I walked to the living room and rested on the couch. Hyoyeon came after she cleaned up the kitchen. She sat next to me and stared. 
 
"What?" I said, turning my head. 
 
She didn't answer and just looked at me with her head tilted and face filled with confusion. She put her hand on my forehead. Like a reflex, I pushed her hand away. 
 
"Why are you touching me with such cold hands of yours." I tried to sound disgusted. 
 
"Baby, are you okay? Are you sick?" Hyoyeon's voice sounded concerned. 
 
"I'm fine." 
 
"Are you sure? You usually hate it when your food isn't ready by the time you come home." 
 
"Well..." I paused as I thought of an excuse. "I've been getting tired of your cooking, I thought I told you."
 
Hyoyeon frowned. "I'm sorry. I'll try to cook new things." 
 
"It's fine. Just take a break from your cooking." 
 
She nodded her head, obeying. 
 
"It's getting late anyway." I added. "Let's just go to bed." 
 
I headed towards our bedroom first. I entered inside our bathroom to get ready for bed. When I came out, I saw Hyoyeon tucked in, waiting for me. 
 
I walked over to the nightstand on Hyoyeon's side to get my phone, but saw a message as I picked it up. It was from work, I forgot to finish my paperwork. Crap. I sighed. 
 
"I'm gonna go work in my office so just sleep first." I said to Hyoyeon. But before I could walk away, she pulled my wrist. 
 
"No. Oppa. Stay here until I fall asleep." She widened her eyes and held my hand. 
 
I scoffed. "Do you think you're 5 years old?" 
 
"Please." She said in a soft voice. 
 
"Fine." I gave up and let out a sigh. 
 
Having no choice, I crawled in bed on the other side of Hyoyeon. I laid down and pulled the covers over me. "Now go to sleep." 
 
She nodded her head and got under the covers too.  
 
I looked up at the ceiling and waited for Hyoyeon to fall asleep. You could usually tell she's sleeping by hearing if she's murmuring.  Talking in her sleep wasn't unusual for her. 
 
Just like I expected, 5 minutes later she starts mumbling. 
 
"Eunhyuk, I love you." She said in between snores. I chuckled at her sleeping habits. 
 
"I love you too." I quietly whispered. 
 
I was about to get out of bed but Hyoyeon started moving which made me freeze. I stayed still trying my hardest not to wake her up. Her eyes were still closed so I assumed she was still sleeping. 
 
She rolled over to my side and put both her arm and leg on me. When I tried even the most slight escape, she tightened her grip. I surrendered and just let her sleep comfortably. I managed to put my arm around her and pull her closer to me as she wasn't close enough. 
 
"I love you Eunhyuk." She murmured once again. 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
A/N- HyoHyuk here, HyoKai next. :) Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts.