Shedding Tears

It's Not You I Love

Hyoyeon's POV
 
"Here's the living room, here's the kitchen, and here's bathroom. Sorry, my house only has one bedroom so you're going to have to be sleeping in my room." Kai smiled to me. I felt like such a burden, I was basically kicking him out of his own room. 
 
"I'm sorry for barging into your home like this, I feel really bad. If you’re uncomfortable at any time, just tell me and I'll go somewhere else." 
 
"No. No." Kai shook his head no. "I asked you to live here remember? You're not a burden at all, I can tell that I'm really going to enjoy you being here." Kai pulled me in for hug which I didn't refuse to. "I'm glad that you're here with me where I can protect you. You being away from that Eunhyuk guy relieves me from all my worries." 
 
Eunhyuk...that name.... It's so beautiful, but how come I get so mad when I hear it. How could Eunhyuk cheat on me, how could he do that to me, I thought he loved me. How could I think of taking my life away just because of him? I hated the fact that he had so much effect over me. Kai truly is my savior, how could he come at the most perfect time. I released Kai's hug and looked at him. 
 
"Kai, how did you know that I was in trouble? How could your timing be so perfect?" I asked him. 
 
Kai pulled out, what seemed to be my cell phone, out of his pocket and gave it to me. "You left your phone in the car and I wanted to return it to you. I drove back to your house and waited at the front door. I had second thoughts about coming in because of your boyfriend. I was about to leave, but then I heard you screaming. I got so worried that I kicked the door open, I thought that you were getting hurt by him again." 
 
I didn't know why, but I started to cry. What confused me was, I couldn't find a reason on why I was crying, I just couldn't help it. Was I crying because of Eunhyuk? Was I crying because of how grateful I was towards Kai? Or was I just crying at myself, because I was so blind, because I was so pathetic. 
 
Kai pulled me in for a hug once again. He tried to calm me down by rubbing my back and whispering to me that everything was okay. I knew they weren't.
 
"You should get some sleep." He whispered in my ear. It was almost 5 in the morning and I felt my eyelids getting heavy. 
 
"You need to get some sleep too. I know you're more tired than me." 
 
He snickered. Wow, even with the darkest of dark circles under his eyes, his smile still looked amazing. 
 
Kai lead me to his bedroom, he grabbed a few pajamas from his closet to change into. I crawled into bed and noticed he was about to leave. A sudden feeling of desire came to me. 
 
"Wait Kai, can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" 
 
Kai looked a little surprised for second but he started to walk towards the bed and tucked himself in next to me. It was my turn to be surprised, I didn't expect him to be so close. He turned to me, this gave me the chance to inspect his facial features better. I truly could not find one flaw, everything was perfect. That's weird, I thought I would only think about Eunhyuk like that, there are other perfect guys out there? 
 
Kai reached for my hand under the blanket, I felt my body froze. This all felt all too familiar. This is exactly what Eunhyuk's position used to be, this is exactly how close he was. It felt unusual to be doing this with Kai. Kai pulled his hand away which caused me to look at him, was something wrong? Did he feel weird too?
 
"You seemed like you were uncomfortable." He said. "I don't want to push you too fast. I just want things to happen on their own." 
 
I smiled to him. The words he said just gave me the courage to reach back for his hand.
 
"Thank you Kai." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*The Next Day*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I opened my eyes and found Kai's face right in front of mine. He was asleep, he looked so innocent and peaceful. Being as careful as I could, I slid away from Kai off the bed. 
 
I inhaled and exhaled, trying to process everything that just happened in the past 24 hours. I had such an amazing time with Kai, Eunhyuk has admitted to cheating on me, I left the guy that I would've sacrificed everything for to live with a guy that I basically just met. Everything went by so fast, I wasn't used to this much commotion. 
 
There were so many things to do. I need to get the rest of my things from the old house and unpack my things in this house. The faster these tasks are done, the better.
 
Should I ask Kai to help me get my things from the other house, or would it be a bother? He would probably be against it too, I should just get it myself, it isn’t a lot of stuff anyway. I’ll be able to finish in less than an hour. I looked at my watch, Eunhyuk should be heading to work about now, so the house will be empty.
 
Walking to my suitcase, I grabbed a jacket to put over my slept in clothes. Quickly grabbing my purse and my keys, I headed to Eunhyuk’s house.
 
When I arrived, I hesitated to get out the car. Once again, I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I got out the car and walked to the front door, I was about to look for my keys but realized that the door was unlocked.
 
I walked into the house and found the whole place wrecked. All the pictures in the living room have cracked, the couch was upside down, there were holes in the walls, and the furniture was pushed in every direction.
 
Was there a robbery? Where was Eunhyuk? I rushed to our bedroom to look for him, and sure enough, I found him. He was lying motionless on the bed, I could barely recognize him. His hair was messed up, his face looked pale, and is that blood? What happened! I walked to him to get a closer look and he wasn’t looking well, he looked a little sick. But why should I care? I pulled my head away and walked to the closet.
 
He wasn’t my business anymore, we broke up. He cheated on me, I didn’t have to care about him.
 
Looking at my closet, I concluded that there wasn’t anything here that I needed, I already took all the essentials. So why was I here?
 
When I opened the closet doors, what stood behind it gave me a heart attack. Eunhyuk had awakened and was now looking at me with confusion. I ignored his expression and walked around him, I was so close to leaving the room… until he grabbed my arm.
 
I was turned around and what I saw on Eunhyuk’s face was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen, he was crying. In our whole entire relationship, I’ve never seen him shed a tear.
 
“Hyoyeon.” He said in such a soft voice, it almost didn’t sound like him.
 
“Will you please let go of me? I have to go.” My voice sounded strong but I felt like I was about to crack any second. Please Eunhyuk, make this easier for me. Don’t look at me with those hypnotizing eyes, don’t talk to me with your soothing voice, and don’t touch me with your warm comforting hands. Please, just don’t.
 
“Hyoyeon, everything I said was a lie. I never cheated on you, ever. You’re the only person in this world that I truly love. Please Hyoyeon, take me back.” This scene was too shocking. Eunhyuk fell to his knees, that’s where he hugged my waist and cried. Who was this? This was not Eunhyuk, this isn’t how he is.
 
I kneeled down to face him. His face was full of tears and he couldn’t look at my direction. I called his name but he kept staring at the floor. When I called his name for a second time, he pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. I felt my shoulder being dampened by tears.  
 
“Hyoyeon, please.” Eunhyuk sniffed. “I love you so much. You’re my only reason for living. I don’t know what to do without you. I need you. I need you. Please, I need you.”
 
“Eunhyuk…”  
 
Eunhyuk released me from his hug and held my hands. “Please, I’ll become a better person, I promise. Just please, take me back. Hyoyeon, I love you. Please be mine once again, please. Just… please…. I’m begging you.”
 
I looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes. The strong lion that I onced loved has now turned into the weak gazelle. Was it because of me? He truly does love me, but what about Kai? What do I do?
 
Eunhyuk’s hands squeezed mine and his expression became softer.
 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N- Well this is probably the longest chapter I’ve ever updated in this story so I hope you guy’s enjoyed. Guys please don’t hate Hyukkie. :’( He’s really just misunderstood and he doesn’t know how to handle his feelings, but he loves Hyo to death. So don’t hate him. Don’t worry for Kai either, he still has hope. I’m team Kai and Eunhyuk, I can’t choose between the two.  Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts :)