I Need to Protect You

It's Not You I Love

 

Hyoyeon's POV 
 
I woke up but I kept my eyes closed and turned to fix my position. As I turned my head, I felt pain. Oh, I remember. Eunhyuk was drunk last night. I squeezed the blanket. 
 
I suddenly smelled freshly brewed coffee and cooked breakfast. Wait, Eunhyuk should be at work right now. 
 
When I opened my eyes, I couldn't recognize anything. I didn't have a clue to where I was. I heard noises in the kitchen so I knew I wasn't alone. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. 
 
A guy suddenly appeared in sight. He started to walk towards me. I got scared and started to panic. 
 
"I'm sorry! I don't have anything! Please don't hurt me! Please!" I yelled at him, trying to stop him from coming any closer.
 
*End of Hyoyeon's POV* 
 
When Kai heard Hyoyeon yelling at him, he got startled.
 
"No. No. I'm not gonna hurt you I swear." Kai said waving his hands trying to indicate that she had it all wrong. 
 
Hyoyeon looked at Kai. If he didn't want to hurt her. Then why was she here. 
 
"Where am I?" Hyoyeon asked in a weak voice. 
 
Kai sat next to her which shocked Hyoyeon a bit. He explained everything that happened. He told her how he found her and how she was injured. 
 
After Kai finished explaining, Hyoyeon was very grateful and was a little less scared. 
 
"Thank you so much." Hyoyeon said. "Thank you for taking care of me. But, who are you?" 
 
Kai realized that he hadn't properly introduced himself. He stood up which confused Hyoyeon on what he was doing. 
 
Kai bowed. "Hello. My name is Kim Jong In. My friends call me Kai. You can call me Kai if you want." Kai bowed for a second time. 
 
Hyoyeon stayed seated and tried to bow in her place. "Hello. My name is Kim Hyoyeon. I don't really have a nick name." Hyoyeon gave Kai a sheepish smile. 
 
Kai sat next to Hyoyeon once again. Hyoyeon looked at Kai and noticed that he was leaning towards her. She flinched and started to lean back. 
 
"What are you doing Kai-ssi?" Hyoyeon asked a bit scared. 
 
Kai looked at Hyoyeon and smiled reassuringly. "I was just checking to see if we should change your bandages." 
 
Kai reached for the bandage on Hyoyeon's lip but she stopped Kai's hand before it could come in contact with her face. 
 
"Kai-ssi. My boyfriend wouldn't like this." Hyoyeon said. 
 
Kai was a bit taken back by Hyoyeon's response. He backed away and gave Hyoyeon her personal space once again. 
 
"You have a boyfriend?" Kai asked.
 
Hyoyeon merely nodded, worried how Eunhyuk would react.. 
 
"I'm sorry." Kai whispered. "Does your boyfriend know what happened to you last night? Oh, speaking of which. If you don't mind me asking, what did happen to you last night?" 
 
Hyoyeon was a little shocked with Kai's questions. They were so straight forward, but she didn't mind. He did take care of her, so she owed him. 
 
"My boyfriend knows what happened to me last night." Hyoyeon spoke uncomfortably. "He's kind of the reason why I'm injured." 
 
Kai's eyes widened. He turned to Hyoyeon. "Your boyfriend was the one that did that to you?" 
 
"Yeah but he was drunk. He couldn't control himself. Besides, I was in his way. So it's really my fault."
 
Kai couldn't believe what he was hearing. This girl is letting herself get beaten up by her boyfriend and is blaming herself for it. 
 
"Hyoyeon-ssi. It doesn't matter if he was drunk or not. A man should never hurt a women like this." Kai gestured to Hyoyeon's wounds. 
 
"I'm okay. I really am. I'm used to it." Hyoyeon said, trying to calm Kai down. 
 
This only worried Kai more. She says she's used to it. So that meant that this happens on a regular basis. That is just absolutely ridiculous. 
 
"Hyoyeon-ssi. I really think-" 
 
"It's fine." Hyoyeon cut Kai off. "I think I should get going." 
 
Hyoyeon got up but before she could even take a step, she started to feel dizzy. She held her head but she felt like the world was spinning too fast. She fell to her knees. 
 
Kai jolted towards her and made sure she was stable. "Are you okay?" 
 
"Yeah. I'm fine." Hyoyeon tried to sound okay but her head was hurting too much. 
 
Kai wasn't convinced for a second. He looked at the wound on her head and saw that it was bleeding again. "I'm taking you to the hospital." 
 
Hyoyeon disagreed at first but Kai didn't take no for an answer.  
  
*
 
Kai took Hyoyeon to the hospital and was now waiting for the doctor to come out. He was still thinking about what Hyoyeon has said to her. She has a boyfriend, but is beaten up by him. Who would harm such a frail women like Hyoyeon. This guy must be crazy. 
 
As Kai was deep in his thoughts, the doctor came out of Hyoyeon's room. Kai stood up and greeted the doctor. 
 
"Hello. Are you the patient's boyfriend?" The doctor asked. 
 
"What? Oh, no, that's not how it is. We're just...friends." He gave the doctor an awkward smile. 
 
"Oh well Ms.Hyoyeon just got a little dizzy because of the blood loss from the wound on her head. We just needed to stitch up the wound and now she's fine. She just needs plenty of rest and you can take her home by tomorrow." The doctor bowed and left Kai. 
 
Kai walked in Hyoyeon's room and found her awake. She turned to Kai once she saw him enter.
 
"Hi." Kai said. 
 
"Hi. I think I need to go. Eunhyuk is gonna get worried." Hyoyeon replied. 
 
Eunhyuk. So that's the name of her boyfriend. Kai thought. 
 
"The doctor said that you have to get some rest and you can go home tomorrow." Kai protested.
 
Hyoyeon sighed. "Eunhyuk is going to be so mad." 
 
Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk. Is that really all she could think of right now. Kai walked over to Hyoyeon and sat next to her on her bed. 
 
"So about your boyfriend. I know it's none of my business but I know that he shouldn't be treating you like this." Kai didn't know why Hyoyeon worried him so much. He just felt like he needed to protect her, like she needed protection. 
 
"Kai-ssi. I love my boyfriend, and I know he loves me too. He just has trouble explaining it." 
 
Loves you? So he hurts you because he loves you. That just doesn't make sense. "Okay, but I think you need to leave him." 
 
Hyoyeon was very shocked about Kai's suggestions. Well, she has thought of leaving him, but she just couldn't. She loved him too much. Hyoyeon didn't reply and just kept silent. Kai noticed and realized that what he said may have been too honest, but he didn't regret saying it at all. 
 
"I'm sorry." Kai spoke up. "You should get some sleep. I'll personally take you home tomorrow." 
 
Hyoyeon nodded and tucked herself in. Kai got off Hyoyeon's bed and sat in the chair instead. Hyoyeon noticed that Kai wasn't leaving. She looked over to him and saw him playing games on his phone. Hyoyeon just smiled and let him stay. 
 
The next day Kai was helping Hyoyeon leave the hospital. He helped her get into his car and made sure she was comfortable before he made his way to the driver's seat. Hyoyeon was giving Kai directions to where her and Eunhyuk's house was. Once they were outside, Kai was a bit hesitant of letting Hyoyeon go. 
 
"I still think that you should leave him." Kai said before letting Hyoyeon go inside. 
 
"Kai-ssi." Hyoyeon started. 
 
"Just call me Kai." 
 
"Well, Kai. Even if I do leave him, I wouldn't have a place to live. So I don't really have a choice." 
 
"You can live with me." 
 
Hyoyeon was once again shocked by Kai's words. Why was he so open to her. They were practically strangers. 
 
"What's your number?" Kai asked. 
 
Hyoyeon told him her number while Kai was putting it into his phone. He called Hyoyeon's phone.
 
"If you ever change your mind. Just call me." Kai said. 
 
Hyoyeon nodded and bowed to Kai once more before entering her house. 
 
--------------------------
 
A/N - What did you guys think of this chapter? I'm not really satisfied with it but let's hope the next chapter will be better. Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts. :)