It's Going To Get Me

It's Not You I Love

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

            I washed the dishes that were used to feed Eunhyuk and placed them on the drying racket. After I dried my hands, I rummaged through Eunhyuk’s kitchen drawers to find any leftover medicine.

            Wow, it’s feels different calling everything in this house Eunhyuk’s property instead of ours. I found a few bottles of cough syrup and started reading what it was supposed to be used for.

            There were footsteps behind me and a sudden pair of arms making their way around my waist. Eunhyuk’s chin rested on my shoulder and everything almost seemed peaceful.

            “Don’t you miss me Hyo?” He asked.

            I let out a sigh. “Eunhyuk, please don’t do this.”

            His hold tightened. “I’m asking because I’m curious. I mean, I miss you… a lot.”

            A slight smile showed on my face which Eunhyuk didn’t see.

            “So do you?” He asked once again.

            I turned around to face Eunhyuk, he kept his arms around me. “Yes Eunhyuk,  I do miss you.”

            He smiled. “Then why don’t you come back to me?”

            I caressed his face. “Eunhyuk, I’m not with you anymore. I’m dating Kai, I can’t just leave him, I love him.”

            Eunhyuk’s smile disappeared, his face filled with disappointment. I looked away, I was too weak to look at him.

            My sight was focused on the floor but he softly guided my face to where we made eye contact. Before I could think of an action, he leaned in for a soft, sweet, long kiss. Like always, I stayed completely frozen, not moving a muscle.

            Kai popped into my mind, I was snapped back to reality and leaned away from Eunhyuk’s kiss. My sight once again shifted towards the floor.

            “Why don’t you take a hot steamy shower to help your fever while I look for your medicine.” I said.

            “Oh, okay, but you can’t leave while I’m in the shower, you have to stay here. Promise me.”

            “I promise Eunhyuk.” I pulled his hands from my waist and started leading him to the bathroom in his room, making sure he took a shower.

            I walked back to the kitchen and looked at the medicines again. While I continued reading the cough syrup’s label, I discovered something in the back of the cabinet… a jar of pills.

 

 

 

Eunhyuk! Come back! Please! I need you!

Pretty Jar of Pills.

I’ll just eat the pills, then it will go away.

Are you crazy?

What do you think you’re doing!

Come with me.

Live with me.

 

 

 

            I threw the jar away from me, all off the contents spilled and scattered on the ground. I started to back away from the pills but tripped and fell to the floor.

            The pills seemed like they were getting closer and closer to me, all I could do was try and crawl away. I crawled into a corner and trapped myself, I started screaming, they were getting near me, they were going to get me. My head started spinning and I didn’t know what was going on, I buried my head in my knees, they were going to get me. My screams got louder and my head started to hurt extremely.

            A pair of hands touched my shoulders; they’re going to get me! I swatted the hands away and tried to escape but I was too weak. I started tossing and turning, trying to escape the hands’ grip.

            “Hyoyeon! Calm down! It’s me!”

             I opened my eyes and saw Eunhyuk with wet hair, no shirt, and basketball shorts. The pills didn’t seem to be moving anymore when I looked at them.

             Eunhyuk kneeled down next to me and wrapped me in hug, I was shaking.

             “What happened?” He asked as he rubbed my back.

             “They were going to get me.” I replied.

             “Who was going to get you?”

              I stood up and ran to my bag in the living room, I started to put my jacket on.

              Eunhyuk ran to me. “What’s wrong?”

              “I gotta get out of here.”

              “Why? Did I do something wrong?”

               I ignored him and continued associating with my things. He grabbed my hands and looked at me.

              “Hyoyeon, what’s going on?”

              “I need to go.” I closed up my purse and ran out the house. I quickly signaled for a taxi and drove back to Kai’s house.

              Once I arrived, I called Kai from work.

              “Hello?” He answered the phone.

              “Kai, can you please come home.” I stuttered.

              “Why? Is something wrong?”

              “I just need you with me right now, please?”

              “Alright, I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” He hung up the phone.

              15 minutes felt longer  than forever. I sat on the couch and looked towards the front door, waiting for Kai’s arrival. My hands started shaking, as did my whole body.

              The front door opened, Kai ran to me and gave me a hug. Tears escaped my eyes, drenching Kai’s shoulder.

              “What happened? What’s wrong?” Kai asked.

              “I was… it was…” I didn’t know what to say. Should I say that I went over to Eunhyuk’s house? Even if I did, how would I explain my traumatized state?  Kai noticed my expression and understood what was going on.

               He lead me towards our bedroom, never letting me out of his arms. He laid me in bed with him by my side and fully covered me with the blanket.

               Kai tightened his hug and started to rub my arm.

               “Hyoyeon, you’re shaking.” He said. “It’s okay, you’re going to be alright. You don’t have to tell me anything if you’re not ready, I’ll just wait.”

               My body started to come at ease and I started to feel a bit more calm. That’s what I loved about Kai, he never pushed, he was always patient, and he always waited. I laid my head on Kai’s chest and we both ended up falling asleep in that position.

 

 *
A few hours later
*

            I woke up to Kai in a deep sleep by my side, it was dark outside. Kai’s arms were still around me, keeping my body warm. With a little wiggle, I managed to somehow escape his hold to reach for my phone. I squinted my eyes at the bright little screen.

            20 missed calls from Eunhyuk

            5 new text messages from Eunhyuk

            From:Eunhyuk
            Hyoyeon, why did you leave so suddenly?  

            From: Eunhyuk
            Hyo, did I do something wrong?

            From: Eunhyuk
            Hyoyeon, please come back.

            From: Eunhyuk
            I’ll wait for you.

            From: Eunhyuk
            Please remember that I’ll always love you Kim Hyoyeon.

            Kai moved next to me, I turned my head to look at him but his eyes were still closed. I looked at my phone screen one more time, a tear ran down my face which caused me to look away and turn off my phone. I turned my body to Kai and snuggled back in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Um… a mix of HyoHyuk and HyoKai? I hope you guys remember that this is a love triangle so I’m keeping the boys equal as much as I can. However, I do lean towards a guy from time to time in the story but not for my opinion. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts.